Poopy workouts

DeborahG

Cathlete
One of my dogs, who is housebroken, has started pooping in my workout area every day! He must do it at night while I'm sleeping, because I've never caught him, but there's always a pile waiting for me when I go to workout in the morning. What gives? Do you think he's trying to send me a message or something?

Just had to share. Have a great day!

Deborah

Nothing like a little dog humor to start your day. But seriously, your pup is obviously trying to communicate something to you. Problem is figuring out what. Does your pup hang out with you when you exercise?

It could be that he feels left out of the exercise routine. Do you walk your dog before or after you exercise? My daily routine is to roll out of bed, throw on clothes and take Ripken for a 2 mile walk--then when we get back, it's time for Cathe! Sometimes I can get my golden retriever to do some of the stretches with me at the end of the workouts. Being a golden retriever, Ripken is a great clown and my constant companion--frequently when I'm doing crunches he sit between my legs and puts his face between my knees which helps me to try to come up higher so I can give him a kiss.

~michelle

He's trying to give you some sort of message, but I don't know what. Cricket peed on my bed twice when I left her with a housesitter while my daughter and I went of vacation last spring. I gave that mattress to my ex...ha ha.

Then after I got the new puppy, she peed on the bed once again. I do think she poops in the house when she's mad at me for something. But I almost always know why she's mad.

Now that you guys mention it, I do close the door when I'm working out, because Walter (my dog) isn't smart enough to stay clear of my feet, and I'm afraid I'll kick him or step on him. He usually stays outside the door, and maybe that makes him mad.

I also wonder if whether, once a dog poops in one place, s/he is inclined to poop there again. Or is that just the case with pee?

Anyway, you guys got me thinking that he's mad for being excluded from my Cathe workout sessions.

As far as my routine with him, you guys also got me thinking that I need to go back to my old housebreaking habit of making sure he poops before I go to bed. (He has a dog door, so I ususally just assume he's gone on his own if he has to -- but maybe he's secretly saving it for my workout area!)

Thanks for the input, ladies!

Deborah

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.