Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 2/7

Traildoggie

Cathlete
good morning..

were going to mt bike in a few minutes, not raining this morning, for a change. cold, though. 39 degrees so probably not a long ride. Uphill is comfortable after the first 5 minutes, but downhill is not so great. the wind chill gets harsh. usually its not as cold feeling as you might think, and nothing frozen/ icy dangerous, but muddy and puddled.

Isn't it funny how all of us arrived at Lundberg rice even though we live all over the country? I like their bag design too. makes it easy to keep upright and sealed after opening. one store I shop at never has the brand but my other store does and I make a point of getting Lundberg if I can.

Judy I had your salmon recipe for dinner last night. I think its my favorite. so easy to make for one person since DH is a lost cause. 7 min in the air fryer. I had a small success in that I got him to eat some prawns. I made "fried" rice using brown rice from skinnytaste.com. it was easy and good and he actually ate it. ( stunned at my success!) I picked up a large package of prawns on sale after New years eve for an great price, thinking even if it didn't work for him, I would enjoy them. wow, they are good. still in shells but easy to clean and good size. Very easy to make. very low point dinner. the skinny taste website has WW point values already. Carolyn you might take a look. Gina Homolka. I need to look and make sure I typed it right but very close to this.

DH fusses about the smell of fish in general but happily eats heard boiled eggs that to me stink beyond tolerance. so if he gets eggs, I get salmon. the air fryer cuts down on cooking odors too.

Last edited:
Today is a rest day for me. I’m glad that I did Mobility Basics yesterday. It really gets to those tight spots. I need to do it more often.

Cathy, great job with Party Rockin Step One and Butts and Guts Abs.

Judy, nice work with the Peloton ride and Muscle Meltdown Back.

Valerie, I hope that you enjoy your ride today. We had cold rain and 39 degree temperatures yesterday. It was a miserable day and I did not go outside at all. It’s still cold, but at least the rain has stopped. I have looked at Skinny Taste recipes and tried a few over the years. She has several cookbook now but I don’t own any. I might try the shrimp fried rice this week. I was planning to do creole shrimp, but I could try something different.

Hello to everyone else and have a nice day.

Hi all,

Today I did Live PHA Supersets, 44 minutes, 283 calories. This is a real calorie crusher...:)

Valerie, nice job on the elliptical! Level 10 sounds like a real challenge. We use plain long grain rice. We also do basmati once in a while. I like how it turns out in the rice cooker. Just press the button and when it is done, it automatically goes to "stay warm" mode.

Carolyn, good job on the JS and mobility workouts.

Cathy, sorry about your sleep issues. :( Love to see cardinals. We only get one or two at a time here.

Judy, nice job on the Peloton and Muscle Meltdown workouts. It's pretty sad how the states are all over the place in their vaccine distribution process. Maybe there are ones that are doing a better job, but they are not publisized as much as the bad ones. We have had some snow in the last couple days too.

Hi to Diane Sue, & Lori,

Take care,

Deb, West Virginia is the only state that I have heard of that has done a good job with the vaccination. They started planning last spring for their implementation.

We are back from our ride. it was cold but decent. we just missed significant rain and snow showers. started just as we finished so we got in 90 min of good riding.

Carolyn I picked the shrimp fried rice because DH is such a wimp on seasoning. I thought it would still be decent with less heat. I would love creole shrimp! would run into the same issue. I will give that one a shot next time. I'm used to leaving 3/4 of the seasoning out and adding to my serving later on.

going to look at vaccine set up today and see if anything shows up. so far its been a total waste of time. looking multiple times, but everything filled and no appts available.

Valerie-I love that salmon recipe too. I'll be making it again this week. I'll have to look up the fried rice recipe. It sounds good.

Deb-Great job with Live PHA Supersets! That is one I need to do again soon.

Carolyn-I hope you have a nice rest day.

Hi to Cathy & Diane Sue,

I did Live Get Steppin' today. Not something I'll do again, and not because it got rather derailed at the part where all the combos got put together, but because it had few of my favorite moves and quite a few of my least favorite. Decent workout as far as HR and calorie burn though. Then I did the Step Boss Bonus Abs. I like Ab Stacker but prefer this one.

Nick had to be to work at 8 this morning, so he went shopping at 7. Texted me that the car said it was -8. I checked and their real feel was -27, and he said it wasn't windy. We made it all the way up to 13 here.

