Requesting the first week of workout schedule for 1 month and 3 month rotation

Great explanation, but still would probably be best next time to hold on releasing everything until ALL things are ready. Because it still doesn’t address the fact that we have a product we can’t properly use, especially us beginners. It would have been great to take the weekend to read detailed explanations, see all the exercises, choose a rotation (because I still don’t know how to use it based on my goals…and yes I’ve read the website), print the workout cards, etc and start on Monday.

Great explanation, but still would probably be best next time to hold on releasing everything until ALL things are ready. Because it still doesn’t address the fact that we have a product we can’t properly use, especially us beginners. It would have been great to take the weekend to read detailed explanations, see all the exercises, choose a rotation (because I still don’t know how to use it based on my goals…and yes I’ve read the website), print the workout cards, etc and start on Monday.
Hi LaBonita

Since they started working on uploading to On-Demand yesterday, there's still a possibility we could get the User Guide this weekend. I agree will you that it would be nice to take some holiday weekend time to study the guide and make a plan.

You didn't ask for suggestions, but here's one: preview the 3 Total Body workouts, make some tentative weight sheets & put in the weights you might use and start next week with a Total Body workout. For cardio, do what you love so you feel good about your workouts. Also throw in a Recovery workout of some type on a day or two you have time. If you plan at least one day for a HiiT workout, you'll have time for an ab/core too. HTH

Hi LaBonita

Since they started working on uploading to On-Demand yesterday, there's still a possibility we could get the User Guide this weekend. I agree will you that it would be nice to take some holiday weekend time to study the guide and make a plan.

You didn't ask for suggestions, but here's one: preview the 3 Total Body workouts, make some tentative weight sheets & put in the weights you might use and start next week with a Total Body workout. For cardio, do what you love so you feel good about your workouts. Also throw in a Recovery workout of some type on a day or two you have time. If you plan at least one day for a HiiT workout, you'll have time for an ab/core too. HTH
Thank you for the suggestion! That helps!

Hi Debinmi,

We've certainly read all of the comments concerning the STS 2.0 User's Guide, so let us take this time to better explain to you and everyone why we won’t be releasing the STS 2.0 User's Guide until after the workouts are loaded onto Cathe OnDemand and why a Cathe DVD is different from other workouts we're being compared to.

Let us start by saying that there is no single best way to use the STS 2.0 workouts. The User's Guide will contain several rotations, but these are just options. Based on your goals, limitations, and lifestyle there are many ways you can use these workouts just like you do with our other workouts. Since Cathe explains each workout on the DVD all you need to do to get started for now is just press play on whichever workout you’d like to try. Then after you get familiar with some of the workouts you can follow one of the seven rotations in the User's Guide which will be released shortly.

Also, we want to point out that we have always released our previous User's Guides after the workouts have been released on Cathe OnDemand, and STS 2.0 is no different. We've explained that the STS 2.0 User's Guide wouldn't be available until after the streaming workouts were released in our Newsletter, forums, and Facebook on numerous occasions.

When comparing Cathe's STS 2.0 program to other outside programs there are a few major differences that increase the time that each step in the process takes. STS 2.0 contains 25 workouts which is an unusually large amount of workouts for any program. Besides the quantity of main routines, STS 2.0 also has 89 premixes, multiple bonus exercises, and also has to work with the Workout Blender on Cathe OnDemand.

While it may seem like any and all DVDs across the board are alike, these details mean that the timing of all steps in the process is going to take longer than many other programs. Premixes eat up a lot of time in the editing process because not only do they have to be created by the editor, but all 89 have to be checked every time the DVD is proofed by us (normally about 10 times). Just to give you an idea, if we didn't include Premixes the DVDs probably would have been duplicated and ready to ship back in February. That's how much time they add to a project like this.

We also provide the Workout Blender for our online streaming customers which gives our streaming customers almost unlimited premix opportunities. This requires months of work and over 100,000 data entries on our part. Though many of you have said that other companies release their DVDs and rotations at the same time, we believe that waiting a few extra days to receive a thorough STS 2.0 User's Guide (complete with seven rotations, workout cards, chapter listings, equipment lists, etc. for all 25 workouts, and more) will be worth the wait.

