Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 3/05/2023

Traildoggie

Cathlete
Good morning.

judy so sorry you lost power again. hope you get hooked up before monday. time crawls while you wait. cats have fur coats, they will be fine. same for you Cathy. I dont miss the midwest snow much. looks like we wont get any here this year, at least nothing we have to shovel. we got a fair amount 2 weeks ago but it was warming back up and raining so no need to remove it.

really all the medical /dental stuff is exhausting and some of it is hard to deal with.

Just finished Cardio Kick and Punch. Has a section in the middle with no gloves that is mixed cardio, and legs, before and after that standard kickboxing stuff and finishes on the bags. Thankfully we had no issues with power this time, and the snow is rapidly leaving. Between the sun and above freezing temps a lot was gone yesterday and it's already 40 out now and going to be sunny again. Derek's flight went well and they are all set for the week.

Judy hope your power comes back sooner than expected. Great job getting in a Peloton ride. Our cats never care about it getting cold in the house. The two who have access to the outdoors, do care when it's cold and nasty outside and become totals pains in the butt in the house because they don't know what to do with themselves. Our neighbors have a whole house generator and I always have the job of letting them know when the power is back because they can't tell. And one of them keeps his phone on all night, so my instructions included letting him know at any time. LOL

Diane Sue nice job with 30 minute Low Impact Cardio All Standing, 5000 Steps Low Impact Cardio, and mobility. Sorry to hear about the pain you are having, pain in that area is rough.

Valerie I'm sure all the medical stuff is very hard. (((Hugs)))

Good afternoon. I did my usual yoga this morning.

Valerie, nice job with the spin bike, XTrain Abs, and therapy exercises.

Cathy, nice job with ICE Chiseled Upper Body and Cardio Kick and Punch. I’m glad that your son made his flight. I’m sure that he will enjoy Phoenix.

Judy, I’m sorry that you are still dealing with these power outages.

Diane Sue, nice job with CDorner cardio and mobility.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Reactions: WD
we did a road ride today, our standard 15 mile on a bike trail nearby. too cold early, very frosty, but then pretty nice after lunch. way too busy then but we rode anyway. had gone about 12 miles when DH got a flat tire. took a long time to get it fixed. tire did not want to go back inside the rim. finally got it to work. ended up taking 2 hours due to the tire issues. also did a lot of yard work this morning. my back is killing me now. so glad I see someone about it tuesday. it seems to be deteriorating quickly for no particular reason.
judy hope your power came back sooner. cathy hope you snow continues to disappear.

Thanks everyone, we just got our power back an hour ago. Earlier today they gave us an estimate of Tuesday so it was a pleasant surprise to get it back this evening.

Valerie-Great job with the road ride and yard work. I'm sorry about your back. It's good that you can see someone about it on Tuesday.

Cathy-Great job with Cardio Kick and Punch. I'm glad you didn't lose power this time.

Carolyn-Great job with yoga.

Diane Sue-Great job with the CDorner 30 minute Low Impact Cardio workout. I'm sorry about the pain you are having.

Worked out early today and did Glutes and Core Galore and then after breakfast Live 30 Minute Hiit Express. That one is a mix of low and high impact. The leg workout uses 10-15's, stability ball, disks and mat. Now if I could just get up early and workout every day! And by early I mean 6 a.m. Derek and Aliah went and hiked in a natural area yesterday and he got some great pics. He was very happy with his first foray into the Arizona landscape.

Judy so glad you have your power back. It's always a wonderful surprise when it's sooner than expected.

Valerie sorry your ride got interrupted with the flat tire and that your back continues to give you such pain. I hope your appointment Tuesday sheds some light on the cause.

Carolyn nice job with the yoga!

cathy if they mt bike, there are great places to ride near phoenix. same trails are good walking trails too. if they go early in the morning animal tracks were good too. we saw interesting birds but not a lot of animals, but foot prints are the next best thing.

my back isnt actually painful but very achy, almost constant. much better this morning and seemed to improve after some stretching yesterday. still, I have structural issues that arent going away by themselves. so we will go do a hike with our neighbors this morning.

Today I did Cardio Slam, no mat cardio premix. That was 34 minutes and 238 calories burned. My average heart rate was 138 and maximum heart rate was 170.

Judy, I’m glad that your power is back. It’s good that it was earlier than predicted.

Valerie, nice job with your hike even though your husband ended up with a flat tire. I’m sorry that your back is aching.

Cathy, high fives for the early workout! Great job with Glutes and Core Galore and 30 Minute HiiT Express.

Hello to Diane Sue. Have a wonderful day everyone.

we did the hike today, 4 miles about 3 hours,. they go slower than we do plus had their dog who delayed things a bit. lots of plants but not many flowers yet. my back ached a lot but I did it and after I sit down for a while, driving its ok again. they are really nice people and we have a lot in common with them.

