Quotes

CLD

Cathlete
Do you have any quotes that you repeat to yourself in times of need? For example, when I want to be an emotional eater :)confused:), my mantra is "eat to live, not live to eat." :rolleyes: I thought it would be fun to see if anyone else did something like this.

before i was into fitness and when i was in labor w/ my 1st dd i thought
"pain is weakness leaving the body"

now i apply that to lifting!
and when coach sean says "work now!"

:D:D:D:D

When I am tempted to overindulge, I think to myself: "Nothing tastes as good as being healthy feels". I didn't come up with this, but I certainly quote it to myself many times:D!

My favorite quote of all time: "The thief came and took everything except the moon at my window." Meaning, you always have something to be thankful for no matter what!

I love the Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body. I have that on my fridge.

I also have a fitness ad that has "Stress collapsed under the weight of her strong body" posted on my fridge.

And the front of the box from Amazing Grace cologne. Something along the lines of "Grace is not how you handle the peaks, but how you handle the valleys." (totally paraphrased)

I am determined to lose the 10#(could be more, I refuse to get on the scale) that I have allowed myself to put on over the past year. So this morning when I was starving waiting for it to be time for my next meal (snacking is the problem) I kept repeating to myself ..."My clothes fit, my clothes fit....."

Which is the problem right now, nothing fits.

When I am out on a run and feel like I can't run anymore or I can't make it up the hill I keep repeating "I can do all thing through Jesus Christ who strengthens me"

This is such a great thread!

I tend to reach for food when the goin' gets tough so what I say to myself is... "Just-feel-it".
What ever it is that I am trying to numb with food never feels any better after I've eaten something really bad. I always feel worse. What a vicious cycle. So that statement helped me learn a lot about myself and with a ton of sweating thanks to Cathe I was able to shed over 30lbs!
ahhhhh, now THAT feels good.

well, when I am doing a Cathe workout I have noticed a small theme of:

"you have got to be kidding me!" and then I do it anyway!

and when I'm tempted to eat something unhealthy:

"just say NO" and then mean it!

My two recent favorites:

Being overweight is hard. Losing weight is hard. Pick your hard.

and

Defeat is a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.

MC

I remember feeling very powerful after I gave birth to DD, so I often say " if you gave birth, than you can do this" or " this is easier than giving birth, you can do it".

I like "I'm gonna kick butt not grow butt"!

I found it when I started working out over 4 years ago. Keeps me going!

Terri

well it may seem a little bit odd

The two that work for me:

1. Its only 7 minutes. What I mean by that is that it usually takes people just 7 minutes to eat. So, its only 7 minutes worth of pleasure to undo lots of hard work.

2. I'm Melting!!!!:D

You guys are so awesome!!!

:D Everyone rose to the occassion on this one (I think I spelled occassion wrong - maybe only one s? Who knows! I'm terrible at spelling!!)!! I really wanted to start this thread because in order to get myself motivated, I'm going to put quotes up all over the house - namely the fridge, cupboards, mirrors, and on the door to the workout equipment - to keep myself going. I've gained about 20 of the 35 pounds I lost back (I was REALLY stressed out this past year & I'm an emotional eater). Sometimes I get in that funk & I think having these constant reminders will help me get out of that. So thanks everyone!! :)

I am determined to lose the 10#(could be more, I refuse to get on the scale) that I have allowed myself to put on over the past year. So this morning when I was starving waiting for it to be time for my next meal (snacking is the problem) I kept repeating to myself ..."My clothes fit, my clothes fit....."

Which is the problem right now, nothing fits.

Well I didn't really have a quote but I stole yours. I modified it to "My jeans fit". Ever since I got back from a 21 day cruise in Sep. my favorite jeans have been too tight to wear. I've been trying to shed the excess pounds with no success. I've been repeating this to myself for the past few days and it works! If I'm about to reach for DH's chips or any other no no food I can now stop myself. Thanks!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.