SNM: aspect ratio of Shock Cardio?

Aquajock

Cathlete
Hello, Chris / SNM, and I can't really believe I know enough to ask this . . .

Will the Shock Cardio DVDs be formatted in letterbox aspect ratio for the more rectangular models of TVs being sold, or the aspect ratio that is more for the square TV screen? Just curious; we replaced our squared-screen TV with a Sony Bravia in my workout lair, and that does seem to have affected the image quality of my current workout DVDs.

Again, just curious . . .

A-Jock
aka Invoice #66

That's a good question, but not something we have an answer for quite yet. We really will not make final decisions on filming for at least another month. We're looking into filming in HD this time, but not sure if the time is quite right to do so. A year ago it didn't make sense to film in HD, but things have changed a lot in the last year and we're at least considering it this year.

Last edited:
I think it is hilarious that A-Jock signed her post

"A-Jock
aka invoice #66"

:p

Hiit, CollinsMom, if SNM would let me, I'd change my SCREEN NAME to "Invoice #66" for the duration of the Shock Cardio pre-release period.

a-Jock
aka Invoice #66

Okay, I am jealous. I'm using the smallest TV in the house and a metal box with a blanket thown over it. With luck I can get a wall mounted flat screen next year and some other goodies to upgrade. I'm happy for you though and impressed at your techie questions.

Michele:D

Hello, Chris / SNM, and I can't really believe I know enough to ask this . . .

Will the Shock Cardio DVDs be formatted in letterbox aspect ratio for the more rectangular models of TVs being sold, or the aspect ratio that is more for the square TV screen? Just curious; we replaced our squared-screen TV with a Sony Bravia in my workout lair, and that does seem to have affected the image quality of my current workout DVDs.

Again, just curious . . .

A-Jock
aka Invoice #66

I LOVE the idea of HD! We could REALLY see you sweat along with us! :)

Really, The letterbox would be wonderful.
Terri

If the DVD is in HD, we need blue-ray player right? I think that most of us don't have that (or HD TV) in our workout room...

If the DVD is in HD, we need blue-ray player right? I think that most of us don't have that (or HD TV) in our workout room...

Same here... although I have a widescreen TV... So, I'd go with just the SD 16:9 display rather than HD 16:9 (with the option of a 4:3 format for those who don't have a widescreen TV in their workout room).

Chris.

wha? huh? ?????
all this is greek to me!
i just pop my dvd in my laptop and head to the basement!:D

If it's in HD, you do not need a blue ray player. No worries...

Katie, I agree... I should start calling myself "invoice 1543" - nowhere near as cool as 66 though.

Kate, LOL - at least you have a cool laptop now! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.