Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 9/23

Hi Everyone,

Sunday I did an hour of Travis Eliot Yin Yoga. Monday I did Cardio Leg Blast and added the ball and floor sections from Great Glutes. Yesterday I did the full upper body premix from Burn Sets and today I did Tabatacise, tabatas 1-5 with Core 1.

Deb-I bet you can't wait for your new puppy! I can't wait to see photos! I hope your hip is getting better.

Diane Sue-I can't use anything with Chamomile in it either. It's frustrating because so many of the sleep supplements and teas that I would like to try have that in it. I also avoid cucumbers but I didn't know about zucchini. I don't even remember the last time I had anything with zucchini in it but I will remember to avoid it from now on.

Lori-we plan on getting new carpet upstairs soon and I am not looking forward to moving all the furniture out of the bedroom. We will probably make this the last thing we do with our remodeling, as it will be the hardest. We are also thinking of buying a new bedroom set and coordinating the delivery with the carpet installation so we can have the old furniture taken out right before the carpet install and then put the new furniture in after.

Valerie-A 6 hour hike is an awesome workout! I can't imagine hiking that long.

Carolyn-That's great that your physical went well. Nice workouts this week!

Have a great day!

Judy

good morning everyone. we hike at a comfortable pace stopping for breath breaks as we need them. usually uphill one direction, downhill on the way back. we lounge around at the top of wherever we get to, looking at scenery, flowers, animals while eating lunch. its supposed to be fun. depending on weather, "lunch hour" is resting. its not like spinning for 6 hours. we also carry supplies with us so an extra 15 lbs-20lbs. a lot of people hike with a granola bar and their cell phone and nothing else. It doesn't take much to go wrong to cause trouble. you get cold in a minute without extra clothing. we carry enough to be comfortable.

I agree, Deb, can't wait to see the new little guy. as long as I can watch something entertaining, I can do cardio work. I like music but as I have complained about too many times already, the newer music is so annoying I'm turning it off before starting a workout.

I have a strong grass allergy mainly to cultivated "golf course" grass. I eat zucchini and cucumbers all the time and never noticed a thing, except I get sick of cucumbers. I love them.... until suddenly I can't look at another. I have had chamomile tea before but don't like tea much regardless of flavor. we eat loads of zucchini dishes while the plants are producing but I get tired of it too

we did a trail ride this morning, 26 miles its been several weeks. 2 hrs 15 min. it felt hard. we last rode 3 weeks ago and it has rained several times. the tree roots under the trail must have swelled and caused a whole lot of big humps and splits in the asphalt. amazing what happened in 3 short weeks.

Last edited:
Today I did RWH Back, Biceps, and Shoulders. I did a timesaver premix with no finishers and 2 sets instead of three of each exercise. That was 37 minutes and 117 calories burned. My average heart rate was 103 and maximum heart rate was 133. I also walked on the treadmill for 20 minutes and an additional 98 calories.

Diane Sue, great job with Step Boxing and Low Impact Sweat. I didn’t know that about chamomile tea, but I plan to avoid it in the future. I bought some last week and it caused me to have hives. I had already decided to avoid it and I threw out the box that I bought before I saw your post. Zucchini is something that I eat all the time and it doesn’t bother me. Cucumbers are hard for me to digest so I never eat them.

Lori, it seems that you have your workout routine going again. Good for you! Low Impact Circuit is one of Cathe’s older workouts from 2006 and isn’t part of a series. It’s a step circuit workout but the choreography is not complicated. It’s a fun workout.

Deb, Low Impact Circuit is a stand alone workout not from the Low Impact Series.

Judy, you are doing some great workouts. I like all of the ones that you’ve done this week. Tabatacise 1-5 is very impressive.

Valerie, your 6 hour hike is impressive. Even the relaxed pace would be hard for me to do.

