Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 4/14/2024

Today I did my usual yoga/mobility for 18 minutes.

Judy, thanks for starting the thread this week.

Diane Sue, nice job with Raw Drop Sets express, TBTS Sculpt Shadow Boxing, and Raw Stretch. I’m glad that you felt better and enjoyed a day out with your husband.

Cathy, great job with STS 2 Lower Body 1. I’m sure that you will be glad that you made the trip. Enjoy.

Hello to Valerie.

Today I did a 45 minute Peloton Power Zone ride and 15 minutes of cool down and stretching.

Cathy-Great job with STS 2 Lower Body 1. Have a wonderful trip!

Carolyn-Great job with your yoga/mobility work.

Diane Sue- Great job with Raw Dropsets Express, TBTS Raw Sculpt Shadow Boxing and Raw Stretch Flow. I'm glad you are feeling better.

Hi to Valerie

Good afternoon. Today I did Low Impact Sweat, workout one. That was 28 minutes and 172 calories burned. My average heart was 126 and maximum heart rate was 145.

Judy, great job with the 45 minute Peloton ride and 15 minutes of cool down and stretching.

Hello to Cathy, Diane Sue, and Valerie.

Today I did STS #2 Giant Sets 56 minutes, 178 calories, heart rate 105/149. I finished off with STS #2 mobility #1, 20 minutes. 38 calories. 76 minutes total time, 216 calories.

I am back. It was so hot yesterday at 90 and we were out putting out mulch and planting junipers to replace the ones that died two years ago. Not the best weather for outside work. It is cloudy and cooling back down though. I lightened up some of the moves in Giant sets today. Just being careful. I have not been doing much for lower body since before I landed on my knees.

Cathy, nice work on STS 2 Lower Body one yesterday. I hope you have a nice trip.

Carolyn, good job on yesterday's yoga and today's Low Impact Sweat workout #1.

Judy, nice work on the Peloton Power Zone Ride and 15 minutes of cool down and stretching.

This morning I did XTrain Chest, Back, and Shoulders, rounds 1-6. My time was 45 minutes with 210 calories burned, average heart rate 116, and maximum heart rate 144.

Diane Sue, great job with STS 2 Giant Sets and Mobility #2. Our weather was also hot yesterday with temperatures in the mid 80’s. Not the best for yard work, but you get it done when you can.

Hello to Judy, Cathy, and Valerie. Have a wonderful day everyone.

Today I did Raw Kickbox NRG 32 minutes, 172 calories, heart rate 133/168 heart rate, 1,377 steps. I followed it with Raw Box a Better Waistline, 29 minutes, 158 calories, heart rate 138/166, 1,532 steps. I finished off with CDorner Full Body mobility flow day 13, 13 minutes, 19 calories. Total time was 74 minutes, 349 calories, 2,909 steps. I feel so sorry for my granddaughter. She is home with the new baby and now has covid. What a thing to add to her recovery time and taking care of her new little one. Fortunately her husband gets some leave time as well and is there to help.

Carolyn, nice work on Low Impact Sweat workout 1. I figure the temps are better now to get things done for starting the season than when it is unbearably hot outside. I went out this afternoon and got some more things done. My roses are all blooming now.

This morning I did KCM’s Cardio Quick Fix workout one, 26 minutes and 181 calories burned. My average heart rate was 129 and maximum heart rate was 147.

Diane Sue, great job with Raw Kickboxing NRG, Raw Box a Better Waistline, and CDorner Full Body Mobility. I’m so sorry that your granddaughter has Covid while caring for her newborn. That’s tough. I hope that she gets better soon.

Hello to Cathy, Judy, and Valerie.

Got home yesterday and I'll try and play catch up. Beautiful day for driving. Clear and sunny and very little traffic heads north on Sundays. After I checked into the hotel, I went and walked along the bay, ordered pasta and had my weekly family chat. Picked Aliah up from work at 9 and headed for the park to see if the salamanders were out. After there strange, mild winter the last couple weeks weather has been all over the place. Overall it's been dryer and warmer than the salamanders like for migration. We did see a few hiding in crevices under big rocks, but none out in the open. Monday was an excellent day. I did Live Kickbox Express, had breakfast and then I went and climbed Sugarloaf, wasn't picking Aliah up till 1, so I went and a few miles further down the road and decided to hike where we were going in the afternoon. I'd never been there and I knew with Oliver along we wouldn't be doing a real hike. Headed out but I was constrained on time, so I turned around and then overshot the path to the parking lot. Came to signs that made no sense and realized that I'd walked to far when I checked my distance, so I turned around. Was able to get the parking lot of google maps, not the trails because it's wooded, but I followed my little dot back. The sign that would have directed me to the parking lot, is flush with the trail and I'd apparently been looking the other way and gone right past it. Ended up walking for over an hour and a half. We went back later with the dog and walked a bit, then after I took her home, I went out to Presque Isle and walked some paths I'd never done. Went back that evening with her roommate to look for salamanders, but didn't even stay till dark because the weather just wasn't conducive to them appearing. I finished the day with 27,000+ steps and 8 1/2 miles. The next morning I did the upper body premix of Boss Bands. Then I walked the other side of Presque Isle before heading home. Another clear sunny day with light traffic. While I didn't get to see the salamanders out moving around, it was still a really great trip. Only downside was my shins now hate me. LOL I think at times I must have been leaning forward when I was walking and climbing which they don't like and also because so many of the trails and tree roots and rocks and so many constantly changing heights of stepping up and down I was using them in ways they clearly weren't fans of. Definitely would like to go up and camp later this year. Also, made me want to go back to Mackinac Island again, but searching hotel prices even off season in the fall, made me realize that even in the 5 years since I've stayed prices have gotten so high it's just not feasible. This morning because of my shins, I opting to do the Barre Bonus from Killer Legs and then I did the Extended Stretch from Step Boss.

