ROMWOD

Justinef

Cathlete
Has anybody tried ROMWOD? It's a mobility series (designed for crossfitters, but used quite extensively throughout various weightlifting disciplines). It looks like the sort of thing I need, and has short enough options (12 minutes) to ensure I do the WODs, with longer sessions (up to 60 mins) for recovery days.
I'm about to sign up for a free trial, but would love to hear opinions from anyone else who has tried it.

(I haven't tried it out, Justine).....

Looks very interesting to me. Like something of a cross between Pavel's stuff & some lower body release from Wing Chun. Please post what you enjoy during your free trial. I always need more lower body and thoracic align and release work.

I've now done a week of ROMWOD. I'm ambivalent. So far there have only been about 5 different poses, all of which were familiar from yoga (or variations of them). ROMWOD is basically yin yoga. The good thing is that it's quick (20 mins), pleasurable (good music, not to hippy, sensible moves) and reasonably priced. I'm going to continue for a month. If, after a month, there are still no new poses, then I'll cancel.
There is no flow, all poses are held for 1-4 minutes or so. There is little stress on the shoulders (ie no sun salutations, which can be hard after a lifting session), and plenty of hip stretches.

See what I mean by ambivalent?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.