Prince is 50!! Can u dig it??

Wow- unbelievable! I LOVE Prince - I think his halftime show at the superbowl a couple of years ago really helped his career -- not that it needed help, I guess!

His songs TOTALLY take me back to high school (like, totally, freak me out...gag me with a spoon..sorry, went off an a valley girl tangent also reminiscent of high school:p )

Heidi

My husband and I went to Minneapolis for a tour of Prince's recording studio and a concert on Prince's 40th birthday. Wow..how can that be 10 years ago already??

Annie

That's a good one Nancy !

I was a bit disappointed when I received my AARP "invitation" last year - but that sure would sell it for few more of us "Young 50 generation", huh?

I love, love, love Prince. He is a stellar musician and has really "cleaned" up his music in the last few years, now refusing to swear or talk dirty in his concerts and such. There are even songs he will not do anymore.

He just rocks and what longevity. His favorite song of mine is "Erotic City" which is so very naughty which makes me not want to like it (I try to listen to music that my kids can hear too...) but that one just had to be downloaded on my ipod. I am bad...

But it is just a sexy groove. Long live Prince.

Becky

Prince is so dang sexy, and still looks exactly the same, how in the world does he do it? Did you know he had or was going to have one of his hips replaced? Just like me! Its those dance moves and those heels, let me tell ya! They take their toll.;)

My favorite Prince song? Erotic City and "Nothing Compares to You" a song remake he did with another lady singer, forgot her name though...oh and I love "The Beautiful Ones" too. All of his songs actually.:p

Actually, that was Sinead O'Conner that remade HIS song. He wrote it, she recorded it. I am not sure if he recorded it after or before her; but he definately wrote it. I don't think he would remake anyone's songs...he is just too orignal.

I also like the song "kiss". Hmm.got that on my ipod too!

Actually, that was Sinead O'Conner that remade HIS song. He wrote it, she recorded it. I am not sure if he recorded it after or before her; but he definately wrote it. I don't think he would remake anyone's songs...he is just too orignal.

I also like the song "kiss". Hmm.got that on my ipod too!

>My husband and I went to Minneapolis for a tour of Prince's
>recording studio and a concert on Prince's 40th birthday.
>Wow..how can that be 10 years ago already??
>
>Annie

Hello...jealous!!...}( JK, that sounds like a dream, Annie. Glad you and DH had such an amazing experience.

Hey, 50 is young! I was lucky enough to have seats in the coveted "Purple Circle" at Prince's Purple Rain concert in San Francisco. I could have reached out and touched "The Purple One," but I didn't }(

Can u dig it?

Sarah ;-)

Prince wrote "Nothing Compares 2 U" for the band The Family, which was made up of Prince collaborators, Prince bandmembers, and his girlfriend (Susannah Melvoin, Wendy's twin sister (of Wendy and Lisa)). The Family recorded and relased an album featuring "Nothing Compares 2 U" in 1985. Sinead O'Connor covered the song in 1990. Prince recorded the song with Rosie Gaines and the NPG in 1992, and that version was released on Prince's Greatest Hits collection "The Hits/The B-Sides" in 1993.

Prince is the best.

Oh, Thank you, thank you, thank you for this link!!!

Favorite Prince song - how on earth could I choose?? But if I wanted to shed some light on a Prince song that I love, which isn't a highly recognized song, it would be "Forever In My Life" off the Sign 'o the Times album. I just love that song, but I could spend hours, days, weeks even, pondering my "favorite" - that's like asking which kid you love best!!

Tricia

"Forever In My Life" is one of my favorites as well. And I agree - how can you choose??

(In no particular order whatsoever)

01. Strange Relationship
02. Alphabet St.
03. Adore
04. 3121
05. DMSR
06. Still Would Stand All Time
07. Love, Thy Will Be Done
08. Baby, I'm A Star
09. Sometimes It Snows In April
10. A Love Bizarre
11. Eye No
12. Come On
13. When You Were Mine
14. Shockadelica
15. The Marrying Kind
16. She's Always In My Hair
17. Paisley Park
18. Thieves In The Temple
19. I Wish U Heaven
20. Forever In My Live
21. Sign "O" The Times
22. I Wonder
23. Billy Jack B*tch
24. Controversy
25. Thunder
26. Now!
27. Computer Blue
28. Mountains
29. Raspberry Beret
30. Strays of the World
31. Letitgo
32. Had U
33. Papa
34. Same December
35. Automatic
36. Cream
37. Gett Off
38. The Ladder
39. Joint 2 Joint
40. The Love We Make
41. Baby Knows
42. Blue Light
43. Rebirth of the Flesh
44. Le Grind
45. Days O Wild
46. The One U Wanna C
47. 7
48. Sleep Around
49. If I Was Your Girlfriend
50. Anna Stesia

I'd better stop, but I could go on and on...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.