Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 5/05/2024

This morning I did a Low Max/Body Max 2 step combo workout I put together, then Live Core Strength Express which I really liked and followed that up with STS 2 Total Body Stretch.

Valerie yes that's a blue tongued skink. Best thing about the zoo is that it's almost completely set in woods. The only true open area is the Savanah which is somewhere around 15 acres, and the rest of the African area is wooded. I have Derek set up on the Life 360 app now and I get the alerts when he goes to and from the admin building to the barn in Africa, which is where he's worked so far, and it says that it's a mile drive between the two in part because they have to go around the Savanah to get to the barn. It's only a 1/2 mile to walk between the two parts of the zoo. I was at the Seattle zoo in 1989. Last wildlife rehab conference I attended was there and I was 3 months pregnant with Nick. My Aunt and Uncle live there and the day it ended they picked up the me and the person I was with and we did the zoo that afternoon. I'm sure it's changed a lot since then, and I also don't remember much about it as I was easily tired during that time period. We tend to stick to zoos that are AZA approved and have to meet all the standards, there are some really bad places still.

Diane Sue great job with Raw Balance & Strength, Raw String Along Glutes, Raw Stretch Flow, and the foam rolling.

High Judy and Carolyn.

Today I did yoga for 18 minutes and 42 calories burned. It’s raining again, off and on, but not bad overall. I look at Houston and the other places with flooding and I know that I can’t complain.

Diane Sue, great job with the Raw Workouts and stretch, CDorner step, and lower body foam rolling.

Cathy, great job with Low Max/Body Max step combos, Live Core Strength express, and STS 2 Total Body Stretch. I always enjoyed the step combos from those two workouts.

Hello to Valerie and Judy.

This morning I did an All Out Low Impact Hiit workout I put together that has no equipment, light weights, step and discs that was about 30 minutes, then I did Stretch Max with the ball and after breakfast I did STS 2 Extreme Chest and Triceps #1.

Carolyn great job with the yoga. Places like Houston are a mess with the flooding, and Houston is unfortunately set up to very easily flood. I see a lot of flooding alerts for Fort Worth when they have heavy rain, too, though Nick hasn't been affected.

This morning I did Rev’d Up Rumble for 39 minutes and 263 calories burned. My average heart rate was 130 and maximum heart rate was 157. We determined that the pharmacy gave my husband the wrong medication which explains some of the issues that he has been having (including the increased falling) over the past few weeks. Today I went to the pharmacy and talked with the pharmacist. The doctors office confirmed that the prescription he sent over was not for the version of the medication that we were given. It’s all sorted out now and I came home with the correct prescription.

Cathy, nice job with All Out Low Impact HiiT, Stretch Max, and STS 2 Extreme Chest and Triceps. We used to live in Central Texas, first San Antonio then Killeen. I’m glad that we didn’t retire there as we had originally planned to do.

Hello to Valerie, Judy, and Diane Sue.

I just read Cathe’s newsletter article on food frauds, a topic that is very important to me. It’s one reason that I spend a lot of time researching foods that we eat and ingredients that I buy. I buy very few highly processed foods and make most things from scratch. At the farmers market I can talk with the farmers and vendors about how they grow or prepare their items. Fake olive oil and honey, cheap fish substituted for more expensive varieties, so many things to be aware of!

Last edited:
Lots of rain yesterday and today. we get light rain for a long time, not the texas style flooding rains. I did therapy only yesterday. nothing yet today.
we need to do a refrigerator switch around tomorrow. planned to get a cheap garage refrigerator to replace the 35 yo one we have. something is tripping the breaker and we suspect the fridge. we looked at them but old style ones the door swing is too wide. we are among the odd people who actually park our cars in the garage and the door will hit the front of the car. we will get a new one for kitchen, and move the existing one (7-8) yo to the garage. appliance folks come sometime tomorrow. a lot of food will get shuffled. Im trying a french door this time instead of side by sides. I have one in MT and like the wide refrigerator shelves much better.

Carolyn that is concerning. whenever something is not right, it's good to check medications for questions. mistakes get made. sometimes the manufacturer of the drug changes and that causes issues too.

I avoid most processed foods, although I make exceptions for chips! I do a lot of from scratch cooking. tastes better and minimizes weird ingredients.

I should take another try at rev'd up rumble. I only did part of it a couple weeks ago.

Today I did a 45 minute Peloton Ride and 45 minutes of Yin Yoga.

Cathy-Great job with your Low Max/Body Max 2 step combo, Live Core Strength Express, STS 2 Total Body Stretch, All Out Low Impact Hiit, Stretch Max with the ball and STS 2 Extreme Chest and Triceps #1. That's a lot of work in 2 days!

Carolyn-Great job with yoga and Rev’d Up Rumble. I'm sorry about the problem with your husband's prescription. I hope he will be feeling better with the right prescription.

