Pentagenarians and Beyond W/B 3/27

Guess I'll be chatty today.... Jacket is the high visibility greenish yellow. very popular here with all the fog and misty weather. it is extremely bright, almost glows. cannot be missed in this.

Did disk 10. Josie, if you can do 100 miles, I decided I can do the last 3 disks. one down, 2 to go. then I have the 1 week active recovery.

Deb, I looked at that exercise.. I don't think there's anything special about the grip. just be sure there's some band overlap so it doesn't slip off during the exercise....something would hit you in the face for sure if that happened.

Hi Ladies,

Today's workout was an assessment of the following and this was the 3rd time that we had to do it, the 1st month, 2nd and 3rd. We did 5 push-ups, 10 sit-ups with an ab mat and 15 squats which equaled one set and we had to do as many set as we could in 20 minutes. The first time we did this I had a bad knee so I could not do it, the 2nd time I did 17 sets and today I improved by 1 set. It took me an hour after the work out and shower to stop sweating. I know that I will be sore tomorrow.

Valerie, I'm glad that I inspired you to do your mega workouts. I found my bright jacket at Ross for only $9.99. I love that store for workout clothes.

Garance, I have a friend that rode his bike cross county and it took him a whole month to do it. He had a great time.

Deb, you are an enabler! I will be getting the Supreme 90. A lot of the exercises look like what I have been doing for the last 12 weeks and you can't beat the price, and with the $5.00 it is a great deal.

Hi Joan and Cathy!

Josie

Finally Friday!

Morning all,

This week cannot end fast enough for me. So tired. I did not get up this morning, so I am now a day behind in the Supreme 90 workouts, but who cares. I can catch up, or just skip and start where I left off. I think as long as you do them in order, it really doesn't matter.

Valerie, will you be bringing your bikes with you?

Garance, what are "shakers" ? I assume some type of "equipment" they sell for Zumba workouts? or give away with the DVD's?

Joan, "
the only size 6 I will ever see would be a shoe if I cut my toes off.... NOT HAPPENING!.." :D. Have you heard of The 17 Day Diet? I ordered the book off Ebay, just because it peeked my interest, and it is supposed to be clean eating. Even some recipes may be worth the price. I got it for $11 including shipping so not bad.

Josie, glad you got the series, now we can compare notes and complain together! I bet you will not have any trouble keeping up since you have been doing this type of exercise for a while now. I have the exercise sheets if you want, I can e-mail them to you. It shows each workout, the exercises, reps and you can track the weights you use. Got them from someone here on the Open forum.

Anyone doing anything exciting this weekend, besides Valere going on vacation?

Take care,

good morning ... I did the last leg disk yesterday before dinner. so only the last tricep one today, and meso 1 is finished. It wasn't bad, just a lot of time out of one day. I didn't push the weight levels too much. I am able to do a couple moves I couldn't do before..... sit n stands, wall squats with the weight pick up. I can get the weights now, just not heavy weights. I did too many disks too close together. not the best way to do STS. it seemed silly to have 10 days off with 3 disks left. this way my active recovery week fits in nicely.

yes Deb, we're bringing our mt bikes. will have chances to ride, maybe more than we think. Our niece told us she has a new "special guy". we will be meeting him.. she had a short fairly unpleasant marriage and divorce and we're hoping she meets someone she can make a good life with. I hope she isn't rushing into relationships too quickly.

Josie I've never been to Ross. I will need to check that store out. Good luck on your ride this weekend, hope it goes without a hitch.

I'll try to check back in later today. lots of last minute stuff to do.

Hi Deb, Josie, Joan, and Valerie--

This morning I did Cardio Barre, the Ultimate workout (55 min.). This is the frenetic one, so you do work up a sweat.

Deb, the "shakers" are little 1 lb. batons with a lot of stuff rattling in them. Makes me feel like Xavier Cugat or Charro. They are silly, but Max loves them and wants to get into the act if I pick them up. Apparently they are regarded as weights for toning. Uh-huh, she said and rolled her eyes. The new Zumba set of dvds is pushing them for one of the toning dvds. The only ones I really like are the dance parties for cardio, so I wish they would sell them separately and skip the baby rattles. Nope, ain't doing anything exciting this weekend, just getting ready for the last six weeks of the semester. At least we did not get much snow. The Nor'easter stayed pretty much east and north of here. So happy about that.

Valerie, Luckybrand jeans are really forgiving. They actually recommend that you get a size smaller because they have some stretch in them. I am happy with the two pairs I have, but I sent back a third pair because I didn't think they came up to the previous standard. Wouldn't you guess why? The first two pairs were make in America and the last pair--made in China.

Well, I will be looking forward to hearing from Deb and Josie about results from the Supreme 90 workouts. I know I wouldn't use them because of the impact and the boring factor. I like more dancy stuff.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Well, I guess I'll sign off for a few days. Koochie koochie everyone! ( Hope you all remember Charro or you'll think I'm crazy)

Good morning,

Well the weekend is finally here. Nothing overly exciting happening, just agility class, and lots of HouseMax. No snow to speak of, just cold, but very sunny, which is nice.

I'll try to check in later in the day to see who is around.

Take care,

Hi Deb--

Lots of Housemax for me as well. But that's over and now I can finish the last of my papers.

Sounds like we will be getting some April showers next week, but going up to the 50s.

Hope everyone is enjoying their first April weekend.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.