Pentagenarians and Beyond W/B 10/11

Good morning ladies!

This has been such a great week. I really do not want to leave! We leave the hotel for the airport at 11:30am so we are just relaxing on our beautiful patio. When we checked in we asked if there was one particular room available and it was not until mid week. We asked to switch over when it was. You would think that would be a pain but if you saw this room you would do the same. It is one of 2 at the hotel and it is beautiful with a pool on our patio. It is at the very top of the hotel so the view is breath taking. I'll post some pictures when I get back.

Been keeping up with my workouts for the most part. I did take a couple of rest days since I knew I would be swiming all day long so that was plenty of activity!

Thanks for all the reminding about Fargo. We really enjoyed the first season but never finished it. Not sure why. Going to look into this.

Lynda...I hear The Martian is good. I have the book and want to read before I see it. Looking forward to your review.

Deb...I am the opposite with my Ipad I prefer not to use a key board! Not looking forward to coming back to the cold!!!!

Valerie...sounds like the podcast you are listening is not downloaded. I have not listened to any so not familiar with the process.

Judy...you are doing great with STS!! That is a great idea about skipping Meso 1 and using the other workouts. I was not a fan of Meso 1 at all but loved 2 and 3.

Josie...can't imagine living in warm weather all year around! Born and raised in the East Coast and so used to being miserable in the winter months that it is just part of life!!!

Have a great Saturday all!!!

Hi Everyone,

Deb-I still have 3 more weeks of STS to go. I meant to say that I finished the first week of Meso 3, but I made it sound like I was done. I guess that was wishful thinking :)

Valerie-Sounds like you are getting some great mountain biking and hiking in! I'm hoping that DH and I can get out a few more times before the winter weather starts. Maybe I'll look at the longer STS rotation next time. I don't have an iPod and have never used podcasts, but I'm sure that the techtalk america site will have something about that.
I'd love to see photos of your cat, I bet he is a cutie too!

Lori-Can't wait to see your photos! It sounds like you had a wonderful vacation!

Josie-I agree with Lori, I can't imagine living in warm weather all year round. I hate winter weather but I've lived with it all my life and am used to it.

Hi to Lynda!

Have a great weekend!

Judy

Too funny... I always have to re-read my ipad typing because it makes "words" I didn't intend on. it's nice to get apostrophes in contractions without shifting. I have a portable keyboard to use with the ipad too.... but it'd hard to use in a vehicle. too many loose pieces sliding around.

I thought pod casts worked like you say they do..they are 'in" the ipod itself. It's the only thing that makes sense, except we can't get them to work. we have no trouble playing music from the ipod thru the truck system, but pod casts sit there. we must be doing something stupid. maybe we will look at our car. it's a 2014 so electronics are different.
Deb, you're right, you'd need to sign up for Hulu to get Fargo free. I haven't checked lately, think it's about $8 a month. we're thinking of signing up for Netflix streaming service in addition to the mail /disk service. we 'd try Prime but it doesn't work with Apple TV which seems goofy, but it's not listed as a device that's compatible.... the only device we can get to work with the antenna, so we can't use Prime.

Lori you are right, we are thinking we did not actually download the podcast itself, but only the title. cousin helped us, we think he didn't finish the process. we are re-trying today. will be nice if we finally get this right, because it turns out the truck sound system is not hard to use, but the directions make it sound hard.

Last edited:
Hi Ladies,

I went to spin class on Thursday and ran yesterday. Karina had JD Thursday, so decided to just do cardio. No plans for this weekend, just working out as usual. We are going to Las Vegas next weekend for my DH's birthday.

Lori, can't believe the week is over :(.

Deb, can't believe how fast it got cold for all of you. It has been a little cooler, but it will go back to the 80's next week.

Hi to Judy, Garance and Valerie!

I will be back later.

Josie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.

Back