nutribullet?

bethj

Cathlete
I'm thinking of buying one, or something like it. Does anyone have one? I'd like to know how it does pulverizing fruits and veggies into liquid. also does it crush ice really well for a smoothie? I've had problems with blenders and food processors not really crushing the ice into tiny crystals. Any other brand recommendations?
BEth

Thanks Kariev! I looked at youtube videos comparing it with the Ninja and it looks way better and easier to use too. I've got Kohls coupons and with their sale it will be $64 after all my discounts. I'm buying it!
Beth

bethj said:
I'm thinking of buying one, or something like it. Does anyone have one? I'd like to know how it does pulverizing fruits and veggies into liquid. also does it crush ice really well for a smoothie? I've had problems with blenders and food processors not really crushing the ice into tiny crystals. Any other brand recommendations?
BEth

I treated myself to a Vitamix 750 for my birthday last September, and I loved it so much I gave one to my sister & one to my parents for Christmas.

I have a NutriBullet and love it. Makes a great smoothie. I can't justify the price of a Vitamix to make smoothies and that is all I would be using it for.

That's What I Thought Too

I have a NutriBullet and love it. Makes a great smoothie. I can't justify the price of a Vitamix to make smoothies and that is all I would be using it for.

I thought I would only make smoothies too, but now I make my own salad dressings and dips like hummus (with little or no oil), creamy soups (no cream), and my favorite "not so cheesy sauce" from their website. Leftover smoothies become frozen pops, and I haven't thrown out a fruit or veggie since I got it (before they get too ripe they go in the freezer for future recipes).

After going down the $100 here & $100 there route with other mixers, blenders, and food processors, I decided to bite the bullet and invest in a Vitamix.

The Nutribullet will do what you want, but pay attention to the fill line. I had a tendency to go just past the line, then the container would be too full when I tried to mix smoothies. It didn't hold up and started to leak and that's what I attribute it to.

I then bought the smaller Ninja and like it as well.

Lisa

The Nutribullet is the best!! It is the best appliance I've purchased. It's sturdy, easy to clean and it mixes everything perfect. I highly recommend it and the price is not bad at all. I compared some other mixers and they were either too expensive and looked extremely cheap. The Nutribullet has great reviews and again, I highly recommend it.

I treated myself to a Vitamix 750 for my birthday last September, and I loved it so much I gave one to my sister & one to my parents for Christmas.

Soxy, are you looking to add another sister to your family? :D

Beth, I actually have a Vitamix as well, not sure which model, but I bought it as a QVC Today's Special Value a few years ago. IIRC, the price was around $350. It has been worth every single penny. As Soxy already said, I had blown so much money going through (aka destroying) $50 or $100 blenders that the Vitamix was truly a money-saving investment for me. But I abuse my blenders and use them for everything under the sun (including baking and soup making and everything in between).

That said, my mom does own a Nutribullet. She likes it a lot. She uses it once daily for a green smoothie and it seems to blend everything together without leaving clumps of greens to chew on. I'm not sure how it would work for other applications, but if you aren't looking to do anything more than smoothies, the Nutribullet will probably be fine for you. :)

Well, I thought I would start out with this and then if I get totally hooked and want a more comprehensive/expensive/durable machine then invest in the vitamix. I have a habit of getting all excited about some healthy food trend and then getting bored after a few months of it, as my husband reminded me tonight! The bread maker, pizza stone, cuisinart blender, taco shell baking stand, mini muffin tins, grill pan, George Forman grill, and many other kitchen gadgets have long been given away to Good Will. My crockpot still reigns supreme however.
Beth

I recently saw buy one get one free NutriBullet on a TV informercial. I think the price was $110. Target sells them for $99. Also the TV ad sends you a book with more recipes and information about what foods are good for what. I bought mine at Target so did not get the book and the book sells for like $60 on amazon from the marketplace sellers.

I also have a NutriBullet and I love it! I use mine every day. Totally worth the price. Kohl's also sells the recipe book separately, for like $25 I think. And I have had mine for about two years now, and it is still growing strong!

My food processor died today while I was making a carrot cake
(My dad's favorite)
I put the carrots in my nutribullet and it made them perfect
I was going to be mad if I wasted all that
But it turned out great!
Cool
Christie

That's good to hear, because I hope I can use it as a food processor too.
This morning made my first shake-spinach, 1/2 banana and a few strawberries. Really tasted pretty good for no added sugar.
As for a recipe book, my Kohls nutribullet came with a 160 page book with a lot of shake recipes and other healthy recipes as well.
Beth

I made a faux pina colada today with just chobani coconut yogurt, some fresh pineapple and 2 ice cubes. It turned out great!
The one thing I wish it had was a way to add ingredients from the top. If you take it off the stand and open the twist off extractor to add things, you always get a leak when you screw it back on and reblend.
Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.