PS question

Willow

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jun-21-02 AT 01:41AM (Est)[/font][p]I *thought* I'd seen a post (by Cathe?) a while back saying that CST and BBA should not be used on consecutive days because both incorporate overlapping muscle groups (i.e. lats & delts). Am I imagining this? I am thinking about doing a rotation that will only work with these two on consecutive days. Any comments?

TIA!! :D Willow

P.S. The rotation is . . .

Monday: Rest
Tuesday: BBA
Wednesday: CST
Thursday: Pilates
Friday: Total body (fast & light, probably Firm)
Saturday: Cardio
Sunday: SLA

I know I could split the upper body work with the rest day, but I need it more after SLA ;-) and Monday is a long day for me so is the best day to take off.

First let me say that I don't actually have PS but have checked out the desriptions, watched the videos. Cathe may have said that these videos both work into the lats and delts. And indeed , they probably do. Your shoulders come into play when doing both chest and back exercises to some extent, and I believe the lats get worked a bit when doing certain shoulder exercises. Still, I think lots of people work these muscle groups on consecutive days. Perhaps it might be better to separate them, but I think it is ok to not to. I think your rotation looks sensible. Jeanne

Hi Willow!

Yes, you ARE IMAGINING it!!! Just kidding!;-) I might be wrong, but I also agree with Jeanne that they can be done on consecutive days. I have done a PS Rotation many times using all 3 tapes on consecutive days and did fine. That's not to say that I couldn't feel the muscles worked the day before. As a matter of fact, I would make it a point to always rotate the 2 upper-body tapes. (one week I would do BB&A's first and the next week I would do CS&T's first) Maybe Cathe will jump in here but I don't think I have ever seen her post NOT to do them on consecutive days. Have fun. I love the PS Series!!!

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

I remember Cathe saying not to split up PS C/S/T or PS B/B/A and do those on consecutive days, (i.e: PS Chest on Mon, PS Shoulders on Tue, etc) but to do a PS tape as a whole one day and then the other PS tape as a whole the next, that is fine. I did this rotation for 8 weeks and loved it!
Sat. PS C/S/T CTX cardio
Sun. PS B/B/A CTX cardio
Mon. PS SL/A
Tue. Cardio Kicks
Wed. MIS
Thu. Step Jam
Fri. Rest
Have fun!!!

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jun-22-02 AT 02:47AM (Est)[/font][p]LOL - me and my silly imagination! Thanks so much everyone, your input is much appreciated.

:D Willow

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.