Pretty note cards

rjroubi

Cathlete
I'm looking for websites that sell pretty note cards. I ordered a few that can be planted and grown (naturally, after they are read ;)) into wild flowers, but I like to have a lot to choose from when I decide to send someone a thoughtful note the old fashion way.

I would also like to support good causes if possible. It's certainly not mandatory, but it would be nice if by purchasing those note cards a few bucks could go to some worthwhile cause :) (Remember it's nice but not mandatory.)

All suggestions are welcome. I do love pretty cards of all varieties. Maybe you can share some of your favorites.

TIA,

I am always looking at the notecards they sell in Marshall's and Home Goods. Over the years I have acquired quite a collection at a very reasonable price. The selection is always changing and they have some great cards. When I go to those stores I always check out notecards, journals etc.

Hi Robin!

I have a variety of cards that I pick up here and there whenever I'm out. I always keep a personalized box of note cards on hand from William Arthur or Crane for those special and/or more formal occasions. They have a huge assortment to choose from and the paper is lovely to write on.

As for cards that support causes -- I love the idea of buying them from museum shops, especially from local museums. They could always use the support and they often have a variety of unique cards to go with current exhibits, etc. I also buy them from local photography shops and artists just to support their business. And check out bookstores. Borders has a big selection of boxed and individual cards that support a variety of causes, like UNICEF.

I recommend caution when purchasing items that support causes. I've actually returned books and stationery, etc, after discovering that the proceeds went to causes I didn't/couldn't/wouldn't support. ;)

Last edited:
I bought some notecards from edessedesigns.etsy.com. The have some very cool handmade stationary stuff. They are more funky than pretty, but still pretty. They also had some really cool food journals. I actually met one of the person who designs their stuff at a open market in my neighborhood.

Lorrie

Wow so many choices.

Michelle....thanks for the heads up on the charitable cards...I had no idea. ;) I just thought they would be nice. I will be careful when selecting.

I knew if I asked, you all would come up with great ideas. I now have my credit card handy and many internet sites to check out. :)

I doubt the profits go to anything but I get all my stationery from The American Stationary Company. Relatively affordable and a mind boggling selection of wonderful stuff in incredible colors. For some reason, though, their paper catalog is much more fun to flip through than their website. The catalog is brighter.

www.AmericanStationery.com

Last edited:
I am bumping this up because of some note cards I purchased today at a local craft fair. I actually stood at the booth laughing out loud as I looked at them. I don't know if they qualify as "pretty" but I thought they were cute. I also like to support local artists.

www.crankycats.com

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.