Glad you got your ride in Valerie! I'm sure that was a very brisk downhill.

Carolyn cold and rain are just a nasty combo. There's a point at which I'd rather just have snow than rain, because the rain makes it feel colder.

Deb great job with the Live PHA!

Good evening ladies,

My apologies for not posting. Always something in my life. My husband has been really ill. It all started when he developed Pneumonia at Thanksgiving in 2019 then immediately went into Afib, had his heart shocked 5 times then had an ablaison in March. He never was 100% but seemed to be on his way to recovery. We moved to Florida bought the Navarre home and all seemed to be good. In late September/October he started with exhaustion, trouble breathing and balance issues. He immediately made an appt with his new cardiologist and pulmonary doctors. After months of tests they finally agreed he needed a pacemaker. Once he had the surgery, he quickly became worse and jaundice! He has been in the hospital a couple of times and is right now since Tuesday. They have done a million tests and so far there is a liver issue which also causes the heart not to be able to function as it should. They just did an MRI (after going back and forth if his pacemaker was compatible) on his stomach and intestine. Hoping to have these results tomorrow. The doctors are confident they will get him better - so we are optimistic. It is just going to take a while.

It has been hard for me to come on here and post. It takes me a while to read then type my responses. After working all day my time was his when I came home.

As far as my workouts, they could be better. I still am very consistent walking GiGi 2x a day, 30 mins each walk and I bounce when I can. Walking GiGi is very therapeutic for me.

I do not know when I will post again, but wanted to make sure you knew why I have just slipped away once again. I will be back some day, hopefully for good and not have any more bumps in my life. The past few years have been insane.

Take care my friends!

Lori

No workout today. I just cleaned and cooked up spaghetti squash, chicken breast, made protein balls and did some preplanning. I had Whole Foods deliver groceries before I went to church this morning.

Lori, sending prayers for your husband. I am glad tat the doctors are confident that they will get him better.

Lori that is an unfortunate situation! Poor Bob, a shit ton of things wrong all at once! Hugs to you both. Hang tight and do what the docs tell you to do and don't be afraid to ask questions. do what exercise you can because it will help you manage the stress a little better, but cut yourself plenty of slack when you need to. stop back in when you can.

Lori, I’m so sorry to hear about your husband’s health challenges. Please take care and know that you are in my thoughts.

Lori, I am so sorry about your husband's health issues. I am keeping you and your husband in my prayers.

This morning I did Metabolic Total Body for 49 minutes and 270 calories burned. My average heart rate was 121 and maximum heart rate was 163.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Good morning,

Today I did Live Cardio Quick Fix 32 minutes, 221 calories.

Carolyn, I wish more states would have started the planning for this earlier.

Valerie, I hope you are able to sign up soon. It took me 2+ hours sitting at the computer keeping refreshing the screen until a spot was available.

Judy, can you post that salmon recipe again, or the link to it?

Cathy, nice job on Live Get Steppin....good that you stuck it out, even though you didn;t like it that much. Yikes! -8...brrrrr...

Lori, so sorry to hear what your husband ( and you!) have been going through! Fully understand why your time to post has been limited. Prayers that they find out what is wrong and put a treatment plan in place. Will be thinking of you both.

Diane Sue, it sounds like you had a pretty busy day yesterday!

Take care,

Ok drum roll.............. Ta da! I reached goal weight this morning. it has been a long haul. I fully expect I might bounce back up a pound or so, because that has been the pattern, but I hit it this morning, right on the number, not even a decimal over. not sure about another goal of a couple more pounds. .. or not. will continue to do the same thing because pounds are not exactly falling off me. as usual it is a slow turtle crawl to the finish line. want to hold this and make sure its a settled number before deciding.
Deb there has been only about 3 seconds when I ever saw an appt available, and it was gone in a flash, before I could get autofil to put my name in. the concern here ( this state) was getting those who had the first shot already done scheduled for the second one, before using up supplies on people who have not had #1 yet. I feel like we will get "there" even if not as fast as we hoped.

Congratulations Valerie! Deb, I don’t have an air fryer but I made that recipe in the oven. I baked it for about 8 minutes on 400 degrees. Then I turned on the broiler and finished it to get the browning on top. It was delicious.

I did it in an air fryer for 7 or 8 min at 400 degrees. its simple but so good. I would do it in a regular oven the same way but my broiler is worthless so probably a tad longer depending on how thick the salmon was. its great diet food too.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.