Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 3/27

This morning I did Jane Adams Gentle Yoga Morning Energy practice for 18 minutes. Today is my usual rest day, so that’s it for me. Have a wonderful day everyone.

Today I did a 30 minute Peloton ride. I had several active rest days last week and am seeing that I need to do that more often. I enjoy my workouts much more if I take regular rest days.

Carolyn-Nice job with Jane Adams Gentle Yoga. That sounds like a perfect rest day!

Hi to Valerie, Diane Sue & Cathy

good morning. we drove yesterday 11 hours. driving anywhere today doesn't sound like fun. we are going to mt bike the low road right from our house. we can see a command center established at the trailhead so expect this will be an active site until the bear is found. we knew bears frequent the area. this is pretty big wild country.

Yesterday I did Cardio Boxing with Stability Ball Abs. Really was having a hard time getting into it and normally I love doing stability ball for abs, but not this one. Today was first leg workout of Meso 4 using the barbell. I'm short enough that the top level for the barbell on my tower is right at my shoulders, so I can just stand in front of or behind it to get the weight on and off my shoulders. Used the vest for some of it. No way I could get the weight I can do for the exercises over my head to put it on my shoulders. Going to stretch in a minute.

Carolyn great job keeping the yoga going!

Judy nice job with the Peloton ride!

Valerie glad you made it there safely. Grizzly have a pretty big range right, so it could take awhile to find it, if they ever do. Hope your ride goes well!

Today I did Cardio Party for 39 minutes and 299 calories burned. Average heart rate was 137 and maximum heart rate was 160. Youngest daughter is here for two days. That’s always a nice surprise.

Judy, nice job with the Peloton ride. I agree that workouts are more enjoyable when you allow adequate rest days. I have learned to embrace them and I consider them a part of my training.

Valerie, I’m glad that your ride was uneventful.

Cathy, great job with Cardio Boxing with Stability Ball Abs and the first workout from Meso 4.

Hello to Diane Sue.

I take that back about the command center. there is nothing at the trailhead today, not even a sign. we think we saw the top of a large horse trailer yesterday. maybe they won't pursue it aggressively. cathy you are correct, a bear could be 50 miles away from here now and this area has a lot of bears. would be hard to identify the guilty one. in the park itself, bears are managed more closely and officials seem to know which bear or bears they are looking for. after the extensive search for the victim with horses, atv's and helicopters, the bear is long gone.

did anyone look at the weekly cathe newsletter? it was so funny to see a long section about jennifer aniston with a pic of jody foster. small technical error! they don't look alike.

we did a long mt bikeride this morning. 10 miles ( 2 hours) on low roads. not flat, very windy, and serious washboard in some of the gravel. we could ride up into the area where the grizzly atttack took place but did not feel it was wise yet. we always ride with bear spray in our bottle holders on the bike frame and we would be on roads not in the trees or trails but didnt feel good about it. maybe in a few days.

Valerie, I saw that picture in Cathe’s newsletter. My first thought was “that is not Jennifer Anniston”. I didn’t recognize it as Jodie Foster.

carolyn I'm good at faces. DH is terrible at it.... a standing joke for us. He wouldnt recognize his own sister sometimes. I don't follow Hollywood gossip, don't do as well with newer "stars", but if I've seen a movie or TV series with someone, I recognize them again. I've seen a lot of Jodie foster movies. Im sure it works the other way around too, with younger people not recognizing older stars.

we watched last part of the Oscars while we ate dinner mainly to watch "something" and decompress after a long drive. as everyone knows now, it was quite the show.

we just finished an excellent series starring one of my favorite actresses, Nicola Walker. The Split on Hulu. two seasons with a third season in the works. a British family/legal drama with personal lives factoring into their work. so good! I highly recommend. we run subtitles on most things we watch especially British but mostly not needed except for occasional different British expression.

going to try to ski or snowshoe today but not sure if it will work. it has been a dry year here and it might not work.

did not work for us. too nasty out. came home and did stacked upper body and the abs #2.

Last edited:
This morning I did P30 Perfect Pump Upper Body for 37 minutes and 194 calories burned. Average heart rate was 121 and maximum heart rate was 151. I also added the Extended Stretch for an additional 8 minutes and 17 calories.

Valerie, I don’t watch a lot of movies, but I’m usually pretty good with faces from the news and other media. I haven’t seen Jodie Foster in anything in years. I definitely can’t recognize a lot of the pop culture stars now. I did one of the NYT quizzes for naming the people pictured and I knew all of the older people and very few of the younger ones .

Hello to Cathy, Judy, and Diane Sue.

Today I did a 30 minute Peloton ride, then KCM Power Splits-Upper Body. I finished with Core Max workout 1, (no equipment) Total time was about 70 minutes.