This morning I did Coffey Fit Raw Kickbox and Contour, 43 minutes, 266 calories, met 5.6, heart rate average 127, max 160. 2,643 steps. I then did Coffey Fit Raw Back side from the backside front side workout and added the abs and stretch from the end, This was 40 minutes, met 4.0, 177 calories, heart rate 101 average, 128 max, 820 steps.
Backside weights
reverse fly 15# dbs 10 reps
alternating revers lunge row 15# dbs 10 reps
I cannot remember what the third move was and I have it written as BBS??15# db 10 reps
repeat
one arm kick back 15# db 10 reps to /1 arm standing crossbody triceps extension 15# 10 reps then do other side
suitcase dead lift 20#; 25# dbs 10 reps
repeat
plies 30# db 10 reps
calves 20# dbs 30 reps @ 10,10,10 different foot positions
repeat
superman on bench 10 reps
frog legs on bench 10 reps
repeat
good mornings 20# db 10 reps
plank wipers 10 reps
repeat
last set of abs was crunches and reverse crunches

I had to make a trip to Sprouts for a couple of things. I am holding out to see if my Aunt with the RV pulling her car is going to come here. I am going to have to find somewhere to for her to park again if she does. She cannot park here and she had a hard time getting into my daughters gate. She scraped bottom when she started up the hill. The guys turned the rig around for her. She likes to park where there is the option to pull through since she is pulling her car. My other daughter's house she stayed at last time, the guys pulled her around and faced out, but when she went to leave she caught the top of the RV on the basketball goal by the drive. We had a hard time getting it loose. My grandson came home on his lunch break with a friend to help as we had unbolted it, and it took all of us us to drop that whole thing down to the ground and away from the RV.

Valerie, I have problems with the earbuds too. They fall right out of my ears. I have tried different types and it doesn't make a difference. I like regular tea occasionally , Kombucha tea, but without fruit flavors added, jasmine, and chai with no sugar or sweet to it. Hot tea needs some cream or milk, regular iced I drink as is. I prefer coffee :) I used to love only tea. My tastes in music has changed so much. I don't think I could sit through MTV now. I got out old records and it was sort of fun, but then I started wondering why I liked that stuff.

Deb, you are probably like me, you have so many workouts, that when someone mentions them it brings it back to us :) Bananas were on the lists of what not to eat with ragweed allergies. I am not a huge fan of bananas though. I make this mexican zucchini skillet dish a lot and just had it the other day, before I looked up more stuff on the allergies. Every time they get so bad that I am getting desparate, I go searching hoping someone comes up with something new that works. I have read those foods before though and always forget which ones, other than the chamomile, which I have known for a long time. I do think the dogs bring the pollen in on their fur. I gave Gertie a bath yesterday and cleaned fans. I need to go pick up some new air filters. I have been running my Air purifier and recently put new hepa filters in it along with the pre-filter. It takes 3 hepa filters.
I ordered Kelly's workouts when she had the pre-sale.

Judy, I use zucchini quite a bit with my spiralizer and some of the dishes that I make. Which reminds me that there are certain foods to avoid if you have latex allergy. My daughter cannot eat kiwi. Getting a new bed at the same time as the carpet install sounds like a good idea. We want to get rid of the carpet upstairs and maybe do the workout room in something else. I do not like the thought of moving all of my fitness equipment out. It would all probably have to be dragged down the stairs.

Carolyn, the time savers are so nice for putting together more than one workout to get everything in. Nice work :)

Good morning,

I went to PT yesterday, and for the first time, it was actually painful. I ended up not doing the exercises at home because of all they did at the session. I did ask about the treadmill or bike, and he recommended staying away from anything with repetitive motion, until I am pain free.

Judy, great combo of workouts! Smart idea to coordinate the new bedroom set for after the new rug is installed. I arranged for all our rugs to be picked up and cleaned while the floors are refinished, then delivered back when the floors are done. :).

Valerie, your hikes are a challenge, even with any of the "rests".

Carolyn, I had never heard that about chamomile tea either, that's too bad that you had that hive episode. That is the only herbal teal I like, so I am glad that I don't have any of those effects.

Diane Sue, I love that your aunt goes around with the RV to visit! So much a reminder of that character in the book series. :). I ordered special ear buds for smaller ears, ( I think they are children's) because I have that issue as well. Any that come with a device, like a phone, iPad etc are way too big for me. I went over to KCM FB page and read about the new workouts. I don't remember ordering them, but if I did, it would only have been the lifting one. Step Boxing would not be something I would get. I was disappointed to see that she shut down the forum on her website. You can only use it now to order things. Sad for her followers that do not use FB.

