Protein Powder

Hello everyone - I am new to the forum, but I have visited these forums many times :) I thought I would use your expertise.... I have some recipes that include protein powder. What are some good brands or flavors? There are so many out there, and I am not sure what I should use. Any advice you can give me would be appreciated!!!

I use the Whole Foods 365 brand vanilla whey protein. I just mix it with skim milk for recovery shakes after heavy lifting workouts.

Hello everyone - I am new to the forum, but I have visited these forums many times :) I thought I would use your expertise.... I have some recipes that include protein powder. What are some good brands or flavors? There are so many out there, and I am not sure what I should use. Any advice you can give me would be appreciated!!!

Hi workinghard,

I am using 100% Pure Whey Protein Isolate (natural unflavored) by Now Foods. Before I've chosen this brand, I'd read tons of reviews about protein powder on the Internet. You can read some of the reviews about this particular product here:

http://www.amazon.com/100%-Protein-...ef=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1247595681&sr=8-2

I cannot compare this brand to any other since I haven't used anything else except this one. However, I like the fact that it's unflavored (so you can mix it with anything you like; it doesn't change taste and flavor of your food or drink) and it mixes very well with all liquids.

Hope this helps.

I've been using Biochem 100% Berries & Whey.
I add a cup of frozen berries, cup of water, cup of ice to make a berry smoothie.
I like it because it because it tastes great and has greens in the mix so it has a very high orac value.
Check out the ingredients for yourself:)
http://www.vitacost.com/Biochem-Sports-100-Berries-Whey-Berry#IngredientFacts

I just bought a bag of BeachBody Shakeology from my coach. It hasn't arrived yet. They offer some interesting flavors. I bought the green berry:cool:

I just recently discovered a powder while at a Canyon Ranch Spa cafe in Vegas, it is Designer Whey in "Natural" flavor, it seems to have many less ingredients than the other ones I use, and has virtually no flavor so it can be mixed with anything. I have been using it with apple juice, frozen banana and frozen strawberries mainly.

For powders with flavor, I like the PVL Whey Gourmet brand, I have milk chocolate, dark chocolate, vanilla, and cappuccino, they are all good, but the milk choc IMO is better than the dark.

I also like the taste of Lean Dessert BUT, I recently realized it has corn syrup in it, so I probably will not buy that one anymore.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.