We’d like to explain in a bit more detail why it's really not possible to release the STS 2.0 User's Guide until after we release the streaming workouts. It’s not solely the streaming videos that are the hold-up, it's also the databases we use to make everything happen with the streaming videos that have to be completed. These databases are where we pull about 70% of the information for the STS 2.0 User's Guide (DVD chapters, Premixes, Rotations, Links, and other data). We have been working on these databases 7 days a week for several months now and today we will make our first attempt to launch STS 2.0 on Cathe OnDemand. When we are successful with the Cathe OnDemand launch we will then pull the same team to upload the STS 2.0 User's Guide. Because of the holiday and other unknown factors, this may take a few days, but let's hope for the best!
Thank you for the very thorough explanation. I can't even begin to understand the complexity of the entire process and appreciate the dedication of Cathe and crew to ensure a quality product always. I have done 2 workouts so far and have to say - AMAZING! Thank you!

I am happy to have the DVDs so I can get started with previews, exploring and reviewing.

Thank you Cathe and crew for all your hard work, you all put your heart and soul into everything you do. I’ve done dvds by other instructors and there will usually be one dvd that I’m not crazy about but with Cathe there’s just no such thing as a dud workout. I have a very large collection of her dvds and have enjoyed my tank top rotation because I can mix workouts old and new and at 2 months in I think I’ve only repeated one or two dvds. The variety is almost endless when you factor in premixed and bonuses. I also know that Cathe wrapped up filming and had shoulder surgery not too long after.
One thing I would love to see is a nutrition guide. I know Cathe is a super busy business woman and mom and I’d love to know what’s served in her kitchen. I have several Beachbody workout sets and the nutrition guides that are included aren’t really geared toward busy people and the recipes are complex and require a lot of special ingredients that would only be used for that meal. I just need some fresh ideas for dinners especially.

I'm going to do a bit of reviewing of my DVDs before I start anything, because I like to familiarize myself with the premixes, new moves, an idea of what weights I'm likely to need for what, etc. For those of you that want to start right away and are concerned about not having a rotation though, I've copied and pasted Cathe's answer from the question and answer part of the forum that 2121 mentioned. Hope you find it helpful. :)

"There are three phases. And each of these phases focuses on what you would think of as a blend between Mesocycle 2 & 3 from the original STS. Each of these phases is independent of one another and they work each muscle group 2 to 3 times per week. You’ll do the strength workouts three days a week in one phase, four days a week in another phase and three to six days a week (depending on the option you choose) in the remaining phase. The phases do not have to be done in any kind of order. Each phase also does not have to be done for four weeks only before moving to the next. You can spend between four and 12 weeks on a particular phase before moving on. That being said initially it might be nice to do each phase for four weeks and then trying another one and finally the last one. Once you’ve experienced all three you can stay within each one longer if you prefer. Likewise, you can mix and match and do one or two weeks of one and switch out and do one or two weeks of another. This workout program has a lot of flexibility and intensity. No matter what phase you are in as long as you lift what challenges you for around eight reps each phase will develop strength/hypertrophy. Eat well, stay hydrated and sleep hard and watch the results kick in.

The three phases are: Total Body Workouts,
Solid Upper Body/ Solid Lower Body Split, and One Body Part At A Time (which will include pre-mixes that mix two body parts together offering yet a fourth method of training). These various phases were chosen for their intensity building properties. Within each of the phases you’ll experience enhanced training techniques such as drop sets, paused reps, finisher sets etc."

There is an 8 week STS 2.0 rotation listed in the workout manager. It is on the download page, but it doesn't show up in the calendar when downloaded. Might need a few days to work out the kinks.
Looks like a good rotation. The rotation goes on the calendar but icons don't show up. Click on the date and the workout is there.

I don't have any STS 2.0 icons showing up.in the workout manager yet but I can put in the workouts I'm doing.

There is an 8 week STS 2.0 rotation listed in the workout manager. It is on the download page, but it doesn't show up in the calendar when downloaded. Might need a few days to work out the kinks.
Thank you for pointing this out! I'll be checking it out more throughly this weekend! Maybe more will go up too!

