Puzzle mats

aprilrain

Cathlete
I have heard of people using the puzzle-type shock absorbing mats to workout on. I'm just wondering if anyone has an opinion on weather they help for the high impact workouts. Also just wondering how popular they are.

Thanks.

I use puzzle mats that I purchased from greatmats.com. They're a bit thicker than the ones you might find at Target, Walmart, Sam's Club, etc. I have them over concrete and have found them to work well for me, even with impact cardio, and even with my 42-year-old knees. The mats were also more economical for me, as I could not afford to put in a subfloor and the laminate-type spring flooring on top. Maybe someday!

Good luck with your flooring!

Deborah

They absolutely help with high impact! Also, they are not too slippery, but they are WAY better when you need to pivot than on carpet. I think I have used them for so long, I would be worried jumping around on just carpet in all these HIIT and TF type workouts.

I believe mine are the half inch thick, if you are going to buy them, might as well get the 1/2 inch instead of the 1/4 especially if you do high impact workouts.

Found these on kmart, great price:
http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_...003a&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=080V003393167000P

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.