Pentagenarians & Beyond: W/B 09/25/2022

Today I did CDorner All Standing Low Impact High Intensity cardio 53 minutes, 231 calories, heart rate 122/154, 5,822 steps. I followed this with CDorner Quick Morning Wake Up stretch (on the beach) and part of yesterday's mobility workout. I checked out what I didn't do and stopping when I did, I did not miss much as she did a bridge and then feet up the wall. This took me 23 minutes, 38 calories, heart rate 77/98. Yesterday's mobility was more of a flow. The beach stretch was only 11 minutes but is a nice stretch with most sitting on the ground. Total time today was 76 minutes, 269 calories. I am hoping to get in some sort of strength workout tomorrow since Friday will have to be a rest day as I have two appointments to go to. I feel for the people in Florida. My brother is in the panhandle so probably okay other than maybe rain. I never got an answer from him though when I tried to reach him.

Cathy, I almost never have a good night sleep before a trip. I guess all of the plans ahead of me keep me awake or something. When I used to make the 100 mile trek to Oklahoma City I would pack up and put my dogs things we were taking with us together. Always got to bed late and the barely slept. Plus my dog had anxiety and would whine when she saw me get out a suitcase. I tried to hide it. That was my other dog, and I always took her with me so she could hang with my daughter's dogs. The combo of barre and kickboxing was quite different. Not hard to follow, but I am sure my husband would have got a laugh in when I was on my toes turning like a ballet dancer in a jewelry box. Besides, my right foot and toe has been hurting and so I was rather clumsy at it. Most of it was not that silly though and quite active movement. The boxing was fun. Different moving from one type of workout to the other.

Judy, I am just going through some of the Raw workouts that I have missed while going through the shoulder stuff and healing process. If there are any other that you are interested in let me know and I will see if it is one that I have printed up before. I have a binder with them in it. I am hoping she gets the rest of the body part ones done soon. Nice work on the Peloton ride and the Live Upper body workout. Home projects are gratifying after they are all done :)

Valerie, I am glad that your knee is okay. I do not like having to mess with my windshield wipers. I guess since I rarely use them it takes me awhile to get them going and figure out how to make them run slow or intermittently. I think it is because of the set up on the turn steering column you either have to pull it toward you, or maybe that is windshield washer. You turn knobs on the end and one turns on the back window wiper. It never seems to be just right.

Jumping on to let you know we faired well. Such a scary storm! We slept in our closet it was that bad. Bob, me, cat and dog. We had to laugh at our situation at times! Still high winds and rain now that will happen all day. Tons of trees, branches and flooding - Florida is a mess. This storm will going down in the books! We have friends that live in Venice that took a direct hit. No one (even their daughter) has heard from them. We are hoping just no power and dead phones. Bob’s parents are fine, they just got some rain and low winds.

Today I did LIS Lower Body Trisets, an express timesaver. That was 31 minutes and 176 calories burned. My average heart rate was 125 and maximum heart rate was 157. Then I did Jane Adams Evening Yoga practice for 28 minutes and 36 calories burned. I like this practice because it gives me a great stretch for my hips and knees.

Lori, I’m so glad to know that you and your family members are all well. This hurricane is very frightening. I hope that you hear from your friends soon.

Valerie, that’s great news about your knee. I love the intermittent windshield wipers.

Judy, nice work with the Peloton ride and strength work.

Diane Sue, great job with CDorner cardio and stretch. Hopefully your brother is safe.

Hello to Cathy.

Each day my knee feels more normal. I had 4-5 days where it felt "disconnected". I dont know why that happened but as swelling, inflammation settled down, it's feeling normal again. I walked a lot yesterday shopping several places. Got my covid booster. waiting a few weeks on the flu shot.

I love LOVE intermittent wipers. we get so many barely raining days. I appreciate being able to set the speed to match how much rain is falling. seldom do we get hard rain.

going to ride the spin bike today. might have to do it without standing, but I will see how it feels.

Good to know you came thru this storm OK. what an incredible mess! mother nature is not easy to deal with sometimes.

Reactions: WD
No workout today as I shopped. Tomorrow I have a tire rotation, followed by the zoo and then to my parents as my sister is visiting right now. I don't think she's having fun dealing with our Mom. She couldn't take today off, so she's trying to work and earlier she couldn't get Mom to leave the room so she could close the door, and and then they turned the TV back on that's right in the next room and it's so loud because otherwise Mom can't hear it. I don't envy her. I told her the other day there's no way I could stay that long. I time my arrivals for lunch so we can sit at the table and often stay there the whole visit, just so I don't have to deal with the TV. Her house seemed to have come through the hurricane okay, she was having a neighbor do a flyover with his drone to check the shingles. Unlike almost everyone else in their area they have power.

Valerie so glad to hear that your knee doesn't have any lasting damage and that's great that you can ride without any issue. I was using the intermittent wipers, but I still had to adjust that frequently. LOL Did you have any side affects from your booster. Mine was just a sore arm for the rest of the day and that was fine when I woke up.

Carolyn nice job with KCM Cardio Quick Fix, Lower Body Trisets and yoga. Are you being impacted by the hurricane at all?

Judy great job with the Peloton ride, strength and stretch workouts.