Hi to Lori,

Time to start putting "stuff" in totes. We are hoping to move all the furniture into the garages, the guys that are doing the floors will be our movers....for a small fee of course, but it will be worth it.

Take care,

Deb, I have read that some of those sessions with PT can be painful. I hope things get better for you. I do dislike that we are pretty much stuck with social media like Facebook etc.. I often think of dropping it, but I keep up with things like what is going on with Kelly, some other things I follow and family. I just click on Kelly to check on what is going on. I check her site for premixes, sales, and workout sheets, as well as purchasing. I love step and her step boxing is so much fun. I understand not everyone likes step that much. It adds something different to the step and is not constant stepping on and off the step. I am looking forward to the weights.
Reptitive motions can really up the pain in an injury. I get that with high rep workouts if I do them too often.

Deb too bad PT was unpleasant and also too bad on the no on the bike. anything that irritates the area is probably ruled out. I did not go to PT for bursitis, I had gone for a knee problem. either some of the PT exercises or some cathe floor work generated my bursitis. I couldn't hike and stayed away from treadmill and elliptical because I thought it would irritate my hip. just ended up using the bike riding as a work around for a while so no one recommended it to me. my bursitis went away in a couple weeks, was not persistent like yours.
Hiking can be intense and is more of an endurance workout. Best not burn yourself out going up because you must get back to your car. I've been doing it for 45 years! You are almost always carrying extra weight, a daypack or backpack, and I always find downhill harder in many ways than uphill.

No question some MTV was horrible.. there were several channels, weren't there? I liked the combination of music with the performances. some were so clever. it was not the only thing I watched, but with cable it was easy to change around stations with one remote. now I need three and its not so easy, and there is no music..

This morning I did Kelly's 30 minutes to Fitness Total Body Kick box mix alternating workout 1 and 2 ( I like this one because I get a break in between the weighted boxing #2 and the regular kick box #1. I used 1# dbs for the non weight kickbox and 5# dbs for the slower weighted moves from 2. This was 46 minutes, 297 calories, met 5.9, 3,762 steps, heart rate average 134, max 165. I then did Coffey Fit Raw Front Side with the warm up added, 34 minutes, 575 steps, heart rate average 92, max 126, met 4.0, 150 calories (Map my fitness gave me 184 calories using weights as my setting) I finished off with Coffey Fit Raw Stretch since I really needed this and have been neglecting it. 28 minutes, 62 calories, met 2.0. Total time was 1 hr 48 minutes, 509 calories.
Coffey Fit Raw Front Side begins at 31 minutes into workout. Also the warm up for Front side begins at around 6 minutes into the warm up. Kelly has you do the moves for the workout with 3 to 5# dumbbells to warm up. You can also do your own warm up. I probably could have left it out coming off of the kickboxing workout. There is no rest on each set of 3, you just go from one to the next.
Shoulders
Arnold press 15# dbs 10 reps
Front raise 15# db 10 reps
sissy squat no weight 10 reps I find this easier to put my hand on something so I can lean back far enough to get it right. Last time I did the second set as squats with weights, but not this time
repeat
Chest
flies 20# dbs 10 reps
bench press 20# dbs 10 reps
quad press (this is seated leg lift and I added 3# ankle weights on the second set) non weighted
repeat
Biceps
21's 15# dbs
supinated curls 15# dbs 10 reps
side lunges ( I need to remember that she does one db first set and then two the second as I would use 2 both) 15# db 10 reps second set 2 15# dbs
repeat
abs pulse crunch / reverse curl
repeat

I wish I did not have so many things scheduled for this next month already. I made dentist and eye appointments and since have had other things added unexpectedly. I forgot that my daughter had set me up for a cpr course so I could be back up for her doing daycare. She paid for it and I feel I probably should go even though she decided to go back to teaching. I don't like doing those classes and it is on a Saturday. I used to have to do it when I had my own daycare many years ago. It is just getting a bit overwhelming when I look at the calendar. I have a friend coming over tomorrow afternoon so we can catch up on things since we have not got together in a long time. I suggested she do her laundry here instead of a Laundromat. She sold her house and they have a trailer that they are living in for now. Some other friends gave them a spot on their property to set it up that has the plumbing hook ups. I need to get to Walmart, which I do not enjoy at all.

