oat groats........

bceogirl

Cathlete
How do I prepare them and what's YOUR favorite way to eat them?

I bought them in bulk at a local Amish store and they didn't come with any information or directions on how to cook them!

Are they the same as steel cut oats?

Thanks!:D

From what I understand, steel cut oats are oat groats just cut in half. So I would say prepare them the same way you prepare your steel cut oats.

Sherri

I tried this quicker-cooking way of preparing Scottish oats (steel-cut oats). The night before, boil 4 cups of water. Remove pan frm heat. Add 1/4 cup oats and cover. Let sit overnight. In the morning, cook 9-12 minutes (may take longer for the groats, which are whole) over medium heat.

This makes 4 servings (but I eat it as 3). If you don't need that many at once, save the extra in the fridge, then reheat in a bit of milk of your choice the next day.

Boil three cups of water and put one cup of oat groats in. Turn down heat to simmer, stir, and let it be for 55-60 min. Take off burner and let it set about 5 min.

For steel cut oats, boil 3 cups of water and put one cup of oats in. Turn down heat to simmer, stir, and let it be for 20-25 min. Take off burner and let it set about 5 min.

I eat them with a little maple syrup.:9

Enjoy they are good and good for you,

Janie

The idea is to die young as late as possible.

http://www.picturetrail.com/janiejoey

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.