SNM: STS Presale Questions

jordan

Cathlete
Hi SNM,

These questions came to my attention and I thought I should pass the questions along to you because I don’t really have the answers.

Some people are conflicted about purchasing the STS DVDs if STS downloads are going to be available in the near future. They don’t want to miss the presale DVD price, but they would prefer to use the download technology if it is going to be available sooner rather than later. What is your advice on this concern? Also, because STS is an organized program, would it be a better purchase as a DVD set rather than a download?

Another question
Will the 3 payment option continue throughout and after the presale?

TIA,

jordan

Hi Jordan,
It is really impossible to say when we will be ready to launch our digital service that we’ve been working on. Not only will the release date depend on our work progress, but also on other outside vendors that will supply the codec’s we must license. Software development is not an exact science and there are issues and problems that have to be solved and worked through almost every day. We also don’t want to release our downloads until the quality is as good as DVD. It takes months to edit downloads and we don’t want to have our work become obsolete the week after we release it. All I can tell you is that we have a team of developers whose only job is to develop this product. We just had our first beta release of the Workout Blender last week, but we still have many issues that have to be fixed before we can release a stable product.

Some things to keep in mind about the STS downloads when they become available are: #1 The files will total nearly 50 Gigs, so you will need a very large hard drive with a lot of free space. #2 Because the files are so large you will also need high speed broadband to download the files.

And for your last question the answer is yes we will continue the 3 payment option after March 10th, but at a higher rate.

Thank you very much for your time. I will pass this information along. I really didn't want someone to base their decision on my speculation.

I know at least one person who will be happy that she can finally order and not feel guilty about not waiting :) (at least, I think that will be her decision).

Again, thanks for all your hard work in keeping us informed.

jordan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.