Please keep the camera on CATHE during Shock Cardio

smiles4383

Cathlete
First I want to CLARIFY....I am so loving STS.
It is just awsome and the hard work and effort to make this 'my' workout has not gone unnoticed.
Love, Love, Love it....

That being said -
I have one difficulty with the current way of cutting to the rest of the crew and eliminating Cathe from the frame....

Many times the new members are off beat....going in the wrong direction...or not holding form.
I'm not being critical of them at all...please understand that...

I just NEED to see Cathe to keep my own form and rep speed in the right spot.

I reviewed a few of my older series and figured out what I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE about them.
They ALWAYS have CATHE in the frame. I can see what she is doing and even if the other crew members are off footing or rep - I can stay with my Instructor.

I felt that the NFL production was great if one is just watching the program...as the 'glitches' in rep speed or direction is not noticed at all.

I'm a clutz when I'm watching one thing, listening to another, and doing still another.

My Question:
Is it possible to keep Cathe in the frame of the cardio workouts like she would be in a regular class?

T.

(Please don't bash me on this as I am not trying to be critical of STS....
I hesitated all this time to even post this but, if I get 'off' on dumbbell reps...
I imagine I'll kill myself on step work.)

We've never "always" shown Cathe in all of our shots in our previous videos. You will find plenty of shots that show just background exercisers, just Cathe or both Cathe and background exercisers in all of our workouts for the last 20 years. This will continue to be the case in Shock Cardio.

STS is different type of workout and is not done to a music beat. The background exercisers are not off beat, they're simply not following a beat as heavy lifting should be done at your own speed that will be dictated by how quickly your muscles fatigue and your lever length.

Shock Cardio will be filmed to a beat as we always do in any cardio workout and it will not matter who you're seeing on camera as everyone will be following the same beat.

Keep camera angle straight on Cathe during changes in routine

It would be appreciated however if you could make sure the camera is on Cathe, facing forward, when there a change in the routine. So many times workouts focus on a face or the class when we need to see the instructor doing the choreography, head on. We need to see full-body moves also, facing front, not just the feet or a view from the side. I have not enjoyed watching repeated writing on their clipboards during STS, especially since the footage is repeated in different workouts. So I think this is just a vote to keep Cathe front and center, esp. during changes to the workout.

thanks

Cheryl

Thanks Cathe

I absolutely LOVE what you are doing for my body.
STS is everything I wish I knew years ago....it would have saved me a lot of time.
My muscles are getting so much more defined...

I'm excited for the upcoming additions to my Cathe Cardio collection. :)

T.

It would be appreciated however if you could make sure the camera is on Cathe, facing forward, when there a change in the routine. ... this is just a vote to keep Cathe front and center, esp. during changes to the workout.

That's my vote too. This will make the workout so much easier to follow and to learn. Thanks to both posters for expressing this point of view -- I've wanted to ask Cathe for this for years. Off center camera work/angles (especially the first time a new move is shown) can turn an otherwise fabulous workout into one that is so frustrating that I will almost never do it!

PS Thank you Cathe for making such consistently challenging and excellent workouts! I can't wait for STS Cardio!

different POV

I'd like to mention that I actually like seeing the other people exercising during STS. I appreciate that they have a different speed, which helps drive home the point that the workout should be at my individual pace, not necessarily Cathe's pace. I also like seeing the slight differences in form.

However, I do ove seeing lots of shots of Cathe. Her form is pretty close to impeccable.

And I second the idea of ensuring that we can see Cathe (full body) when we change to a different exercise in the cardio DVDs.

Now is the time to share our preferences for Shock Cardio

I just wanted to voice my view BEFORE the filming so that when it is done - I can be confident that at least I had an imput.

I simply don't care for the cuts that throw the exercise off beat or rep.

Now is the time to voice a view. That is what I wanted to do.

Voicing my view does not deter in the slightest, my appreciation for Cathe and the crew.

:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.