NYT article--Vitamins Found to Curb Exercise Benefits

Thanks for the info.

It was pointed out at the end that these results came out of this one study and that other studies have shown than supplementation shows benefits.

The antioxidants from fruits and vegetables don't seem to have this effect, so the bottom line may be that it is better to get nutrients from whole foods rather than pills.

I didn't see where they measured the effect with whole foods. Not that I disagree with the benefits of whole foods, but I didn't see where specifically they made whole foods part of the study.

It would be neat if that was part of the study, and they could directly compare the body's reaction to whole foods vs. isolated micronutrients.

I didn't see where they measured the effect with whole foods. Not that I disagree with the benefits of whole foods, but I didn't see where specifically they made whole foods part of the study.

It would be neat if that was part of the study, and they could directly compare the body's reaction to whole foods vs. isolated micronutrients.

I felt the same way.

it seems to me that they actually did not study the effect with whole foods, but they were also concerned that people might extrapolate the results to whole foods, and to avoid that, made the statement "even though they are high in antioxidants, the many other substances they contain presumably outweigh any negative effect."

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.