I'm not trying to be rude but technically, you are not paying for the users guide, it is offered free from Cathe. Other than XTRAIN and the original STS, you had to wait for the users guide well after she shipped her dvds. Her presales have always been a long wait so this should be no surprise to anyone who has been with Cathe. Most remember when there were no users guide with a series. XTRAIN and STS were sent with the dvds because those were paid users guides, you cannot get those for free. I do think we should have some patience here with Cathe and her staff as they are working hard to make all of her customers happy and since this is a free guide, I don't think that is too much to ask of them.

Hi Firemedic,
A product is only truly free if you can use it without purchasing something else. A user guide without paying for the workouts is useless.
Think of it as a manual that comes with the purchase of any product that requires direction to use it. You didn't pay a separate price for it, but you need it to use the product safely and effectively.
I wasn't asking for the entire user guide, just a list of workouts for the first week so I can get started while they take their time to publish the user guide. Not an unreasonable request. Have a great weekend.

Last edited:
Hi Debinmi,

We've certainly read all of the comments concerning the STS 2.0 User's Guide, so let us take this time to better explain to you and everyone why we won’t be releasing the STS 2.0 User's Guide until after the workouts are loaded onto Cathe OnDemand and why a Cathe DVD is different from other workouts we're being compared to.

Let us start by saying that there is no single best way to use the STS 2.0 workouts. The User's Guide will contain several rotations, but these are just options. Based on your goals, limitations, and lifestyle there are many ways you can use these workouts just like you do with our other workouts. Since Cathe explains each workout on the DVD all you need to do to get started for now is just press play on whichever workout you’d like to try. Then after you get familiar with some of the workouts you can follow one of the seven rotations in the User's Guide which will be released shortly.

Also, we want to point out that we have always released our previous User's Guides after the workouts have been released on Cathe OnDemand, and STS 2.0 is no different. We've explained that the STS 2.0 User's Guide wouldn't be available until after the streaming workouts were released in our Newsletter, forums, and Facebook on numerous occasions.

When comparing Cathe's STS 2.0 program to other outside programs there are a few major differences that increase the time that each step in the process takes. STS 2.0 contains 25 workouts which is an unusually large amount of workouts for any program. Besides the quantity of main routines, STS 2.0 also has 89 premixes, multiple bonus exercises, and also has to work with the Workout Blender on Cathe OnDemand.

While it may seem like any and all DVDs across the board are alike, these details mean that the timing of all steps in the process is going to take longer than many other programs. Premixes eat up a lot of time in the editing process because not only do they have to be created by the editor, but all 89 have to be checked every time the DVD is proofed by us (normally about 10 times). Just to give you an idea, if we didn't include Premixes the DVDs probably would have been duplicated and ready to ship back in February. That's how much time they add to a project like this.

We also provide the Workout Blender for our online streaming customers which gives our streaming customers almost unlimited premix opportunities. This requires months of work and over 100,000 data entries on our part. Though many of you have said that other companies release their DVDs and rotations at the same time, we believe that waiting a few extra days to receive a thorough STS 2.0 User's Guide (complete with seven rotations, workout cards, chapter listings, equipment lists, etc. for all 25 workouts, and more) will be worth the wait.

We’d like to explain in a bit more detail why it's really not possible to release the STS 2.0 User's Guide until after we release the streaming workouts. It’s not solely the streaming videos that are the hold-up, it's also the databases we use to make everything happen with the streaming videos that have to be completed. These databases are where we pull about 70% of the information for the STS 2.0 User's Guide (DVD chapters, Premixes, Rotations, Links, and other data). We have been working on these databases 7 days a week for several months now and today we will make our first attempt to launch STS 2.0 on Cathe OnDemand. When we are successful with the Cathe OnDemand launch we will then pull the same team to upload the STS 2.0 User's Guide. Because of the holiday and other unknown factors, this may take a few days, but let's hope for the best!
Thank you for your detailed response. I understood all of this from the very beginning. Many of us have only asked for just a list of first week of workouts for just STS 2.0, 1 and 3 month rotation to hold us over until the user guide is formally published. It is not an unreasonable request for your dedicated customers. I have been pressing play for workout I want to try, but that is not how the program was designed or advertised. Getting started on a formal program will certainly reduce the risk for injury for me as the programs are carefully designed to be both safe and effective.
I prepaid back in November when the release date was end of first quarter 2023. So I am excited to get started on a formal program.