Hi to Valerie & Diane Sue

Today I did Killer Legs, timesaver #2. That was 27 minutes and 127 calories burned. Average heart rate 117 and maximum heart rate 136.

Judy, great job with 45 minutes of Peloton rides and 45 minutes of Yin Yoga. My husband is definitely doing better now that his prescription has been corrected.

Valerie, good luck with the refrigerator switch. We have a full sized upright freezer in our garage, but I park my car on one side.

Cathy, I agree with Judy, you’ve gotten in a lot of workouts recently.

Diane Sue, I hope that you are not impacted by the tornadoes.

Have a nice day everyone.

No workout Saturday and Sunday. I was not feeling well. Just nausea and dizziness that seems to be hanging on. Somewhat better today. This morning, I did CDorner Step Hiit 28 minutes, 140 calories, heart rate 129/152. I then did CDorner Day 5 of her workout challenge she is doing Mobility/Flexibility-rest and restore 28 minutes, 58 calories. I wanted to get some movement in, but not much time for a longer workout. Whole Foods showed up with my order in the middle of the mobility. Total time was 58 minutes, 198 calories. Hopefully I can get in a weight workout tomorrow.

Refrigerator came yesterday. delivery crew was more than an hour early. I had to empty two refrigerators in an instant, because I was waiting until the last hour to do it. they apparently called DH's phone but he didnt answer because he didnt recognize the number. his phone ... I didnt even hear it. hello, every service person uses their own phone to call not a company phone, so it was a fast scramble instead of at least a few minutes warning. they hauled away our 35 yo one, moved the kitchen one to the garage and brought new one in. fits! only one small issue that seems to have resolved itself. the garage appliances need to go along an inside wall. a full swing fridge door will hit the front of all vehicles as both cars are the same length. a side by side has narrower doors. we ended up spending more than planned but new refrigerators don't last 35 yrs anymore. our kitchen one is 7 yrs old. it has an water/ice we cant use in the garage but thats usually the first thing to go. maybe the fridge itself will run longer. feels like the right decision. got done without a multi-week wait for delivery with big box stores.

terrible weather in the midwest. diane sue sounds like you're ok. I could not live with that threat.

did therapy yesterday but have taken several days in a row off. I pulled a muscle in my neck/upper back doing something so might take another day off today. really uncomfortable.

Last edited:
Today I did KCM’s Cardio Quick Fix workout one for 26 minutes and 182 calories burned. Average heart rate 131 and maximum heart rate 149. I had virtual WW then went to Costco to pick up a few things—coffee beans being the number one need!

Diane Sue, I’m glad that you are feeling better. Nice job with CDorner Step and Mobility.

Valerie, your husband sounds like mine with the cellphone! The new refrigerator that I bought is a side by side for the very reason that you mentioned. It’s slightly smaller than our old one and I really miss that little bit of extra space. I bought a new Kitchen Aid mixer last week, something I hated to do. My 30 year old one was of much better quality, but it’s dying. The beaters and dough hook on the new one are much lighter in weight. Now I have 3 mixers—the Bosch Universal Plus that I use for kneading bread and the two Kitchen Aid mixers. I bought the Bosch in 2012 when it first started milling my own flour. It’s much better for that than the KA.

Hello to Judy and Cathy.

Last edited:
Carolyn I'm very cautious about unknown callers. when I expect a call and need to give our gate code to get in, I make an exception. I had a couple minutes only because I saw their truck drive by to turn around to back down the driveway. steep driveway so I had all of 7 minutes to empty two refrigerators. they give a 2 hour window for delivery. too long to leave all the refrigerated things sitting out. it turned into a frantic unloading.

Thats something I never owned, a stand mixer. my mother had several and most people I know have one. I never did my own flour. have an old bread machine but always bought flour. I am a decent baker but did it with a KA hand mixer. They're big and heavy and do a great job but i never made the leap.
this is a KA refrigerator. I got a fairly simple one. thru-the-door- water and ice, french door. I LOVE it. I was worried about the freezer drawer coming too close to the island but its fine.

Ended up making yesterday my rest day. This morning I did STS 2 Body Parts Shoulders and them I went to the zoo. Got in 11,000 steps there. After that I stopped and got my Mom flowers for Mothers day and went to visit them. They are not far at all from Portage where the tornadoes went through yesterday. The one taking out the FedEx building. My GPS said there may be issues on my route due to the tornado, but the only issue I had was a couple traffic lights out after I turned off the highway. Even though 94 goes through part of Portage I didn't see any of them damage from the highway. We didn't get anything but light-moderate rain from the storms, my brother who is about 20 minutes NE of me had heavy rain.

Valerie one of the only times I answer unknown calls is when I'm expecting a delivery. OTOH my husband who hates is work cell phone and doesn't have a personal one, always has to answer every call because so many of his work calls are from various municipalities or the engineering companies working on his projects. That is a very fast turnaround for emptying a fridge. I hope the new one works out. I hope your pulled muscle heals quickly.

