Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 12/ 5

Good morning. I did Jane Adams Gentle Yoga Morning Energy practice which was 18 minutes. This practice is mostly standing mobility work. I plan to set up the small Christmas tree in our foyer this afternoon. I need to get some decorating done to help in getting myself in the Christmas mood.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Thanks for starting Caroline! This morning I did my finished combo workout. Debating taking out Party Rockin' Step 2, as I really don't care for it, and putting in something else. I did end up a sweaty mess though! I also did 10 1rm's for STS. They were all over the place, some stayed the same, some increased and I wasn't happy to see some went down. Though I know last time a few things started out too high. Notably barbell curls.

Great job with the yoga this morning Caroline! We will probably get our tree next Sunday after Derek is home. Neither DH or I are much in the Christmas mood, but he has always loved decorating for it and when he was younger I often had to curtail his ideas. LOL Years ago he wanted his own tree and used his own money to buy a tiny tree and ornaments. He still sets it up in his room every year.

Today I did IMAX 4, combos 1-5. That was 27 minutes and 190 calories burned. Average heart rate was 129 and maximum heart rate was 155. I also did the Extended Chair Stretch for 16 minutes and 20 calories burned.

Cathy, great job with your finished combos and the 1 rep max exercises for STS. I did the full STS program one time and although I enjoyed it, I don’t see myself revisiting the whole program. I have used some of the workouts in different rotations many times. My youngest loves Christmas decorations too. She has decorated her apartment including a full size tree and strings of lights along the wall. All of that even though she will be coming here in two weeks!

Hello to Valerie, Judy, and Diane Sue.

This morning I did P30 Low Impact Hiit and more of the 1RM max. I'm shopping tomorrow and setting things up so I can leave Wednesday if the weather looks iffy. Already packed all my clothes after I did laundry today.

Carolyn great job with the IMAX 4 combos!

Hi to all!

Reactions: WD
All going ok but really tired after travel yesterday. And no sleep. Visiting and walking everywhere today.. air travel saps up every ounce of energy.
Phx is a huge extremely busy place. Don’t care for it. Great to see cousin and their place. Very nice condo but … total opposite of anything I would want but they like it . High rise condo in middle of 10,000 stores and restaurants. My worst nightmare. I would shoot myself before I would live here!!! . Access to a HUGE fancy gym with every bit of equipment you can imagine, multiples of everything. Must be a dozen ellipticals. Dozen treadmills along with pools saunas hot tubs etc. pickle ball basketball massage rooms hot tubs cold pools ….on and on. I have never seen so much “wretched excess” and there are several condo buildings each with several gym areas. way Way Overload.

Today I did a timesaver from PHA3 which was 37 minutes and 193 calories burned. Average heart rate was 120 and maximum heart rate was 161. I meant to do 3 sets, but I chose the wrong premix and ended up doing only two.

Cathy, great job with P30 Low Impact HiiT and more of the 1RM exercises. It sounds like you are well prepared for your trip on Wednesday.

Valerie, air travel is very exhausting. Your cousin’s new home in Phoenix sounds like quite a place with all of the amenities.

Diane Sue, I’m thinking of you and hope that you are feeling a little better. Your doctor’s appointment should be coming up soon.

Waving hello to Judy.

Hi Everyone,
Last night I did a Peloton ride after work and today I did Live #305, Burn Sets Legs & Coffeyfit Raw Boxing Finisher. I might do a short Peloton ride tonight too.

Carolyn-Great job with IMAX 4 and the PHA 3 timesaver.

Valerie-Phoenix sounds very busy. I don't think I would care for it either.

Cathy-Nice job with P30 Low Impact HiiT and your 1 RM's.

Diane Sue-Hope you are feeling better.

No workout today as I went shopping and this afternoon I'm doing food prep. Hoping to take everything I need for food, except lunch on the drive home. Also, already made DH his quiche for supper, so I won't have to make it later. I'll create one big mess now and then chill tonight. Clothes are packed, along with some other stuff, so not much more to do. Going to take another look at the weather soon. If the drive looks all good tomorrow, I don't actually have to leave until 9, but leaving at 8 gets me there when I can get in my room. Just depends on how fast I get around in the morning.

Valerie I'm totally with you on that type of environment. I just can't deal with it. Planning to visit Nick next Thanksgiving, so we'll see it to some extent, but if he renews where he's at, it's at least across the road from a river and natural areas.

Judy great job with the Peloton ride, Live workout and boxing!

Carolyn great job with PHA3! I'll be prepared for what I need to take, I just need the roads to be prepared to be drivable! LOL

Did a hike today about 5 miles. Felt much longer. Very busy trail and cousin talks to everyone. I mean everyone!! Drives us nuts!! Too warm for me about 70-75. Thought it would be interesting g but it was all the same from start to finish. Tried to like it but only so so. Had a great dinner. Cousins wife made. Salad grilled chicken and bread. Glass of Chardonnay. It was delightful.