Addendum: I just saw that the first 2 weeks of an 8 week rotation is posted on Workout Blender Rotations. Although it's not yet functional, this is all I needed to get started. Thanks a bunch.

Last edited:
Rosanna, your post is perfectly stated. I think we all appreciate that this is a massive project that takes a lot of time and dedication and thank everyone involved in the production. However, for those of us who have been with Cathe since her first productions (yes, I’m a really, really, really long term customer), we know that STS is a SYSTEM, not a SERIES with workouts to be picked at random. The user guide for STS the original (which was an even more extensive project with more DVDs) was with the DVDs when I received them and should have been available when I received STS 2.0. That’s my opinion and I stand by it.

I’m disappointed by the lack of a guide, but I’m happy with the workouts so far! TB Giant Sets is tough but I really liked it—great challenge!! :)

Rosanna, your post is perfectly stated. I think we all appreciate that this is a massive project that takes a lot of time and dedication and thank everyone involved in the production. However, for those of us who have been with Cathe since her first productions (yes, I’m a really, really, really long term customer), we know that STS is a SYSTEM, not a SERIES with workouts to be picked at random. The user guide for STS the original (which was an even more extensive project with more DVDs) was with the DVDs when I received them and should have been available when I received STS 2.0. That’s my opinion and I stand by it.

I’m disappointed by the lack of a guide, but I’m happy with the workouts so far! TB Giant Sets is tough but I really liked it—great challenge!! :)
Hi Cataddict,
I have been with Cathe when she started selling VHS workout tapes on Collage Video magazines that were mailed to my home in the late 80s. I attribute my physical fitness to Cathe; I don't know if she is aware of the positive impact she has had on my physical fitness journey. I did TB Giant sets this morning. By the 3rd round, I had to drop my weight to finish it. I absolutely loved it and I'm looking forward to the rest of the workouts. Good Luck to you!

Hi Cataddict,
I have been with Cathe when she started selling VHS workout tapes on Collage Video magazines that were mailed to my home in the late 80s. I attribute my physical fitness to Cathe; I don't know if she is aware of the positive impact she has had on my physical fitness journey. I did TB Giant sets this morning. By the 3rd round, I had to drop my weight to finish it. I absolutely loved it and I'm looking forward to the rest of the workouts. Good Luck to you!
Hi Rosanna! Yes, me too with VHS and the Collage catalog! I actually found a couple of those catalogs a few weeks ago—-so fun to look through them now! Cathe has been instrumental in improving and maintaining my fitness over the years for sure. Good luck to you as well!

I don’t understand what is the big deal about the user guide? If you want you can use the other guides like let’s sayStrong and Sweaty and substitute the workouts with 2.0 just for a couple of days.
Cathe and crew work so hard on getting things out on time. I think if we all had to wait for everything to be released at the same time people would still be unhappy with that.
let’s all just be grateful that Cathe continues to but out amazing workouts for all of us.
User guide is free anyways, it’s kinda a gift.

enjoy playing working out with them for a week

LOL Terina—-the cost of preparing the guide is built into the cost of the product, just like every business has done since the beginning of time. This applies whether you are charged for an item separately or not. The ‘big deal’ (your words not mine—-for me it’s a deal, but not a ‘big deal’) about this particular guide is that the workout sheets make it easier to record the weight used for each exercise, just like for the original STS. Asking for it doesn’t make customers ‘ungrateful’ SMH.

Last edited:
I don’t understand what is the big deal about the user guide? If you want you can use the other guides like let’s sayStrong and Sweaty and substitute the workouts with 2.0 just for a couple of days.
Cathe and crew work so hard on getting things out on time. I think if we all had to wait for everything to be released at the same time people would still be unhappy with that.
let’s all just be grateful that Cathe continues to but out amazing workouts for all of us.
User guide is free anyways, it’s kinda a gift.

enjoy playing working out with them for a week
Hi Terina,
The user guide comes with Cathe's expertise in building a safe and effective workout schedule with achieving certain goals. The cost of the series includes the user guide. For something to be free, it doesn't require the purchase of something else in order to use it. I have all the user guides from other series; they are not interchangeable. I was excited to see the first week was finally published on Workout Manager so hopefully I will have access to the user guide to know what to do next. Have fun with STS 2.0 . . . looks challenging. Best to you!
Rosanna

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.

Back