Valerie, at least you know how to prepare yourself for those hikes. I remember my daughter's family hiking down into the Grand Canyan and they did not take enough water. My granddaughter who was a teen then was crying on the way back up. It is a long way down into that canyan. I never had a want to go down in it. Staying at the top was a fine way to look at it :)

Today I did Low Impact Sweat workouts 1 and 2. That was 47 minutes and 360 calories burned. My average heart rate was 136 and maximum heart rate was 166. I had heating and plumbing technicians scheduled this morning for routine maintenance check ups and needed to get done early.

Deb, I’m sorry that PT was painful yesterday. I remember having pain that brought tears to my eyes when I had PT for my frozen shoulder. It’s good that you asked about the treadmill and bike. I rarely drink any kind of tea, sometimes after dinner to keep from having dessert.

Diane Sue, Total Body Kickboxing is a nice workout.

Hello to Lori, Valerie, and Judy. Have a wonderful afternoon everyone.

Good evening ladies,

Yesterday was a San Fran Fitness bounce that concentrated on your arms. I used 2lb hand weights and it was great. 2lb weights might not seem like much but when you are on a trampoline the gravity makes them feel heavier. Today I worked on lower body. I did a SB advance lower. She used 8lbs but I used 12lbs. I followed up with an LEKFit bounce.

I am back on track and feeling so much better. I have lost some weight and I am not bloated as I was. Clean eating and great workouts are doing it. I never stopped working out as you know...but when I did workout, especially after Madeline passed, I was not giving it my all. I was just kind of going thru the motions, if that makes sense.

Deb...Oh I am so sorry your hip hurt. I know you must be fustrated, considering how active you are. Hang in! It will get better and you will be back to regular workouts soon. So exciting to have a new puppy!! When do you get him? Can’t wait for pictures!!! Once you have the new floors and everything back in it’s place you will be happy. Worth all the work.

Judy...some great workouts and variety! You must be loving your home after all the work you have done. Makes sense to save the bedroom for last.

Caroyln...same here hardly ever drink tea. I wish I could enjoy it though. I have a premix I made up of one of Cathe’s workout (can’t recall at the moment which one) that I cut off the third set of each workout. Still made a great workout and a nice timesaver for me.

Diane Sue...I love Facebook for my fitness groups. I belong to a few and enjoy them. I need to try out the Raw kickboxing workouts and look up the front side workout. You have me intrigued. Very nice letting her do laundy. I bet she appreciates that.

Valerie...I have no issues with cukes and zuccini. I love them both. I will even make a cucumber sandwich. Fresh roll, little mayo and fresh cucumbers. I think it is great you and your husband are always prepared when you hike. You never know what the weather will do. I liked MTV when it first came out. Thought it was great. Never watch it now and can’t even remember the last time I did!

Have a great night all!

Carolyn, we usually do most of the maintenance ourselves for the air units. Cleaning them etc. I think we need to get some of the insulated wrap that goes on the pipes that run to the wall. It is kind of deteriorating. Although I had some come out at our last house when it looked like that and they didn't think it needed it. Maybe it was not something that they wanted to do.

Lori, I understand just sort of going through the motions of workouts and daily activities. You really don't put your all into it. I am glad you are getting some of your interest back in the workouts. I used to eat cucumber and butter on bread sandwiches when I was a child and we lived in England. My parents had friends there that we would visit and I loved the cucumber sandwiches. I didn't care for the tomato sandwiches though. They kind of soaked into the bread.

Hi Everyone,

This morning I did XTrain ride. I kept my heart rate low and rode it as a recovery ride as I was still feeling the effects of tabatacise and I didn't feel like doing anything extreme. Chris has tomorrow off and we have another project we are doing. We decided to paint the walls in our living room a light grey. We had painted them white a couple of years ago and this year we painted the dining room and stairwell white too. We decided it would be nice to have a little contrast with a different color in the living room. I'll post some photos when we're done.