Today I did Live #212 Fit Legs. I also worked a 6 hour shift at Home Depot. Doing the workout right after work was a challenge but I'm glad I got it in. I didn't get much exercise in over the weekend so I needed to do something today.

Cathy-Great job with Glutes and Core Galore and Live 30 Minute Hiit Express.

Valerie-Great job with the hike. It's nice that you have neighbors that you can do things with.
I'm sorry that your back is aching.

Carolyn-Great job with the Cardio Slam premix.

Hi to Diane Sue

Today I had to wait till they came out to summerize our sprinkler system. I needed to talk to them and go over some work to be done. Afterwards I had grocery delivery, and finally settled for a little bit. I had to get outside and get started on some of the trimming plants and shrubs. Everything is starting to bud out. They are all quite a mess since last year dealing with healing, I did not get to it in spring. My foot is really hurting today so I just did some mild work. I did Boss Bands Lower Body and Core premix, 32 minutes, heart rate 94/121, 87 calories. I then did Raw Stretch and Tone 2, 18 minutes, 87 calories, (weird that both workouts were the same calorie burn). I don't remember a stretch and tone 1. This was a bit tough on the shoulders as it is a flow with light dumbbells and all standing. I started out with 5's like Kelly but picked up 3's for some moves. She drops to 2# the second time through all of the moves. Afterward I Did some of Raw Roll it Out, thought I should go to the end of it since I did not the last time. I did my own thing when it was something I thought was not safe, at least for me not safe. Time spent was 64 minutes, 194 calories. I did not track the steps.
I need to find a workout shoe that has lots of toe space. I could hardly wait to get my shoe off this morning. I switched to a bit oversized slip on athletic looking shoe, and it was a bit better, but with it my foot seems to slide forward in the shoe and puts more pressure on my forefoot on the bottom. I changed shoe inserts and no luck. I was looking at some Hoka shoes and a pair they had that was a recovery shoe and wondered if that would work for at least walking around. I dread going to the rheumatologist in April. I have hoped this would stop.

Judy, I am glad that you got power back on.

Cathy, nice work on Great Glutes and COre today and yesterday's Kick punch and crunch.

Carolyn, great job on Cardio Slam no mat mix.

Valerie, nice that you got out and did your usual road ride. I am sorry that your back is bothering you.

Was awake for quite awhile during the night, so no double workout today! Though given I fell back asleep around 5 and my alarm was set for 5:50, I should have just stayed up and worked out. LOL Ended up doing IMAX 3 intervals. Years ago I actually did that and worked out around 3 in the morning!

Valerie I'm so glad you've found friends to do things with and it sound like you got in a good hike. Dogs do definitely like to stop and check things out a lot! No biking for them as Derek is all about the photos and seeing wildlife. He got a couple really nice lizard pics.

Carolyn great job with Cardio Slam, no mat cardio premix.

Diane Sue sorry your foot is hurting. Nice job getting in Boss Bands Lower Body and Core premix, Raw Stretch and Tone 2 and Raw Roll it Out in amongst everything you had going on.

Judy great job with Live #212 Fit Legs, especially after working.

This morning I did Strong and Sweaty PHA, a timesaver with 4 segments instead of six. That was 35 minutes and 205 calories burned. My average heart rate was 127 and maximum heart rate was 148.

Great workouts everybody. Have a good day.

still rolling on medical appts. dental cleaning etc is done with a follow up in a few weeks for maybe a new night guard and a fix on a chipped tooth

diane sue, in the past I've had good luck with Brooks shoes., the toe boxes have a little more space and many come in a wide width if that helps. is not carved in stone though. I have several pairs of the exact same hiking boot bought the saem year, and the width varies a lot between the boots. my left foot has a bump that needs a wider spot. athletic shoe manufacturer design and source country can change, so what was true in 2022 might not be the same in 2023. good luck finding a place where you can try any on. I usually do mail order thru someone with a decent return/exchange policy. Ive had the brooks for a couple years.

Last edited:
This morning I did CDorner Fast Basic Step plus abs 80's music, 64 minutes, heart rate 125/162, 4,864 steps, 282 calories. I finished off With CDorner Stretch After Step, 18 minutes, 32 calories. Total time was 82 minutes, 314 calories. I liked this step workout. No slowing down throughout the workout and no fancy choreography. Music was pretty good. There was a couple of songs in there that I like. I went outside and got more work done in the yard before the rain hit this evening. I could see where the cable and electric company had took off some branches out of the box woods in the back. I tried to trim them up better. I need to do more. They are partially hanging over the side of the planter so I was trimming some off the bottom. The roses got so tall since I was not able to cut them back last year. The hyacinths are blooming :)
Cathy, sorry you had a wakeful night. I do not like clock watching. I tried resetting my alarm on my watch for an extra 30 minutes before I got ready for the sprinkler people and after 15 minutes thinking about what all I had to do, I just got up. Good for you getting in I Max 3. I woke up in the middle of the night last night with my foot in pain. It hurt having the bedding on it so I had to adjust. This morning I put Voltaran all over it and took some curcumin stuff I have and it felt somewhat better so I could work out. I have kept shoes off in the house though.

