Question about Cathe On Demand

sweatie

Cathlete
I was not previously interested in Cathe On Demand because of my slow Internet speed, but your new Workout Blender that everyone is raving about has me wanting it. On your test page, I was able to play the 640p video, but the 720p video did not play smoothly. You state that "If you cannot play our 720p OnDemand videos then you may want to try our lower DVD quality videos, but be aware that you will only be able to safely view our older videos, not our newer videos." Is this still true? I would not be able to view the Low Impact Series and later workouts?

Thanks,
Linda

On our Player we now have an HD button that you can select to play lower quality videos that should really help you. This option is designed to help customers with lower band widths and also improves video quality. You will have to select this option each time you play a video as the default is set to medium quality. I would suggest first doing a speed test and reporting back here with the results so we can help you further. This will give us a better idea of your systems capabilities. You can do a speed test at http://www.speedtest.net/

On our Player we now have an HD button that you can select to play lower quality videos that should really help you. This option is designed to help customers with lower band widths and also improves video quality. You will have to select this option each time you play a video as the default is set to medium quality. I would suggest first doing a speed test and reporting back here with the results so we can help you further. This will give us a better idea of your systems capabilities. You can do a speed test at http://www.speedtest.net/

Wow! I didn't expect an answer so soon. My download speed is 3 Mbps. I know that's really slow, but I live in the country. I've checked, and my ISP doesn't offer anything faster in this area.

Thanks for your help.
Linda

My download speed is under 3 Mbps ( I know, it's awful !) BUT 99% of the time I have no problems at all playing the videos
at the Low Quality option and they do fine....:) Also, when I play Cathe Live on the Low Quality, it does great as well. I even was
able to watch a Cathe Live real-time once (meaning, the live class as it was happening) and it did ok as well....I've done 2 of my new
workouts that I created with the new Blender and they did good too. Hope that helps.....:)

Wow! I didn't expect an answer so soon. My download speed is 3 Mbps. I know that's really slow, but I live in the country. I've checked, and my ISP doesn't offer anything faster in this area.

Thanks for your help.
Linda

That's really slow. Our Low Quality videos in theory can play on your system, but it's going to depend on how stable your speed is. At 3 mbps there is very little room for error and any fluctuations will cause stalls.

I guess I have to decide if I want to give it a try. If it doesn't work out, I can always cancel. On the other hand, maybe it's best that I DON'T subscribe. I can picture myself sitting at my computer all day long creating workouts and never doing them!

Thank you Aqua Girl and forum_admin for your responses.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.