Last edited:
I'm back again.
cathy nothing but a slightly sore arm right at the injection site.
I did 30 on the elliptical at a step higher resistance, 20 min on the spin bike seated, core, a little bicep work. tomorrow we will do a short road ride. I'm having real anxiety facing getting on a bike outside. weird how just one incident is so bothersome, after riding a million times without any problem. my knees are almost 75 years old so they aren't as good as when I was young, but still decent joint space. patellar space doesn't look good on xray but I never had a problem before so hopefully it stays settled down.

my wipers have low, intermittent, high settings. the intermittent can be dialed up and down for frequency. that's standard on subarus for a long time, even on my 2004. works really well for the weather we have most often. I don't know if that's standard on most cars.

Today I did Raw 4 Day Split Biceps and Triceps, 84 calories, 592 steps, 28 minutes. That workout is actually shorter, but Kelly said there was a boxing finisher and I just expected it to start up, but I found I looked away and was starting the warm-up to another workout which gave me some steps. I followed this with Raw Box and Sculpt, 32 minutes, heart rate 103/139, 111 calories, 1,016 steps. I finished off with CDorner mobility in a tennis court, 21 minutes, heart rate 82/99, 40 calories, 23 steps. I am not a fan of some of the moves on that stretch as there are yogi squats which is okay if not too long and a 90/90 move into a get up move. I have to be cautious of my knee with it. Total time was 81 minutes, 235 calories, 1,631 steps.
Raw 4 Day Split Biceps and Triceps 24:29 minutes
15,12,10# dumbbells and tubing for burn out used
Timed
Biceps
supination curls 15# dbs
side curl/front/release 12# dbs
hammer curls 4/4 ct and last 4 reps 2/2 count
1 minute tubing alternating curls
repeat sequence
Triceps
overhead extensions 15# db
kickback 10# dbs
dips
kickbacks with tubing alternating
repeat

she says heavy bag finisher at the end, but it went into the next workout. I am guessing she meant go to the heavy bag finisher. I

Raw Box and Sculpt
8 and 10# dumbbells and egg weights 27:50 minutes
warm up
side to side squat with arm circles

jab/cross/ up up
squat/press/overhead tricep extension 5# db they used 8# right
repeat on left side

deadlift/reverse lung/front lunge 10# db right
jab/cross/hook/hook
repeat on left side

right lunge and row/add on hammer curl
hook/up/ add on 4 jabs
repeat on left side

side lunge/step in/side kick
jab cross 6 times pause
swing/kickback/cross chop 10# db
repeat left side
squat pulses
stretch

Today we worked on our projects and did a 1 hour workout at the gym.

Diane Sue-Great job with the CDorner workouts and Raw 4 Day Split Biceps and Triceps and Box & Sculpt.
I really like that Kelly is doing the individual body part workouts. I like her box & sculpt workouts too.

Lori-I'm so glad that you and your family are ok. I hope you hear from your friends soon.

Carolyn-Great job with LIS Lower Body Trisets and Jane Adams Evening Yoga practice.

Valerie-Nice job with the elliptical and spin workout. That's great that your knee is feeling better.

Cathy-I hope you have a good visit with your family tomorrow.

Today I did Rock’m Sock’m kickboxing, a timesaver that was 35 minutes and 247 calories burned. My average heart rate was 130 and maximum heart rate was 163.

Valerie, it’s great that your knee is feeling better. Nice workouts with 30 minutes on the elliptical and 30 minutes on the spin bike.

Cathy, enjoy your day visiting with family. The hurricane is mostly east of us. We were originally forecast to have significant rain and wind, but that changed over the last 24 hours. We have some wind but nothing major.

Diane Sue, great job with Raw 4 Day Split Biceps and Triceps, Raw Box and Sculpt, and CDORNER Mobility.

Judy great job with the workout at the gym.

Lori, I hope you are still doing okay. Take care.

Last edited:
with a couple of mechanical set backs, like DH's flat tire, we managed to get in our 15 mile close by trail ride and my knee was fine. I still feel apprehensive about riding so will have to do it a few times before that goes away.

No workout today. I took my dog to the vet for routine shots and checkup then had another appointment to go to this afternoon. I will work out in the morning.

Judy, I like the individual body parts Kelly is doing. They are a nice length and I feel like it really works the muscle group well. The box and sculpt and box and pump workouts are fun ones. Nice work on getting in to the Gym and doing projects.

Carolyn, good job on Rock'm Sock'm timesaver.

Valerie, I am glad you knee is fine after the 15mile ride. Being apprehensive is understandable.

I’m taking a rest day today. I did my usual farmer’s market trip early. I hadn’t planned to go out since we were supposed to have rain, but the weather is beautiful, just cool.

Valerie, I’m glad that your knee feels fine after your bike ride.

Big waves to everyone. Have a wonderful day.

Today I did Raw Shoulders 21 minutes, 65 calories, heart rate 97/124. I followed this with CDorner Basic Intermediate Step vertical #238 37 minutes, heart rate 121/158, 173 calories, 2,996 steps. I finished with CDorner mobility from 1 month ago, 29 minutes, 48 calories. Total time was 87 minutes, 286 calories.
Raw Shoulders 4 rounds of each exercise done 8 reps each
Upright row 10# dbs 8 reps all four rounds
shoulder press 8# dbs 8 reps all four rounds
lateral raise 8# dbs 8 reps all 4 rounds
bent over reverse lateral raise 8# dbs 3 rounds 10# dbs 1 round
finisher all moves done 8 reps back to back 8# dbs
stretch
Kelly has her Raw Chest workout up. I wrote down the moves this morning and she does them each for 10 reps. I don't have them here or I would post it. I will maybe do it next week.

Carolyn, I hope you enjoyed your rest day. I think I will have at least 1 extra every week in October because of appointments and ladies game day.

I hope everyone had a good Saturday and all is well.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.