POWERSTRIKE MILLENIUM #2

singinggoddess

Cathlete
I did this workout last night for about the 3rd time and I absolutely love it. It really gets the heart rate up and it is very low impact. The cardio portion is a good 45 minutes long and it is definitely steady state cardio. I almost always stick just to cathe workouts, but I have to say I totally recommend this workout for people that just want a good kickboxing workout without a lot of choreography and impact. Totally recommend this to my fellow catheites.

Susan

I liked this one too - it's straightforward and fun. I have a question for you on the tape quality, however. Does your tape have sound issues? I received mine in a trade and the sound goes in and out. I was wondering if I got a questionable tape, or is that just the way it is?

Shelbygirl

The quality of these tapes are not the best. I don't have any in and out sound issues, but the sound gets muffled and distorted if you turn it up too high. I think we are spoiled by the great quality of the cathe tapes. But, what a sweaty great workout.:)

Susan

I have all the Powerstrikes. Their production quality may not be the best, but the workouts are worth every penny.

Pinky

So, I guess it's a good thing I never contacted the trader to blast her for sending me a bum tape! The sound issues weren't so bad that I won't use the tape again. In fact, I might have to line one or two of them up for this weekend!

Shelbygirl

Thanks for this post -- I'm really glad to hear this, since I need to expand my low impact collection. Does anyone have any comments on Powerstrike 1 and 3? What is the impact on these?

There is some jumping in one of the Powerstrikes, I don't remember which now, but you can sub marches for those. Really, there is hardly any impact. You don't jump any of the kicks. Some side kicks go quickly and are done differently than how Cathe does side kicks. You face front, march three times (or jump three times) while turning to one side and do a side kick to the front, or towards the TV. So watch where your heels point here. If lunges bother your knees, you can just take a step forward and a bit to the side when doing blocks instead of lunging and going down deep.

Pinky

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.