SO excited for a "forced" rest week!

thebrain

Cathlete
It is VERY hard for me, as I am sure it for many of you out there, to take any sort of rest week, unless I am very sick. To be told by someone (Cathe) that I HAVE to take a some time off is a dream! Of course, I'll do some cardio, but to be able to sleep in 'till 6 AM (I am an early-morning exerciser) a few times during that work-week sounds like pure heaven!!

Disc 7, by the way, kicked my arse....drop-sets of push-ups at the END of the work-out? Ha-ha....literally fell on my face!

Aimee

Hi Aimee,

I have a tough time taking more than a day off. Even when I'm injured, I modify and do something that doesn't tax that part of the body. The only days I take off are if I'm sick. I have pelvic girdle pain because I'm 7+ months preggo so yesterday I lifted arms for 30 minutes and then did 90 minutes of yoga. Today was Back from P90x and modification from a Biggest Loser cardio w/o (used light weights on everything) and then 30 minutes on the elliptical.

If you want to rest--do it for sure--and more importantly--enjoy it. :D

Aimee, I feel the same way! I'm an early bird also and I'm happy about the rest week! It will be an active one though - just no STS.

I always find it a bit joyous after 4 weeks of a rotation to be freed up to do other things for a week, too, like yoga, walk, extra cardio, etc. :)

It is VERY hard for me, as I am sure it for many of you out there, to take any sort of rest week, unless I am very sick. To be told by someone (Cathe) that I HAVE to take a some time off is a dream! Of course, I'll do some cardio, but to be able to sleep in 'till 6 AM (I am an early-morning exerciser) a few times during that work-week sounds like pure heaven!!

Disc 7, by the way, kicked my arse....drop-sets of push-ups at the END of the work-out? Ha-ha....literally fell on my face!

Aimee
I will complete all of meso- cycle one tomorrow. I worked really hard and the workouts are tough especially if you use 60-70 % of your one rep max as required and keep your rest periods short as required. My body is fried and I and my body are anxiously looking forward to my week off next week! Meso one was great!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.