SKIN CLEANSERS

Chris801

Cathlete
So I've been washing my face for the last few weeks with raw honey, and I love it!
My skin glows and is soo soft!
What kinds of way do you clean your faces?
I'm trying to cut out chemicals and stuff
anymore ideas?
Thanks
Christe

I love coconut oil too. And a couple of times a week I like to mix it with a little baking soda for a good scrub.

This isn't a facial cleanser, but I like using 1 tbsp of baking soda mixed with 1 tbsp of Burt's Bee's baby shampoo to wash my hair and then I rinse with vinegar. Makes my hair very clean and shiny - and if you have dandruff it is supposed to get rid of dandruff. (also -I had been having troubles with losing a lot of hair when I washed my hair and I see a lot less hair in the drain now.)

You can also omit the shampoo and just use the baking soda and vinegar.

I like DHC Deep Cleasing Oil. It isn't greasy, and it takes off makeup well.

I never thought to use Honey...have to try that too!

I use Borage Therapy, which is mild and soothing.

How do you gals use coconut oil to wash your face? My face is oily and I can't imagine!

How do you gals use coconut oil to wash your face? My face is oily and I can't imagine!

I also use the DHC cleansing oil (olive oil based, but it is most definitely OIL) - it cleans amazingly well, and does NOT leave your face feeling oily or greasy. It cleans without stripping, which actually often helps those with oily skin (because your face is responding to the harsher cleansers by producing even more oil).

As of 2 weeks ago I also started the honey and baking soda route - my skin has not looked better!

mspina,
I've been reading on the vf forum and that got me trying the honey& baking soda and love it too! I even bought the tallow to try, but after the honey my skin feels so soft like I don't need moisturizer! but I'm excited to try it out.
I love coconut oil instead of lotion.
Christie

I use makeup remover wipes and then wash with CeraVe hydrating cleanser. I love it. I finish off with ROC serum and my skin has never looked better!

I put mine in the microwave for about 5 seconds and the just rub it in and rinse. I rinses right off and leaves my face so soft but I have dry skin so you might have different results.

I got some samples from DHC once and really liked the cleansing oil but never bought it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.