Carolyn, nice work with Strong and Sweaty PHA timesaver.

Valerie, my appointments start next week I think and flow for the next 3 months. I had some Brooks shoes at one time and the toe room was great, but the heel was too loose. I have skinny ankles and I had to stick a latex stick-on thing in the back of the shoe so it didn't slip up and down on me. I know what you mean about the same shoe changing from year to year. I have had that happen with New Balance. Reebok generally has a wider toe. I need height in the toe as well as width. Hard to find that and still a narrow heel. Wider width shoes do not work. My husband has purchased boots and shoes from Amazon with the try before you buy program. Although you can't wear the shoes out to work or whatever and change your mind. Amazon has Hoka shoes for way more money than what they are at the Hoka website. I saw someone say that on reviews. It is other sellers hiking up prices. two to three hundred is ridiculous. I used to buy from Zappos all of the time. I got a lot of pair of Dansko shoes from there. I hate returning things though.

This morning I did JS 30 Minute Fat Blaster. That was 30 minutes, 214 calories burned, average heart rate 134, and maximum heart rate 164.

Valerie, I hope that your appointments are going well. I agree it’s hard to find a place where you can actually try on athletic shoes without driving a long distance. There is one store near me that has a nice selection of running shoes and good customer service. I like cross trainers for my cardio workouts and I’m having trouble finding what I want.

Diane Sue, great job with the CDORNER step, abs, and stretch. You were very industrious with the yard work. Unfortunately that is not something I enjoy at all. Good luck with finding the right workout shoes. I order from Zappos, but I haven’t even able to find the right cross trainers.

Hello to Cathy and Judy.

around here most special shoe places have disappeared leaving places like REI. fine to shop there but I seldom find my size in the shoe I want to try and end up doing mail order anyway. used Zappos too. it makes you stick to the brand you have already that worked rather than letting you compare brands. I've ordered shoes for my sister from amazon because she can't get anywhere to shop.

we wanted to ski this morning and drove to mts but there was much more snow than last time and we could barely get off the hwy. the snow itself was awful so waste of time. came back and loaded the bikes and did a road ride for 1hr 20 min.
results of my appt yesterday is that I've developed spinal stenosis and the best thing to try is cortisone injections. Im not thrilled at the prospect but it's an in office procedure and the only choice. how well it works depends on how you respond to it. also looking at a colonoscopy and cataract surgery. none of those is especially life threatening or awful but it is starting to feel like all I do is go from medical office to medical office.

diane sue I'm sure you can get stick- in place heel padding to take up space in the shoes. usually you get the size for the largest/ bumpiest part of your foot and use space fillers to take up the extra space in the rest of the shoe. I like superfeet inserts but they are specific to your foot and needs for support. what works for me likely wont work for you.

This morning I did Tower Circuit Sweat Express. I used my Fit Tower and the new bars, depending on the exercise as it was both upper and lower body using the band for some things. DH had to go into the office all day, I was not sad about this. LOL I got so much cleaning done that is hard when he's here. Moved everything out of the dining room, and steam mopped the kitchen, dining room and living room. Moved and cleaned everything on the counters, small appliances, a couple carts we have things on. All stuff that's harder when someone is going in and out of the space all day, and getting calls and doing video conferencing so noise has to be minimal.

Going to have to reschedule Mopsy's vet appointment Friday. They are now predicting 6-10" here and it's going to start early enough that I am not going out. Rather a repeat of last Friday. Hopefully by the time Derek and Aliah fly back Saturday things will be cleared up. This time though, the temps will barely be above freezing the next few days and no sun till Tuesday, so it's not going away as soon.

Valerie I'm sorry that the skiing didn't work out, glad you were able to get in a ride in its place. I'm glad that I'm not to rough on my workout shoes and they last quite awhile, as I have no choice but to order online. Small shoe sizes vanished from the store shelves years ago. Generally New Balance work well for me, and I can usually find older styles on sale as I'm not terribly picky about style/color given that no one ever sees them. LOL I hope that the cortisone shots help your back.

Carolyn great job with Strong and Sweaty PHA and JS 30 Minute Fat Blaster.

Diane Sue nice job with CDorner Fast Basic Step plus abs and stretch.

This morning I did P30 Perfect Pump Upper Body and the Extended Stretch. My time was 52 minutes with 182 calories burned. My average heart rate was 112 and maximum heart rate was 154.

Cathy, nice job with Tower Circuit Sweat Express. You got a lot of cleaning done with your husband out of the house. Such a productive day!

Waving hello to Valerie, Judy, and Diane Sue.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.