Carolyn-Great job with Cardio Party and P30 Perfect Pump Upper Body. I don't watch a lot of movies either and don't recognize most of the current pop culture stars.

Valerie-Nice job with the ride. That is awful about the bear incident. I'm sure you are right, that bear is long gone from the area after all the activity that took place during the search.

Cathy, Great job doing Cardio Boxing with Stability Ball Abs and the STS Leg workout.

Hi to Diane Sue

This morning I did High Intensity Cardio Step. Definitely not as hard as intensity. This will be short cause Chester is laying on my left arm.

Valerie I hope you are able to do some kind of activity today.

Carolyn great job with P30 Perfect Pump Upper Body and stretch!

Judy nice mix with 30 minute Peloton ride, then KCM Power Splits-Upper Body and CoreMax!

This morning I did Cardio Quick Fix, 25 minutes and 188 calories burned. On Wednesday mornings I have a WW meeting and I look for a short straight forward workout. Cardio Quick Fix is perfect for that.

Judy, great job with the 30 minute Peloton ride, Power Splits Upper Body, and Core Max.

Cathy, nice job with High Intensity Cardio Step.

Hello to Valerie and Diane Sue.

finished week 1 of Meso 3. Shoulders, Biceps and triceps. Only had issues with one exercise, and made a note to stay at the same weight next week. Probably should drop down a pound because I really wasn't getting full range.

Carolyn great job with Cardio Quick Fix!

Did a hike today, not many miles but they were tough ones. 6 hrs 15 min. started at 5200 feet and went up on a gravelly/rocky sunny slope. 20 degrees to start and felt like 80 on the way down. really pretty but I am taking tomorrow off for sure.

cathy we've seen sand hills several places here, and I saw the first osprey today. lots of buebirds already. wise to go down a pound if its a bit too much. I would not want to risk an injury just to hit a number. i would try doing more reps with lighter weight for a bit before jumping to the heavier one. that always helped me to transition up.

Last edited:
This morning I did a 30 minute Peloton ride with a 10 minute stretch afterwards. I had a hair appointment this afternoon and did some grocery shopping after that.

Carolyn-Great job with Cardio Quick Fix. That's a good one.

Cathy-Great job with Meso 3 Shoulders, Biceps and Triceps. I really want to do a round of STS this year. I just need to plan it out and get motivated to start.

Valerie-That was a long hike! Great job! It sounds pretty tough too.

Hi to Diane Sue

This morning I did P30 Perfect Pump Lower Body and the Extended Stretch. My time as 42 minutes with 187 calories burned. Average heart rate was 115 and maximum heart rate was 148.

Cathy, nice job finishing week 1 of Meso 3. It’s a good idea not to push your body beyond where it wants to be with weights.

Valerie, that’s quite a hike that you had yesterday. You have more than earned a day off!

Judy great job with the 30 minute Peloton ride and 10 minute stretch. I haven’t had a hair appointment since the beginning of the pandemic. I really miss it.

Hello to Diane Sue.

day off today as planned. carolyn you need to get scheduled and in & get your hair done! 2 years is too long. i cut back frequency and wore a mask, but never stopped. . I would still wear a mask if it felt questionable.

Today I did Raw Cardio Fit HI/Lo warm up clip from Raw and went on to do Burpee Girl Cardio Diet Dance, 42:40 minutes, heart rate 139/170, 3,138 steps. I then did CDorner 10-minute abs no equipment, 13 minutes, 30 calories, 12 steps, heart rate 83/104. Total time 48 minutes, 282 calories, 3,150 steps. I was supposed to have someone come out to fix some sprinkler heads and turn on our sprinklers today. They called this morning and changed to tomorrow. Now I have to get home asap from PT tomorrow for them. I hope they don't change the time again. Things have been so busy. We went on our anniversary trip. Tuesday was PT and Wednesday was PT. Tuesday I came home from PT and had lunch and did Boss loops hips and glutes standing workout. PT is getting longer at about an hour and 15 minutes. He is adding more weight work and less tubing and bands. I looked at my surgeons protocol and we are into the 12th week already. I go to the surgeon's office in two weeks.

That is funny about Jennifer Anisten and Jody Foster. They do not look alike at all. Jennifer Anisten has been doing a lot of ads for Vital Proteins products.

I will check back when I can. I need to get to bed as I have PT in the morning.

Last edited:
I had an early appointment this morning so no workout today.

Diane Sue, great job with your combination of workouts. You seem to be almost back to normal.

Valerie, I can’t decide if I want to go back to the hair salon schedule that I had. My hair appointments take 3-4 hours for each appointment and I went every 2 weeks. That’s in addition to the 1 hour travel time. I am trying to decide if I want to continue with the natural hair that I have now or if I will go back to straightening and curling. My hair type is high maintenance!

Hello to Judy and Cathy.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.