Deb-I'm sorry that your hip hurt :( I know how painful that can be. That's too bad that you can't use the bike but it makes sense that you don't want to do anything to aggravate it. I got the new KCM DVDs in the mail today. I previewed the Sculpting RX one and it looks pretty good.

Valerie-I used to watch MTV all the time in the early-mid 80's when I was in college. I loved it! There was no internet or YouTube so listening to music and watching MTV was a big part of my life back then. I think I stopped watching it sometime in the 90's. I watched VH1 Classic for a while back when we had cable. They had some pretty good shows.

Diane Sue-Great job on the KCM workout today! I used to have to take an annual CPR and First Aid course when I was working back in Iowa. That's really nice that you had your friend do her laundry at your house.

Carolyn-Great job with the RWH and ICE workouts this week. I will be doing some RWH workouts next week, as I plan on starting the RWH + XTrain rotation.

Lori-I know exactly what you mean about going through the motions and not giving it your all. It's great that you are feeling better. Nice job with your workouts this week!

Judy

Good morning,

Only PT exercises yesterday. I just got back from babysitting. Had to be there at 7:00 am.

Diane Sue, I sometimes wish I had never signed up for Facebook. I did it when I joined one of the NG programs, as it was where all the communications were taking place. Now I just belong to a couple of groups that I am interested in. I guess I have to accept that businesses will have both a company web site and a FB page and resign myself to have to look at both. John and his staff have to go to CPR classes to keep up their certification and they are not happy about it either. I really do not like Walmart either. They have a lot of "stuff' but for some reason, I don't like it there.

Lori, great that you are back to your old self. We are going on Tuesday with Kylee to look at the 3 males again and hopefully decide on one. Also going to ask, depending on when they are supposed to be ready to go to their new owners...if the timing is when we are doing the floors, if they would keep him for another week. I don't think we need a puppy in the mix at that time. :).

Carolyn, we do the same with routine maintenance. The AC/Heating company that installed our units has a contract where they come out twice a year, for a much reduced price and make sure everything is good before the new season. Thanks for reminding me, I need to set something up for the boiler, water system and one of our split system units that also has a heater.

Valerie, I never liked MTV, there was another channel that was more contemporary music, maybe VH1? 45 years of hiking! No wonder you are a pro at it. :)

Judy, wow, another room project! You guys are on a roll for sure! :) Yep, now that you said it, VH1 was what I was thinking of. I remember having it on the TV when I was doing my workouts.

Take care,

This morning I did RWH Chest, Triceps, and Shoulders with no finishers for 43 minutes and 134 calories burned. Average heart rate was 100 and maximum heart rate was 130. I walked on the treadmill for 10 minutes before doing the workout because I wanted a longer warmup.

Lori, great job with your rebounding and SB workouts. It’s understandable that your heart would not be in your workouts for a while. I tried cucumber sandwiches out of curiosity once, but they didn’t appeal to me.

Judy, I have done the XTrain/RWH rotation. It’s a nice combo of the two series. It was less overwhelming to me than RWH alone. I like the RWH workouts, especially the strength training, but it was too much for me to only do that series in a rotation.

Deb, glad that you survived another babysitting session :). I can understand the need to avoid repetitive movements like the treadmill. That was one reason that I like the JS walking workouts. It’s easy to adjust the intensity to my needs and she has a nice variety of movements.

Hello to Diane Sue and Valerie.

I think Judy is right , VH1. I used to watch while I was exercising and could switch back and forth between channels since I didn't like all the music then either. whatever was on the screen to watch worked for me along with the music. I never could get into music right into my ears like with headphones or buds. I get a very unpleasant vibrating sense that makes me pull them out. I can't use a stethoscope either which would be useful for taking blood pressure for DH. I tried every ear piece and none of them fit at all. I loved some music, hated other songs, and a lot was in the middle but fine to keep me engaged while on the treadmill or elliptical.

