Slipped on black ice last week!!!!! MAJOR PAIN!

pjlippert

Cathlete
and my right knee is still really swollen & sore. I'm talking a HARD fall! My leg literally went out from under me- somehow I caught myself with my arms (forward) , but I still slammed down onto my right knee. It's still unbelievably tender to the touch, but I can walk on it- not without pain, however.

I think I'm going to get it x-rayed tomorrow just to be safe.

I know what ligament & muscle tears feel like - this is much different & super tender to the touch.

Anybody else been through this??

Thanks!
Pam

Pam -

I don't have any helpful advice, just wanted to say I hope you aren't seriously injured and are feeling better soon!

I hope you have good news after the x-ray. Hopefully, it is only a bruise, but it sounds like it could be a bone bruise. Fingers crossed that you will only need rest.
Black ice terrifies me .. . let's just say black ice and I are not good buddies.:eek:

Take care.

Hi gals,

I wrapped my knee last night and woke up with it MUCH less swollen and a lot less painful. If it is still doing okay tomorrow, I will skip the x-ray. The bruised bone thing is interesting. I'll keep you all posted.

Thank you very much for your concern & well wishes. Ugh- we are getting yet another storm. Hopefully it won't be quite as wicked as this last one.

You guys are awesome!

Pam

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.