Punching bag / kickboxing

runathon

Cathlete
This is a question for all kickboxing / karate / fitness enthusiasts out there: Can you recommend a punching bag for home use that is sturdy, yet affordable? Our 6 year olds are taking Taekwondo and both my husband and I are also practicing it on the side}( ....and we would like to practice the kicks and punches at home.

Any suggestions?

Blessings from our home to yours...Runathon

Jackie, that is EXACTLY what I am looking for!

How "intense" is it? I have 3 kids that will be using it for years to come, plus my husband and I. How long have you had it? Do you remember how much $$$ it was to ship?

Thank you posting and for any other replies you give to my questions!:p

BTW, if anyone else has any suggestions, please voice them! Thanks.

Hi there! When I said intense, I guess I was referring to the fact it wasn't your run of the mill bags you find at Sports Authority, or chain sports stores. It's VERY stable, durable, and doesn't take up a whole lot of room. My 8 year old has been caught, occasionally, wrapped around the top of itx( , and it holds him very well. I've had it almost for 1 year. I also purchased gloves from ringside. Good quality leather gloves except they're not dog resistancex( grrr again. Shipping was reasonable if I remember correctly. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Jackie

Jackie, how much would you say 200 lbs of sand cost? :D

Also, is it easy to move it around the room? Like if I have it in the corner when not in use, can I easily move it to the center of the room or should I just leave it in one place?

Also...boy, I am full of questions!....how long dit it take to receive it?

...and, is it good for kicking...considering that it moves after being hit?

I also requested a catalog from them.

Thanks!

No problem runathon! We bought 3-4 bags of sand and ended up using about 3 for about 150lbs. We bought them at Home Depot for about 3.99 a bag. We also considered pebbles, just because sand is so messy. We have it in a corner when not in use, and sometimes when I go down to the basement, the boys have moved it themselves to "punch" (or play) with it. I've moved it as well, and it's more cumbersome than heavy. You have to push on the base, and I wouldn't want to have to move it more than 10ft. It came within a week, I believe and I'm in MD. And I bought it primarily for kicking and it's FABULOUS for that. The gym I go to use these and a class I took had 2 people alternating kicks on them and they held up well for that. HTH:)

Jackie

Thank you Jackie!!!!!! I'll present the "facts and evidence" to my hubby and see what he says!

I really appreciate all of your info! :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.