so much has changed about hiking. some positive and some negative. some go only for fast times and total mileage while we got immersed in the peace and quiet, beautiful scenery. plants, birds, animals. we backpacked a lot. it was our main vacation for decades. have not done much backpacking for a few years now. we hope to do more again (while we still can) but trails have gotten so busy many are unpleasant.
newer fabrics/ gear have changed gear weight to lighter. people hike with a fraction of what gear used to weigh. we have lightened things gradually but still carry more than most. the idea is have what you need to spend an unexpected night or two "out" if you get lost or weather gets bad. under those conditions, the granola bar and cell phone don't help much. we used to hike 6-8 miles and get away from crowds but a lot of people do 30- 45 mile days carrying almost nothing so a lot of peace and quiet has gone away in backpacking destinations. we have to go further to less well known locations to get solitude.

we do an every other year heating service. the same idea, get preventive maintenance done during the off season. we clean filters etc ourselves. our climate is milder and does not get as much use. used the air condition only a couple days this summer. heat gets used more consistently but it seldom gets really cold here.

Deb, I'll bet that as long as you are committed to a puppy they'd keep it another week. a new puppy and being pretty much out of your house seems like a bad way to start things off.

I have a facebook account too, use it to look at family pics. I never liked it use it minimally.

yesterday I had major grocery shopping to do, errands and a hair appt right in the middle so had a day off. ETA we mt biked this morning. it is warm and sunny surprisingly nice. did 6 miles in 1 hr 45 min. there were a few other people there this morning. we need to be careful about going opposite directions,. the trails are windy in dense trees and brush. hard to see anyone coming from opposite way

Last edited:
This morning I did a premix from Kelly Coffey 30 Minutes to Fitness Cardio Blast, Step Plyo Blast Plus which alternates the step workout with the plyo blast workout. This was 51 minutes, 332 calories, heart rate average 130, max 170, 4,386 steps, met 5.9. I then did Coffey Fit Raw Core moves with my bosu ballast ball, 25 minutes, 86 calories, met 3.1, heart rate 92 average, 114 max, 282 steps. Total time was 76 minutes, 418 calories.

My friend came over and visited and I had a call from my son in law asking to bring the grandchildren over before he went to work since they were out of school today. So, I was busy all afternoon :) I got Kelly Coffey's new workouts today. I wrote down the weight workout formats and moves as well as premixes so I have an idea of what I am going to be doing.

Judy, I painted my bathroom upstairs in a pale grey almost white color. I like it a lot. I really wanted to get rid of the yellow beige color. With the skylight, and lighting it was just too warm colored. It is the only room in the house that is a different color than the rest.

Deb, Walmart has added some of the healthier foods, kombucha tea, blanched almond flour etc. that are a much better price than other stores, but I try to keep them as more of a once or twice a month trip. Sprouts is not the place for me to buy paper goods and cleaners. I do once in awhile just because I am out and am not planning a Walmart trip. It is that or run through Dollar General, which I really do not like going to either. Facebook is so big that everything wants to know if you want to log in with your facebook account or Google. I avoid that as much as possible. My stuff and anyone that I have looked at their page shows up somewhere on facebook. It takes away one's privacy even when you strong settings. I had my 10 and 4 year old grandchildren today. They did well together. I was glad since I was visiting with my friend at the same time.

Carolyn, I did the RWH rotation the first time and felt so many injured areas and kept having to try to lighten up the cardio. The weight work is great and I like the cardio, but not all together. I need a bit of break up in all of that impact.

Valerie, I watched VH1 some too. I think sometimes the music was better than watching those videos. I just got to where I wanted to look at something else. I liked cooking shows, Regis and Cathe Lee, something like that.

Good morning,

Yesterday was for babysitting, didn't even get to my PT exercises.

Carolyn, you are doing great on the RWH workouts. :). I'm with you on the cucumber sandwiches. Isn't there a fancy name for them? I can't seem to remember it right now though.

Valerie, it is great to see all the improvements with hiking gear, and clothing. It has to make is so much more pleasant for serious hikers like yourselves.

Diane Sue, that is nice that you got to visit with your friend and the grandchildren cooperated. :). I only had the 4 year old yesterday, and he was slightly feverish, did not go to school, so he was quieter than usual. By the time his father got back, he was feeling better and we played a few games. Otherwise not as active as he usually is.

