Penagenarians & Beyond W/B 12/20

Traildoggie

Cathlete
Good morning. getting us started.

so I will keep using the Cardio Party warm up as a warm up for other workouts. that worked OK yesterday . while I try to figure out what is an L step. don't laugh. it is that difficult for me.

today is our anniversary. DH got flowers. I totally forgot. 42 years. I am pretty awful at some things, this is one of them.

Hi,

Today I did Live Push Pull Total Body, Heavy weights.....44 minute, 247 calories.

Valerie, thanks for getting us started. Cardio Party is a fun workout, once you get the hang of it. I think with your ability to slow down the speed of the DVD, you will get it sooner.

Carolyn, good job on the JS Motivation workout and flexibility practice!

Cathy, I liked the 40/20 low impact workout too! A different way to do cardio, the time flew by.

Diane Sue, I hope you are feeling better.

Hi to Judy & Lori,

Take care,

This is a rest day for me. We just finished our family zoom which is always nice. Waving hello to everyone. I hope that you are having a wonderful afternoon. Diane Sue, I hope that you are feeling better today.

Derek and I did the Detroit Zoo today. 4 hours of never sitting down and even though we were often standing and watching, I managed to get over 10,000 steps. Ate standing up, too, because everything was wet. A lot of animals weren't out and the buildings are all closed, but the ones that were out were quite active. He's working on his video as he puts together a video on the computer complete with music for every zoo visit. Has an intro, and credits at the end and everything. I always laugh because he of course is listed for every credit.

Valerie do you have Cathe's Basic Step? I think she breaks things down in a lot more detail in that one. You aren't the only one that forgets anniversaries. It didn't go over very well when I did that a couple years ago. For years at baseball everyone joked about just doing baseball on their anniversaries because so many people seem to get married in June and tournaments tend take out most weekends from May through July. LOL

Deb great job on that Push/Pull workout!

Carolyn did you just start the family Zoom's this year? My family has been doing Sunday night's since Spring and I'm wondering if we will just keep doing them since none of us live by each other. My brother and I are only about 15 minutes apart but we rarely cross paths.

Hi to everyone! Diane Sue hope you are doing okay.

Happy anniversary Valerie. We celebrated our 50th during lockdown back in April.

Cathy, we started doing the family zoom in June. None of our three children live here so was the best option for us. It’s been very helpful especially seeing my youngest as she learns to live with this metastatic breast cancer. She was diagnosed March 1 just before everything shut down.

Thank you! we didn't do anything special though. I cant believe I totally forgot it. I will be teased about this for a while. Date is an inconvenient time with all the other things going on right before xmas, and DH's birthday in mid Nov. its not the first time the date got lost in the shuffle.

I did a mile and a half on the treadmill and 75 knee push ups, 50 tricep pushups, and 64 dips. mixed groups.

No fever again today which is great. I also have a bit more energy and actually prepared dinner myself. My husband has ordered food in quite a bit and offered to get me what I feel like eating, but it has been kind of hard to decide what to eat. Things I ate before sick just do not appeal. Yesterday my husband got me pasta from Dominos that actually hit the spot since I was pretty hungry. I even ate some of the cinnamon bread minus icing. Tonight I had salad and oatmeal. I had toast this morning dry. Meat does not appeal at all. I have lost weight, but am sure once my appetite is back I will put it back on. My granddaughter and her husband came and left a photo Christmas card in the door. We talked across the court yard area from the front door to the gate for a few minutes. It was still a bit chilly. Gertie let me know someone was outside, otherwise they were getting ready to call and let me know it was there. They are such a cute couple. Today was supposed to be family Christmas. I think they still had a family day with just their immediate family this afternoon.

Valerie happy anniversary. That was sweet of your husband to get you flowers. I cannot forget the anniversary as my husband is quite the romantic and would be planning a date night and all kinds of special things ahead. Our birthdays were on the 27th of our birth months and so we got married on the 27th as well, so that keeps one from forgetting the day. You just have to keep practicing the move till after awhile it is a comfortable move with workouts. For the most part I have done so much Cathe choreography that unless she alters a move which trips me up, I am good.