Valerie I'm glad you had a good time and got in lots of hiking.

Carolyn great job with Low Impact Sweat, workout one, XTrain Chest, Back, and Shoulders, and KCM’s Cardio Quick Fix.

Diane Sue nice job with STS #2 Giant Sets, Mobility 1, Raw Kickbox NRG, Raw Box a Better Waistline, and mobility. I hope your granddaughter feels better very soon.

Judy great job with the Peloton ride.

Today I did Coffey Fit Raw Mega Mix 2 first part (just was not in to it), 26 minutes 97 calories, heart rate 109/138. I was so messed up on the moves and realized I was looking at a print out of Mega Mix 1. Meanwhile I was getting annoyed with it. I went on and did CDorner Shoulders/arms from 9 days ago 27 minutes, 99 calories, heart rate 106/137. I think my shoulders will need a break before I hit them again. This is mainly shoulders. I ran out of town and need to go back and do some shoulder stretching today. Total time was 53 minutes, 196 calories.

Monday I worked 8 hours and got enough exercise there so no extra workout. Yesterday I did 80 minutes of Peloton rides and today I did STS 2- Lower Body 1, Express Premix #1 (31 minutes) and 10 minutes of Peloton Core work.

Carolyn-Great job with Low Impact Sweat, workout one, XTrain Chest, Back, and Shoulders, rounds 1-6 and Cardio Quick Fix workout one.

Diane Sue-Great job with STS #2 Giant Sets, STS #2 mobility #1, Raw Kickbox NRG, Box a Better Waistline, CDorner Full Body mobility flow day, the first part of Raw Mega Mix 2 and CDorner Shoulders/arms. I’m so sorry that your granddaughter has Covid. I hope she feels better soon.

Cathy- Great job with Live Kickbox Express, Barre Bonus from Killer Legs and the Extended Stretch from Step Boss. It sounds like you had a fun trip and got a lot of exercise too. That is a lot of steps!

Valerie-Hope you have a safe trip home.

Today I did XTrain Bis and Tris, rounds 1-5, and Core 1. My time was 42 minutes with 156 calories burned. Average heart rate 108 and maximum heart rate 166.

Valerie, I hope that you have a good trip home.

Cathy, your trip up now sounds like a good one. Great job with the hiking, Killer Legs Bonus Barre, and the Extended Stretch.

Diane Sue, great job with Coffeyfit Raw Mega Mix and CDorner shoulders/arms.

Judy, great job with the Peloton rides, STS 2 Lower Body 1 express, and Peloton Core work.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

No workout today because I shopped.

Carolyn great job with XTrain Bi's and Tri's and Core.

Judy great job with the Peloton ride, STS 2- Lower Body 1 and Peloton Core.

Diane Sue great job with Coffey Fit Raw Mega Mix 2, and CDorner Shoulders/arms.

Valerie I hope you are having a smooth trip back.

Today I did CDorner Step #372 plus some from a step hiit with weights that I stopped because I did not want to do on and off step jacks, 37 minutes 163 calories heart rate116/146, 3,711 steps. I finished with STS 2 mobility 2 plus a little more stretch, 25 minutes, 48 calories. Total time was 62 minutes 211 calories. My shoulders are still feeling yesterday's workout. It may change my plans on what weights I do tomorrow.

Judy, nice work on yesterday's 80 minutes of Peloton rides and today's STS 2 Lower Body 1, Express Premix #1 31 minutes and 10 minutes of Peloton Core work.

Carolyn, nice work on XTrain Bis and Tris, rounds 1-5, and Core 1.

Cathy, it sound like you enjoyed your trip. Nice work with Boss Bands Upper body work and then the next day getting in live kickbox and barre work bonus from Killer Legs and the stretch from Step Boss.

drove home yesterday from the halfway point in idaho. we should have waited and left later in the morning but it was very cold and extremely windy. the campground is next to a wildlife refuge. it was too crummy out to look at birds. it was below 32 as all the sprinkler water was freezing, making lovely white circles on the fields. anyway, we thought we were early enough to beat the worst part of rush on a weekday. we were not. the last 2 hours were awful. in a camper you are not 'agile" and little cars do not appreciate your presence and cut no slack. 10 hours of "decent" and 2 hours of fricking awful for a total 12 hour drive. I have a lot to do now so will talk more about the area in a few days. we cut off the last part of the trip because we were tired of the area and it was too hot for me. air temps dont sound bad but the sun is relentless and you need to wear clothes to cover your skin. sunscreen will not cut it IMO. the more southerly part of the trip would be even warmer and more exposed. I'd need to go in February! we hiked a lot and saw a lot so it was a very good trip, justm a couple days shorter than planned. .

Last edited:
Today I did XTrain Cardio Leg Blast, rounds 1-6. My time was 37 minutes and 218 calories burned. Average heart rate 122 and maximum heart rate 143. I had to run a few errands after my workout.

Diane Sue, nice job with CDorner Step and Mobility 2 plus other stretching. Cardio Leg Blast has a nice stretch at the end of the workout. That’s something that I’ve noticed with Cathe’s older workouts which is one reason that they are longer.

Cathy, nice job with MMA Kickboxing/Boxing. That’s one workout that I was never interested in doing. I’m not sure why.

Valerie, glad that you are home. It sounds like the trip was mostly good. Can’t wait to hear more.

Hello to Judy.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.