Snow, Snow, and More Snow.

JT

Cathlete
My workouts have been shoveling and more shoveling lately. The last time I did a "regular" workout was KB/4DS on Saturday.

Usually, I love winter and the snow but I am getting sick of it. The only good thing is that my arms are defined. It's good that I'm in well enough shape to shovel cause it would be dangerous for me if I wasn't.

My location is western Michigan. Since about 12 noon or later, it's about 4 inches or more and still coming down.

Thanks for letting me unload.
Go to www.wzzm13.com to the MDOT cameras and see it live.

I hear ya Jennifer. I'm in OH and we're getting the same thing. I want Spring.

*♥´¨)
¸ .• ♥ ´¸.•*♥´¨) ¸.♥•*¨)
(¸.•♥´ (¸ ;.♥•Jennie•♥

I feel your pain. Born and raised in Buffalo NY, so I know exactly what you're dealing w/. I have vivid memories of shoveling 2 or 3 times per day because the volume would be too great to move if we waited till it was all over.

I like winter a lot, but it does get bleak when you're too wiped from shoveling to have any fun skiing, snowshoeing etc.
Take care,
Valerie

I just got home from ANOTHER 3 1/2 snow commute. Grrrrr, grumble. Job interview 17 miles from home next Weds, wish me luck!!! Hopefully no more long commutes!!

Nan

Good luck w/ the insterview, Nan!

I'm in central MI and I LOVE all the snow we get.
Of course, I don't have to shovel it (thank you DH!).
My girls have had lots of snow days off of school and I love it! They do too!

In fact we got hit pretty good tonight. Hoping for at least a 2-hr. delay tomorrow which means no AM kindergarten!! yay!

I'm joining the "Officially Sick of Shoveling" crowd. I also had the 2 1/2 hour commute last night, got home, shoveled, got up this morning at 4:30 and shoveled again.

It's this time of year that makes the $3000 bill for a holiday down south seem downright reasonable.

I hear ya, I am just south of Lansing and am tired of the long commutes (morning and evening), then shoveling and shoveling and more shoveling. Gee can you guess what I will be doing when I get home tonight - yes shoveling. We got home too late last night to do any of it so we are doing it tonight. I shovel and hubby plows the driveway.

Hoping it is the light fluffy kind instead of the heavy stuff that I did not too long ago.

I don't know why we live here as I am not a snow person and I cannot stand winter. But we are here til we retire or one of us gets a great transfer, would have to be hubby since I am at the UofM - I don't think I can transfer out of state.

Happy shoveling everyone,
Rhonda

Old Man Winter has it in for us I join ya here in Michigan thought we were going to have another snow day.

beth6395 (in Michigan)

"Double Knot your laces and let's move on"
-Cathe Friedrich

I guess this would be an inopportune time to mention Global Warming?

"You can stick your #&@%*! carbon footprint!" I want palm trees and tropical weather.

As a native Jersey-ite, I feel your pain. After 37 years of winter I moved to the Gulf Coast of Florida. Heaven! It is a balmy 75 degrees today (a little cloudy though). The pool water is almost 80 degrees and the palm trees are gently swaying in the breeze.

I love it here. I had to return to NJ (after 10 years in FL) from Aug 06 through to March of 07. Ugh! The first two weeks in August the humidity was 100% and the temp was 100+ every day. And the winter...yikes! I forgot how awful it was to sit in the car shivering waiting for the heat to kick on. (However, I will admit that October was a glorious month.)

The real estate prices here in Sarasota county are really attractive right now. No state income tax and property taxes way less than NJ.

There is plenty of room here, join the mass exodus from NJ and come on down :7

Debbie Russo
Getting ready to go grocery shopping in my shorts, t-shirt and flip flops.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.