Rowing Machine Suggetions

thebrain

Cathlete
Hello,

Well, my husband has decided that he needs a rowing machine to get in shape. I was hoping my amazing strength and definition gains from completing STS (this afternoon...yay) would be inspiration for him to join me on the next round. But instead, he seems to really want a rowing machine.

Does anyone have one or could recommend one....for around 600 bucks or so?

Thanks for any help,

Aimee

My DH would like one, too. We had a cheap one many years ago when we were first married and we liked it a lot. I personally don't know anything about the rowing machines on the market today, but someone recommended a Concept II in this thread http://www.thecathenation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=262806

I Googled it and it looks really nice. There are several models in different price ranges to choose from.

I have a Concept II and I adore it. I tried out quite a variety and kept coming back to the Concept II rowing machine.

I use it for cardio, but I still need to lift weights to keep the weight off and muscles toned!!

Concept II is the only way to go. My DH bought one several years ago and it still works like a champ. It's the same rowing machine that college rowing programs use to keep the athletes in shape over the winter (well, they do other stuff, too, but they use these). He uses it almost every day and it's still like new.

Also, do you live near any water? My local parks and rec department offers a Learn to Row program every summer. It's 3 times a week for about 8 weeks. I did it and it was really fun. That might be a way for him to try it and then use the rowing machine to practice his skills/stay in shape over the winter.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I was very passionate about rowing until I found tap dancing!

anne

Amen to the Concept II. I have a very old one and it still works like a dream, and the company is simply awesome. I have heard about the water ones not being the best choice but now I can't remember why. It made perfect sense when I was told whatever it was though.:rolleyes:

Another thumbs up for the Concept II. I have had mine for about a year and have logged over 1,000,000 meters on it and still works like new.

Well, the Concept II it is, it looks like...thanks for all your suggestions.

We do actually live right on the Hudson River...all the local high schools and colleges have crew teams. I'll have to look into adult beginner Learn to Row programs....great idea!

Aimee

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.