Raspberry ketones?

loneswaneast

Cathlete
After many years of working out and watching my food intake, and age, my metabolism just ain't what it used to be. Has anyone tried, and what is the general feeling about the safety and efficacy of raspberry ketones?

Tried those & green coffee beans (both recommended by Dr. Oz). :eek: Neither did a thing... Nada, zip... save your money!

Raspberry ketones just made me feel like I was going to have a heart attack, made me go to the bathroom, and I didn't lose any. So, nope to that. However, are you eating coconut oil? Its really helpful for the thyroid.

Same here, I tried the raspberry keytones, nothing. My sister also did and again nothing. I also tried relora, nothing.

I do believe green tea 3 times a day helps with me for some reason.

Sarah

I cook with coconut oil and I use 1/4 c of coconut milk in my morning smoothie.

I have just started using the green coffee bean extract.

Here's a little bit of background info:

I gave up additional sugar 6 months ago (I eat fruit for my main source of sugar now) do a 60 minute HIIT class 3 days a week, and strength train 2 days a week, and do cardio and yoga on the remaining days. I gave up sugar in April, lost 5 lbs in July and then have stayed a constant weight +/- 2 lbs for 2 months (Aug. and Sept)(between 158 - 160 lbs, I'm 47 years old and 5'4).

I just started the green coffee bean extract last week and I am down 2 lbs. (156 lb). I was VERY skeptical, but I thought I'd give it a try. It's only been 1 week so I don't know if it is working, but it is interesting that it is this week that I've finally seen a drop in the scale. (I wear a bodybugg so I monitor my daily calorie burn and I log my food, I keep my calorie intake between 1500 - 2,000 calories/day). I have seen a change in how my clothes fit me, just no change in the scale until this past week.

I haven't had any side affects with the green coffee bean extract - no jitteryness. I take a 400 mg pill 30 min before my morning, afternoon, and evening meal - as Dr. Oz prescribed. It has svetol listed in the ingredients and 50% chlorogenic acid.

Dr. Oz recommends the following for Green Coffee Bean Extract:

Svetol or GCA listed in ingredients

45% or greater chlorogenic acid

No fillers, binders, etc.

I have no idea if it is the GCBE that is what made the difference this week or if my body finally decided to let go of some weight after 6 months. Just thought I would put this out there for anyone who is interested.

I use coconut oil instead of butter on my oatmeal, I use it in baking where oil is called for, I stir fry with it. I like Spectrum Organic. Its not super cheap, but then neither is buying bigger clothes;)

Alisha

macbeanur said:
I cook with coconut oil and I use 1/4 c of coconut milk in my morning smoothie.

I have just started using the green coffee bean extract.

Here's a little bit of background info:

I gave up additional sugar 6 months ago (I eat fruit for my main source of sugar now) do a 60 minute HIIT class 3 days a week, and strength train 2 days a week, and do cardio and yoga on the remaining days. I gave up sugar in April, lost 5 lbs in July and then have stayed a constant weight +/- 2 lbs for 2 months (Aug. and Sept)(between 158 - 160 lbs, I'm 47 years old and 5'4).

I just started the green coffee bean extract last week and I am down 2 lbs. (156 lb). I was VERY skeptical, but I thought I'd give it a try. It's only been 1 week so I don't know if it is working, but it is interesting that it is this week that I've finally seen a drop in the scale. (I wear a bodybugg so I monitor my daily calorie burn and I log my food, I keep my calorie intake between 1500 - 2,000 calories/day). I have seen a change in how my clothes fit me, just no change in the scale until this past week.

I haven't had any side affects with the green coffee bean extract - no jitteryness. I take a 400 mg pill 30 min before my morning, afternoon, and evening meal - as Dr. Oz prescribed. It has svetol listed in the ingredients and 50% chlorogenic acid.

Dr. Oz recommends the following for Green Coffee Bean Extract:

Svetol or GCA listed in ingredients

45% or greater chlorogenic acid

No fillers, binders, etc.

I have no idea if it is the GCBE that is what made the difference this week or if my body finally decided to let go of some weight after 6 months. Just thought I would put this out there for anyone who is interested.

Congratulations! So where ccan I get it? I have 25 pounds too lose. !!! I exercise like Crazy I think. I love it.

RapidBreath said:
I use coconut oil instead of butter on my oatmeal, I use it in baking where oil is called for, I stir fry with it. I like Spectrum Organic. Its not super cheap, but then neither is buying bigger clothes;)

Alisha

Lmbo I'm gonna say That to DH about my dvds.. thanks for the giggle!

Renee I got it (green coffee bean extract) at my health food store.

(And I weighed in at 152 this morning - down 6 lbs since starting GCBE, works out to be ~ 2lbs/week. And as I stated above, I was stuck between 158 - 160 for 3 months. And yes, my diet is clean, vegetarian, and between 1300- 2000 calories/day (2,000 is the very highest) and I am doing HIIT classes for 60 min 3x a week, and steady state cardio and/or lifting on the other days, averaging between 5-6 days of exercise/week. In the past when I ate and worked out like this I lost weight, for some reason I just wasn't losing any weight this time.)

Last edited:

Alisha

I just saw yesterday that Costco is carrying a big jar of cold pressed coconut oil for $16. It's not Spectrum brand, and I can't remember the brand name, but it's a great deal for the size. I would say it's at least 3 times the size of the Spectrum jar which goes for about $8-$10 in my store.

I've tried 2 GCBE brands. The 1st one I got when I didn't have all the details that Dr. Oz wrote said to look for. It is made by Vita Plus. I went back when I had the details written down and got a brand that met all the criteria - by Paradise. I had started the Vita Plus brand so I decided just to finish it - and I lost weight with this brand. Once I finished the Vita Plus, I moved on to my Paradise brand and stopped seeing any effect. I used it for 2+ weeks and didn't see any weight loss. I switched back to the Vita Plus brand and am once again seeing the weight come off.

The Vita plus brand doesn't say svetol or the other term he says to look for, but it does have the 50% chlorogenic acid. The Paradise brand does say Svetol and meets all of the criteria.

So, whatever that is worth - there are my results. And I am taking it 3x a day 30 min before a meal.

sarah

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.