Pentagenarians & Beyond: WB 11/22

I am so sore tonight. I did my workout and then went outside with the leaf vacuum to clean up leaves and sweep the walkway. I think every joint hurts.
Workout was Cathe Live #300 Meatabolic 300, 52 minutes, Fit bit was so off as heart rate was 115/205, 155 calories, 1,650 steps. I then did Cathe Live #237 Step Sweat and Lift step cardio portion only, 23 minutes, heart rate 118/139, 108 calories, 2,241 steps. I finished off with Coffey Fit Raw strength day 4 stretch stopping at the down dog segment, 25 minutes(I think it was close to the foam roller portion), heart rate 80/99, 23 calories, 17 steps. Total time was 1 hour 40 minutes, 286 calories, 3,908 steps. I shut the Fitbit down before starting and did the sync with my phone checking settings. I was hoping it would work better, but no such luck. Part of the time there was no reading at all. There was the one peak that it seemed to go to after blanking to adjust. Even the step intervals were lower than they should have been. They went up after I moved the watch around.

Live Metabolic #300, 49 steps , 30 exercises done as 110 reps Step with 3 risers and various weights
rear lunge/curl/press 10# dbs
sit curl/stand curl 10# dbs
sumo/side/hop 3 alternating
cross back lunge right/left/2 reps upright row 12# dbs
squat/press/ open/pull down10# dbs
push up/knee in
pull over /leg extension(suggested 15's or 20's) I used 10's
close grip bench press/bench press 15# dd (Cathe 20's)
1 arm tripod 20# db (I did most of these in the lunge stance rather than balancing)
squat/jump together/ press to overhead triceps extension 12# dbs
reverse lunge/curl/twist twice then repeat other side10# dbs
lunge/ knee up, lateral raise alternating5# dbs
side plan/adduction/delt raise 5# db each side counts as one of the 30 exercises
down dog triceps push ups
2 triceps dips leg extend and reach for toe alternating
core/biceps curls on mat 10# dbs
crossover push ups
sumo squat/deadlift 20# dbs
step back lunge/reverse fly 12# dbs
front lunge/ curl/ front raise15# db
side lunge alternating/ stand biceps curls hammer and front curl 12# dbs
single leg dead/side lateral raise 2x 5# dbs can use 8's
double arm row/hip hinge row 20# dbs
mat
monster walks
plank knee under/out/under alternating
bear crawl/ press
crab kicks without kicking out
hands and knees leg lift/partial tricep push up
short cardio finisher

Judy, I am like you, I would only buy the Seventh Generation if that was all that I could get. When the pandemic started I got some Amazon Solimo that was not so good, but it was toilet paper. I bought the 7th Generation because I was in Sprouts and did not want to go to another store. After that purchase, I go around the corner to Dollar General so I can get something else. They are not very good for that type of thing. I like their snack size baggies that have ounce markings on them in the green box. I had never seen those before and they made it nice for me to divide things like nuts into one or two ounce servings for my husband when he was dieting. I sure hope they can get paper products back in.

Valerie, I would think he could choose a time when others are least likely to be working out, at work or something. Particularly if he is retired. I go to places like Sprouts and Dollar General around 1 or 2 and there is usually hardly any customers. The other option is when they open. I avoid weekends as much as possible. That is when I get Whole Foods delivery. I think Orange Theory is open by Sprouts again, but only a few cars in the lot by them. Then again some could be in urgent care which is next to the gym. I kind of laughed when I saw the gym was between urgent care and the ice cream parlor. It seems in AZ the weather would not keep them inside so much. Maybe Carolyn is right and it is not having a personal trainer to motivate him. Wonder if he got an online trainer or something it would help.

Carolyn, nice work today with Stacked Sets and extended stretch. I am a little disappointed that the extended stretch on Perfect 30 is so short. I was hoping for at least 10-12 minutes. Step Blast is a fun workout. I was just thinking about some of the workouts that I always did because they were fun, and wondered why I veered off and haven't done them in so long. I kind of feel I need to use the streaming that I paid for though and not waste my money.

Cathy, great workout mix today. I have a Withings scale so that is why I was interested in the watch after looking at it and reading reviews. I have my scale set with Fitbit and MFP. I hope that you like your new watch. Does it have sleep stats?

Cathy I do them with short breaks, like 2 sets of 25 push ups. I stop for a few seconds in between. I did dips too, and did 32/24/18 like cathe often does. the tricep ones are on the edge of the bench. its slightly elevated so not all the way down to the floor. I broke them up too, like 20/20/10 but like to get them done. I wish they looked it .... I have strong triceps.

I would think ( I don't know this) that Cathe gets either free clothes from companies or greatly discounted. think of how many people see what she is wearing and the logo gives the brand away, plus its in the credits on dvds. a company gets a whole lot of free publicity for their line if a well known person is wearing their clothes.

cousin is a big boy and needs to do some work arounds. If he needs a personal trainer to get rolling again, I hope he does it. he had someone for for a long time in WA so he must know how and what to do. I think he dropped it when gyms had to close back in spring. he spent a bundle on a foldable bike and used it for a while but not much since. he lived right on a bike trail here in WA. weather in AZ would be great and Im sure plenty of trails to ride now that temps are tolerable. we encourage him but he seems to be backsliding into old behavior.

I did perfect pump Hiit the easier one. 30 min.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.