Deb, nice work on Push Pull total body. Funny that you and your husband forgot your anniversary. The only thing I remember us forgetting was to leave the hotel for the airport when we were in Cancun. We forgot what day it was until the hotel called to see when we were checking out. Talk about scrambling to get to an agent to change flights and up the hotel for another day.

Cathe, the time at the zoo was probably pretty nice. I bet there were not a lot of people there. We are warming up a bit and the snow melted. I had hoped to get to my appointments these Christmas holidays while the weather is generally not too bad, but had to cancel. They thanked me for calling and cancelling the mammogram next week. They said to call when fevers were gone and I was feeling better. Residual cough is okay as that is normal. So, I will wait awhile. My arthritis appoint is the first week in January so I will check with them also.

Carolyn, that is so nice that the family has the zoom days and gets to spend time with your daughter as she deals with the cancer.

Hi Everyone,

Friday I did Cathe Live 40/20 Low Impact HiiT and Muscle Meltdown Shoulders. Yesterday I did Cathe Live Metabolic Med Ball Blast and Muscle Meltdowns Back & Biceps and this morning I did a short Peloton ride before work. I only had a 4 hour shift so it wasn't bad at all.

Cathy- I agree about Live 40/20. I really like this workout. It sounds like you had a nice time at the zoo and got a lot of exercise too.

Diane Sue-That's great that you didn't have a fever today. I hope you are feeling even better tomorrow.

Deb-Nice job with Live Push Pull Total Body. That's another one I liked a lot.

Carolyn-I hope you had a nice rest day. It's great that you have family Zoom days. I hope your daughter is doing well. That is a lot to deal with.

Valerie-Nice workout today! I think I would have trouble remembering an anniversary if it was so close to Christmas too.

thank you all for the anniversary congrats! DH usually gets flowers but many times we have gone out with friends to celebrate. Not this year. I should have made a special dinner, but didn't plan for it because I'd forgotten. Deb, it would be better if we'd both forgotten. this way its all on me.
I dont remember anymore why we decided on this date. we did a justice of peace ceremony, no fanfare. I was working, he was in school, we decided to do it spur of the moment. I never wanted a showy wedding, families were many states away. whatever. we decided it was a good day, got our witnesses, and did it. called parents and informed them later. not what they expected!
Cathy, I hate step and I will slow this one down enough, maybe frame by frame, to see what happens when I get feet out of order on the L step. some parts are OK so good enough!. I get a better calorie burn with treadmill or elliptical anyway. this one looks like fun so I will pound away bit by bit. I don't think I can relax and enjoy step no matter what, but this one looks kinda-sorta possible long term. the zoo sounds like a nice day. I loved the zoo when I was a kid, even though everything was caged and didn't look very natural. zoo improved as I got older.

Diane sue take care of yourself and don't rush the recovery. this is a tricky virus and can come back when it seems to be getting better. that vacation misstep sounds frantic.

Zoom .....who would have imagined it would be so valuable??

This morning I did Gym Style Back, Shoulders, and Biceps for 56 minutes and 150 calories burned. My average heart rate was 95 and maximum heart rate was 140.

Valerie, the number of push ups and dips that you are doing is very impressive! When you try the L step, just think of it as a side step with a turn. If you side step to the right you tap your left foot and turn right. Then you go back the same way. It becomes more intuitive as you do a few. If you can do the elliptical with arms and legs going you will master Cardio Party!

Diane Sue, I am really glad that you are feeling better. Just take it easy and don’t rush things.

Judy, great job with Live 40/20, Live Metabolic Med Ball Blast, and Muscle Meltdown Back and Biceps. My daughter is actually doing well. As I mentioned earlier, she is here with us for a month.

Hello to Deb, Cathy, and Lori.

This morning I did Live Cardio Boxing Bootcamp. It's a really good workout, but I just didn't love it. I generally don't mix weights with kickboxing.

