R.I.P Johnny Ringo

hiitdogs

Cathlete
I just got confirmation from the breeder that Ringo passed on last week due to a reaction to an Ivermectin shot. I am just soooo devastated!!!!! He spent some time with us in January and he is my little girl's puppy, he was such a wonderful boy and I just cannot stop crying. Rest in peace, beautiful boy, as short as your life was you made an impact on everyone you met and I will NEVER forget you, you will live on in my heart forever!

http://www.boldheartminiaussies.com/sitebuilder/images/pepperkingringo11mnthstable1-375x337.jpg

BOLDHEART'S JOHNNY RINGO 8/10/06 - 05/07/08

You were my beautiful girls's son and you will be missed dearly. The world will not be the same without you!!!! I will meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Oh, I'm so sorry. I feel your pain. It takes time.

Janie

4760884_bodyshot_175x233.gif
[/url]

The idea is to die young as late as possible.

Carola, I am so sorry for your loss. He is such a cutie. Sending many (((((( hugs )))))) to you and your family.

Oh Carola - {{{HUGS}}} There's nothing I can say to take away the pain, I know. But I wanted you to know that I'm crying with you.

Oh I'm so sorry for your loss. A friend of mine had an older dog that passed away after getting a med for arthritis and she was just as devastated. It's always harder to deal with though when they pass so young. One of my kitties passed away from unknown causes the night before Thanksgiving last year and she was barely over a year old. I have no idea why she passed - she was just in the flower bed laying there. I remember being grateful that it was unseasonably warm the night before so that while she layed in the flower bed she wasn't uncomfortable. It's heart breaking - I completely understand.

Your pup had the absolute cutest name!!!

Carola, I am so sorry. He was so beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing with us. Hopefully getting the information out to the public will help prevent another family from having to go through this.

Jean

{{{Carola + family}}}

I'm so sorry to hear about this. He looks like a wonderful puppy. (I'm confused, though: he was your daughter's dog, but he 'spent some time with you', he didn't live with you? And was he at the breeder's ...well, breeding?)

Kathryn - not Carola, but I know the story. Johnny Ringo is a puppy from Carola's Aussie Pepper's first litter. So, he feels like a grandpuppy to Carola (I consider my dogs to be my furkids). I think she heard about it through the grapevine and confirmed with the breeder as this is something any reputable breeder would want to know about. You don't want to breed a dog that has this gene. Johnny was at his owner's when it happened. Poor guy.

(((Carola))), my fellow herding dog lover. So sorry to hear about this, he was a handsome fellow for sure. I had a a 2 yr. old dog die a few yrs. ago, even tho' we have 3 other dogs, his name comes up in coversation several times a week.
Thanks for passing along this information too. I've used heartworm preventatives on my herders without problems thus far, but now that I know better, I'm re-thinking.
You're in my thoughts. I know it's not easy.
Valerie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.