Hi to Judy & Lori,

Take care,

Good morning ladies,

Yesterday morning was a LEKfit total body bounce that had some great upper and lower sculpting. My legs are feeling this workout this morning. Wanted to do Cathe’s new Cardio, Glutes express this morning but will save this one for tomorrow.

Diane Sue...I would feel the same way about just tomatoes in a sandwich. I did not get Kelly’s new dvd’s. They did look good but I still need to do the ones I have, which is more than I thought! I thought the same with RWH.

Judy...our kitchen is gray and we love it. Our new fridge came yesterday. The plan was for today but received a text Thursday saying it was to be delivered Friday. My husband and I said Saturday delivery several times so not sure how they messed this up. Needed to work from home otherwise I would have had to reschedule. Glad it came though now it is here. We are moving the old fridge in an old closet that we think will house it perfectly for easy access. Looking forward to having a 2nd fridge. Need to remove the closet door and frame though to get it in. This is my project for the day!

Deb...speaking of Facebook it is all over the news right now. Even if you were not affected it is wise to change your password. I love the groups I belong to and would hate to not be on FB for these groups. We did the same when we bought GiGi. She was ready right about the same time as my conference so I asked if I could delay her pickup for a week and they were fine with it. It all worked well. You may not remember I flew to Philadelphia to pick her up. :)

Valerie...my husband has a tough time with earbuds. None stay in. He uses Bose over the ears headphones and is very happy with them. I have no problem. Yes VH1 is what I listened to for a while. Nice ride...wow never thought of people coming in the opposite direction. Yikes!

Carolyn...lol! On the cucumber sandwich. I guess they are not for everyone!! I would like to revisit the RWH rotation but try and use the rebounder for the hiit sections. I have become very good modifing a hiit move on the rebounder. I m going to look into this. I liked the workouts but they exhausted me.

Have a great day all!

Ha Lori mount biking tends to be a little unstructured.... I'm sure some areas have one way signs but this is a unregulated place that is what it sounds like.....a tree farm. the owners harvest trees as needed and have been kind enough to leave it open to recreational use. It is a huge area. there are roads and trails. it is maintained mainly by horse riders but is open to mt biking and walkers. roads are open all year but trails about half the year. when it gets wet, trails get too chewed up by both horses and bikes. we are very careful and defer to horses & walkers so bikes don't get blocked out. a lot of mt bikers are young and they can be careless and go too fast, scare horses. we go out of our way to talk to walkers and horse people, and always ask how to pass safely. I personally don't want a scared horse charging all over any more than its rider does! anyway, because its a casual place, important to keep speed under control, and watch for people going the opposite way.

yep, ear buds just fall out. I never liked headphones either.

I like cucumbers for a while and then suddenly, that's enough, and I don't want to look at one for a year. tomatoes though, good ones, I love. I used to eat sliced tomato on toast for breakfast. I like tomatoes on everything!

This morning I did JS Stride and step for 30 months and 218 calories burned. My average heart rate was 128 and maximum heart rate was 148. I followed that with Ab Circuits Stability Ball Abs for 20 minutes and 67 calories burned. Average heart rate was 105 and maximum heart rate was 130 which surprised me for this type workout. However, it was kind of hard :).

Diane Sue, great job with KCM Cardio Blast and Coffeyfit Raw. I haven’t tried the premix with step and plyo. I don’t mind Kelly’s plyo as it seems less intense than Cathe’s. I love the look of gray paint that is so, popular now. I’m sure that your walls look beautiful.

Deb, glad the babysitting went well. There was a time when I was a young woman that I was interested in trying foods very different from what I grew up eating. Cucumber sandwiches with tea sounded like a good idea at the time. I quickly changed my mind. Now that I think about it, I’m still trying out different foods :).

Lori, thanks for the reminder about Facebook. Like Deb, I joined for the NGs, but I have discovered other groups of interest so have kept it.

Valerie, the biking trails sound very interesting. Encountering a scared horse would not be good.

Judy, hope your project is going well today. You have accomplished a lot in the last few months.

Enjoy the afternoon everyone.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.