DH had noticed there was some liquid around the bottom of our furnace and called to have someone come out today. It was put in when the house was new in '94, and they no longer make parts for them. So, the guy tagged it as unusable. Fun. The neighbor guys are both super handy and one does remodeling so I texted and asked them for recommendations. They loaned us four infrared heats they used until they got theirs replaced a few years ago, and the one who is the mechanical whiz came and looked at it. He said that the parts the guy said weren't good, were fine and that it's the air conditioner part that was leaking. Of course, that too can't be fixed, so we still need a new one. Bonus fun, apparently there's a back log on appliances right now and that includes furnaces. So, he's checking with a friend who's in the business about the best options. So we'll see where that goes.

Carolyn is your daughter doing okay right now. The whole virus problem has got to make for an added stress on her. :( Great job with the Gym Style workout!

Diane Sue very happy to hear you are fever free and regaining energy. The zoo wasn't very busy especially the first couple hours. There was a very small percentage who took off their masks once past the gate or had their nose uncovered, but thankfully it wasn't that many and distancing wasn't hard.

Judy nice job with those workouts! I'll definitely be doing that 40/20 again. I'll have to check out the metabolic med ball blast.

Cathy- I think you will like the metabolic med ball blast. I plan on doing it again soon, as well as the 40/20 workout.

Carolyn-I thought you mentioned that she was staying with you. That's really good. I'm glad that she is doing well.

Thanks deb. I’ll look at it today. what a great idea...I didn't know this existed. I don’t expect I will ever do well at this, but a little improvement is possible. . there is a rhythm to it . when I miss a step, I can’t get the rhythm back. I will get it eventually.

ETA Yes! looked at several and found "L" step in #4 . it seems so easy but when I try to do it my feet get all tangled. I will keep my arms out of the game until I get the feet down. this might be basic enough for even me. there is an extra foot tap in there that I never saw before.

I did 30 on the elliptical last night . Trying to inch up intensity from level 9 to 10. Did two 5 min sections at 10.
Cathy that’s an expensive project. We replaced our heat pump last year. our house was built in ‘90. 30 years seems to be when they tank. ours also was not worth trying to fix.

Last edited:
This morning I did a timesaver from Rock’m Sock’m which was 35 minutes and 273 calories burned. My average heart rate was 136 and maximum heart rate was 157.

Deb, posting the link to Cathe’s tutorials was a good idea. She really breaks things down in those demonstrations.

Cathy, good job with Live Cardio Boxing Bootcamp even though you didn’t love it. I don’t like mixing kickboxing and weights either. I’m sorry about the HVAC system. We had to replace our upstairs system 2 years ago.

Valerie, those tutorials are very good and easy to follow. The foot tap is what makes the L turn work.

Hello to Diane Sue, Judy, and Lori.

So I realized the other day that I never really did the two Party Rockin' workouts. I think I bought them at a time when I was rarely working out, but I kept buying DVD's because I figured I would want them someday and the presale prices are just too good. LOL And now I'm kicking myself for not doing them sooner. I did #1 today and loved it. Wasn't perfect for sure. Combos 4 & 5 weren't an immediate thing, but by the time I did the finished combo twice I had them. Now I'll have to do the other one next week. I think the one I did today was the more dancier one.

Carolyn great job with Rock'm Sock'm!

Valerie getting 30 years is great. Ours could have been fixed, if they still made the part. :( The house was built in '94. Still have the original fridge, water heater, water softener and till now the furnace.

Cathy ours didn't completely stop working, just limped along. it was sucking more power to get the job done, getting less efficient. not reasonable to refurbish it. big expensive parts but still a 30 yo heat pump. I wish the other appliances had lasted as long. I'm on about DW #4, oven/ cooktop #2, water heater #3 , and water pressurizer #2. frig is I think #3. furnace lasted longer than any of them. my clothes washer/dryer were up close to 30 yrs too. one day the washer didn't empty the water. :oops: we tricked it into emptying. it clearly was rebelling. didn't even look for parts, bought a new set immediately. we have a big truck so we can do it ourselves and not wait on delivery. same with the water heater.

I tried Cardio party warm up , twice at slow speed, then once at regular speed. I lose it when I go to regular speed. will need more repeating. I'm really pathetic at this. then stacked upper body and core 1 from X train.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.