Carolyn great job with Killer Legs, timesaver #2 and KCM’s Cardio Quick Fix.

Diane Sue great job with CDorner Step Hiit, and mobility/flexibility.

Judy great job with the Peloton ride and yoga.

Today I did Step Boss PHA 3, 66 minutes, heart rate 110/141, 230 calories and added the bonus lying extended stretch, 10 minutes, 20 calories. Total time 76 minutes, 250 calories. I chose this because it was lighter weight and I forgot how intense it really is. Still not feeling that well. Last time I did this was 4 years ago.

Today I did Ramped Up Upper Body, 57 minutes and 190 calories burned. My average heart rate was 105 and maximum heart rate was 143.

Cathy, I’m so glad that your parents were okay with tornadoes so close by. Great job with Body Parts Shoulders and walking at the zoo.

Diane Sue, great job with Step Boss PHA 3. That one is my least favorite of the PHAs.

Hello to Valerie and Judy.

We did a road ride yesterday for an hour and fifteen minutes and did a mt bike this morning for 1.5 hours.
we have several really nice weather days now. Ugh, cathy, tornadoes scare the crap out of me. Ive said that before. seeing camera footage of swirling storm clouds puts me into the past and how scary it was.

I had planned to empty the fridges at a leisurely pace by the beginning of the 2 hour delivery slot. had a cooler and boxes sitting ready to go. I heard DH's phone ring and him not pick up so I assumed a spam call. I was at the computer in my office a few minutes later when I saw the delivery truck pass by. they go past our driveway and turn around so they can back down more easily. 3 really big men. I swear they were all 3x as big as DH or me. younger people are just so much bigger!! anyway, I got it done but I thought the same thing. we're expecting a delivery, and know they will call from the entrance gate, why the hell didn't he pick up the phone? it would have been less frantic. who knows what goes thru his head sometimes?

Today I did STS 2 Body Parts Legs one set premix and managed to leave to go shopping at a decent time. While I have a plan for how the fridge/freezer food should be set up, no one else I live with gets it. So, things end up all over. So, when I got home I rearranged the freezer and put that stuff away, then I did the same for the fridge. Then later played where can I stick the produce. It's a small fridge and a few years ago we were just about to get a new, bigger one and DH decided not to. OTOH it's still working long past the number of years a newer one will, but OTOH it would be so helpful to have a bigger one.

Valerie it's great that you got in two good rides. And I long ago gave up trying to figure out what goes through my DH's head.

Carolyn great job with Ramped Up Upper Body.

Diane Sue great job with Step Boss PHA 3. I hope you get back to feeling 100% soon.

Hi Judy!

Tuesday I did Live PHA Super Sets #2 and 15 minutes of rowing. Yesterday I did a 30 minute Peloton ride and a 20 minute walk. Today I worked 6 hours and did 25 minutes of rowing afterwards.

Carolyn-Great job with Killer Legs, timesaver #2, Cardio Quick Fix workout one and Ramped Up Upper Body. Ramped Up Upper is one of my favorites.

Diane Sue-I’m sorry you haven’t been feeling well. Great job with the CDorner workouts and Step Boss PHA 3. That’s another one that I need to revisit. I hope you feel much better soon.

Valerie- I’m glad you got our refrigerator but sorry that you only had a few minutes to empty your old ones. I’m sorry about your neck/upper back. I hope it feels better soon.

Cathy-Great job with STS 2 Body Parts Shoulders, all the steps at the zoo and STS 2 Body Parts Legs one set premix. The bad storms missed us for the most part this week. We had rain, wind and a little thunder but nothing too bad.

Today I did CDorner Step Aerobics #37 42 minutes, 222 calories, heart rate 133/155, 3829 steps. I added Raw String a long abs, 15 minutes, 68 calories, heart rate 119/143 and finished with CDorner mobility challenge day 12 upper body and day 18 chest and shoulders (I love this one) 28 minutes, 50 calories. I need some lower stretching but needed the upper area more. Total time was 85 minutes, 340 calories, 4,192 steps.
It is late and I need to get to bed. I will try to come back tomorrow. We have a busy weekend coming up.

Today I did P 30 Low Impact HiiT and the Extended Stretch. That was 38 minutes and 233 calories burned. Average heart rate 125 and maximum heart rate 151.

Valerie, great job with the road ride and mountain biking. There is a 72 year old man in my Wednesday morning WW meeting who is an avid biker. He reminds me of you when he talks about his activities.

Cathy, nice job with STS 2 Body Parts Legs, one set premix.

Judy, great job with Live PHA Supersets #2, Peloton ride, walking, and rowing. You’ve had a nice workout week.

Diane Sue, great job with CDorner step aerobics, Raw String Along Abs, and CDorner Mobility.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.