This morning I did a timesaver from Rock’m Sock’m Kickboxing for 37 minutes and 252 calories burned. My average heart rate was 132 and maximum heart rate was 162. I did my virtual WW meeting after that then we went to the AT&T store for new phones. I’ve been procrastinating on this task for longer than I want to admit, but my husband’s phone is really dying. The screen won’t light up most times so he never knows who is calling! We selected new phones, but they had to order them and they will be in Saturday. I wanted him to switch to an iPhone which is what I have, but he really didn’t want to change. Since I know nothing about android phones I can’t help him when he has problems. The phone store didn’t take as long as I feared.

Valerie, I’m glad that you did a hike even though it was crowded. It sounds like your cousin was on a social outing!

Hello to Cathy, Judy, and Diane Sue.

Picked up our bikes today. DH had date off by a day but REI had bikes anyway and got us loaded. Lovely woman. Helped us get it sorted.
Rode a series of trails that were lovely! Avoided the first one because seemed too busy in parking area and didn’t want to repeat yesterday. This was great !! Trail was fun and the right difficulty with lots of birds and great desert plants. Cousin and wife don’t Mt bike tho we’ve tried to get them interested. They have weird little folding street bikes and can’t do trails.
Carolyn it’s so much easier if you have the same type of phone. We had android and switched to iPhones. Much smoother on the same operating system. . But probably not if DH is resistant.

Today I did STS Total Body. My time was 1 hour 16 minutes with 279 calories burned. Average heart rate was 111 and maximum heart rate was 156. I had forgotten what a thorough workout this is. I’m really feeling it now.

Valerie, did you rent bikes? That’s great that you had an enjoyable ride on the trails.

Hello to Judy, Cathy, and Diane Sue.

Carolyn REI has a special adventure center here specifically for rentals. Bikes kayaks and I assume other things . It was much less expensive than a small bike shop and they have tons of bikes available so we could get the right size Mt bikes. Along with helmets and a blanket for the truck bed and a cable lock. Super easy snd half the cost.
rode this morning and it was lovely. And challenging. Fun! Trails everywhere. Lots of walkers too and some horses but everyone was congenial.
the cortisone shot calmed the bursitis so I’m not aware of it anymore at all.

This morning I did Boxing Hiit Express and I went and walked for about 40 minutes along the bay, though I never actually got far from the marina. Real feel was 13, it was snowing and more protected there. Plans have kept in a constant state of flux. Major storm coming late Friday afternoon into Saturday, and I was leaning towards staying till Sunday or Monday, as Derek's check out wasn't until tomorrow night. They are now basically telling the students to get the heck outta Dodge as soon as possible. So, now he's checking out at 10:45. Snow from today should be mostly cleared up, less than an 1 1/2" across the UP, and we'll be ahead of the storm. Fingers crossed that all works.

Valerie I agree about the chatting while hiking. Being friendly and nodding and saying hi is one thing, stopping to chat-no thanks. Sounds like the bike rides were fun! That's great that the bursitis is so much better!

Carolyn great job with Rock’m Sock’m Kickboxing and STS Total Body. As many times as I've done all of STS, I'm not sure I did the Total Body one more than once or twice. We all have iPhone's, but then everything I have is Apple because I like the way everything works together. My Dad has an Android and whenever he asks me a question I'm lost. They just are not as intuitive to use IMHO. He keeps saying he's going back to a flip phone, but he hasn't done it yet.

Today I did P30 Low Impact HiiT and the Extended Stretch for 37 minutes and 197 calories burned. Average heart rate was 118 and maximum heart rate was 155.

Cathy, great job with Boxing HiiT Express. I hope that your plan to get ahead of the storm is working.

Valerie, it’s great that you could get the equipment from REI. I didn’t realize that they had such a program. It sounds like you had a wonderful ride.

Hello to Judy and Diane Sue.

We're back home. Since we didn't leave Marquette until almost 11, the roads were all clear and it was full speed all the way home. And we just about beat the rain here, as it started misting when we got on our road five miles out. Funny thing though, somehow my watch is showing 18 zone minutes for today. I've decided it's because coming through Lansing at rush hour in the dark, drove my heart rate up. LOL

Carolyn great job on the P30 Low Impact Hiit and stretch.

Did a botanical garden today with a large amount of walking. Huge place. Very lovely along a creek with vast plantings. Mostly desert plants from southwest but also plants from other parts of the world .

I’m taking a rest day today. I had my investment club meeting this morning then we went back to AT&T to have our new phones set up. I was not about to tackle that task on my own. Stormy weather is forecast for later this afternoon so we needed to get to AT&T as early as we could. Everything is good now and my husband is very happy!

Cathy, I’m glad that you made it home safely. The active minutes reading on your watch probably came from your elevated heart rate. That happens to me when I am very stressed are frightened.

Valerie, I’m sure that the botanical gardens were beautiful.

Hello to Judy and Diane Sue.

Yes Cathy I agree. I say good morning or something generic. Thanks if they step out of the way . Cousin goes into full conversation mode. Drives me crazy!! He is a warm friendly guy but that is way too much.
We are doing another botanical preserve on Tuesday.
Today we Mt biked again for 3.5 hours. Same general area. Really fun but way busier today. We are doing a “paved” ride with Cousin tomorrow. They are wimpy cyclists. All this terrain with wonderful easy riding and they just puss out! They have not connected well with anyone. If they had an activity it would help meet people with common interest.
We are having nasty weather in WA also but it’s lovely here. 60to 70 degrees and sunny.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.