Recommend a pilates video?

Mocha

Cathlete
This weekend, I was a complete klutz and accidentally spilled an entire mug of scalding-hot tea on my foot. I tore my shoe and sock off immediately... and a big patch of skin from the top of my foot came with it.

So now I have a pretty bad burn on my foot and am barely able to hobble around, let alone working out in any way that requires shoes or much weight on my feet. Until my skin grows back, swimming is out as well.

I am not usually big on pilates, but it looks like my foot may be pretty tender for possibly up to a month, and I really want to do SOMETHING. I thought mat pilates might be doable for me. Any suggestions for a good total-body pilates mat video? Thanks!

That sounds awful! (and painful!)

I like Ana Caban's Pilates - Beginning Mat Workout (it's in the Living Arts series). I like her; she's non-intimidating and give good instructions, but I really don't do Pilates that often.

I also have a couple of Winsor Pilates dvds that I got at Big Lots (I really bought them for the band that came with them...so cheap!), and I was not impressed. But, that's just me.

Hope your foot heals soon!

I have the Winsor Pilates workout too. It's okay but Mari keeps snapping her fingers with the count and that just annoys me. It's like a teacher snapping her fingers at ya to get your attention. (Guess I'm just easily annoyed).:)

A second for Ana Caban--my favorite of hers is Pilates for Abs.

A must-have, especially if you're looking to work the entire body, is MTV Pilates Mix. It's about an hour long (broken into two 30 minute sections--upper & lower body) & it has some great variations on traditional pilates exercises. It's a lot of fun & the instructor, Kristin McGee, is excellent. Not to mention it's an awesome total body workout.

I just bought Advanced Matwork from Stott Pilates. Check out their website at www.stottpilates.com If you have been incorporating core work into you workout routines, I would get the Advanced Matwork instead of the Intermediate. If you can't hold all the moves, just do what you can. Good Luck and keep that burn clean and dry.
Lina:)

Thank you so much for your recommendations! They are helpful and really give me a place to start looking.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.