New workout series storage

Seeker2233

It would be great if the new series would come in a storage case like STS 2.0. I never keep my DVDs in those plastic single DVD cases. They can't easily be recycled. Cathe, please think about this....if not for this series, then for future ones. Plastic is a problem. We need to reduce the use of it as much as possible.

The traditional DVD case is easier for me to see when choosing a workout and for protecting the DVD from scratches when removing and replacing for storage. The multi DVD case does save plastic from individually packaged DVDs.
While I did like the uniqueness of the STS 2.0 case, I won't say I prefer the STS 2.0 case. I worry about the longevity of my DVDs especially with scratching as I remove. It also is hard for me to add my index cards for my notes on weights and helpful thoughts that I put in all my cases.

I, too, prefer either individual cases or a dvd case with the flip trays in it. And I agree,
the STS 2 travel case is nice, but I transferred them to a 12 disc case & a 3 disc case.
That doesn’t take near the room as 12 cases would. The Lite Series which was 7 dvds
is in a 8 disc case. If there are 8 workouts in the new series, that would work.

I'm doing a rotation with STS2.0 this month and used 3 of the discs today. While I appreciate the concern about the use of plastic and initially I liked the little round STS case, I had 2 discs slip out of those flimsy sleeves today while flipping the pages to get to the disc I wanted. I also had difficulty slipping them back in as the sleeve edges bend too easily. So I'd prefer a case like LITE's also - grab & press, press and go! One-handed, quick & easy!

I have all my dvds in large, multipage (multi discs per page) zipper portfolios. I could see a dvd case with flip trays in it. At least you can store more dvds in a case at one time. I would have to have some kind of book case to hold all the dvd cases, which would take up a lot of space. Just a thought.

I am thinking about buying a multi disc case to put my set in, too
Yep, works better for me. I don't have to be "so careful" when needing to get one. I've
gotten all my multi-disc cases from Amazon. I have 3 disc, 4 disc, 8 disc, and 12 disc
cases. I have a couple of those multi disc "notebooks", but the discs I have in those
are in a "holding pattern" which means they might stay or go as time goes. It also means
that if I get one out of them to use and it is damaged or doesn't play, I won't fret and be
overly upset about it.

I have all my dvds in large, multipage (multi discs per page) zipper portfolios. I could see a dvd case with flip trays in it. At least you can store more dvds in a case at one time. I would have to have some kind of book case to hold all the dvd cases, which would take up a lot of space. Just a thought.
I know not everyone has the tools to do this, but I made DVD shelving units from 1x6 boards (actual depth is 5.5 inches). Very narrow profile and don't take up much space. They can be hung on a wall if floor space is an issue. Or just hang 1x6 boards using shelf brackets. Just a thought. I like seeing the DVD cases so it's easy to grab the ones I want without searching.

As long as the case isn't like the case for Fit / Split, I will be grateful!

I prefer individual cases since I categorize my DVDs by type of workout. I notice my "sets" don't get used as much since they are in their own area and not in the categories I created. I realize that is on me, I just need to look at my "sets" more often.

I like seeing the DVD cases so it's easy to grab the ones I want without searching.
I even have a list of all my DVDs but I still can't decide until I see the cover/title. :D

I notice my "sets" don't get used as much since they are in their own area and not in the categories I created. I realize that is on me, I just need to look at my "sets" more often.
Oh that's me, too! I have my DVDs categorized and stored on shelves separately, too. My sets on their own shelf tend to get neglected .:confused:
I don't like clutter but, occasionally, I pull one set out and leave near my player to make sure I use it.

I’ve gone to downloads for many reasons. all of STS2.0 is on one drive, easily, and they play from my DVD player (USB plug in) so I use the same remote. I loved DVD’s but the downloads have taken over here.

I’ve gone to downloads for many reasons. all of STS2.0 is on one drive, easily, and they play from my DVD player (USB plug in) so I use the same remote. I loved DVD’s but the downloads have taken over here.
I think for STS2.0 I'd be okay with downloads as I usually add the bonus chapters on at the end anyways. However, for 2 of the 3 Total Body workouts, I think I'd miss the premixes as I'll often use the UB as a stand-alone workout or use the LB portions as add-ons. And I use the Parts premixes a lot too. But otherwise, downloads would have been fine.

Are the downloads chaptered? If yes, this is something to think about going forward! :)

I think for STS2.0 I'd be okay with downloads as I usually add the bonus chapters on at the end anyways. However, for 2 of the 3 Total Body workouts, I think I'd miss the premixes as I'll often use the UB as a stand-alone workout or use the LB portions as add-ons. And I use the Parts premixes a lot too. But otherwise, downloads would have been fine.

Are the downloads chaptered? If yes, this is something to think about going forward! :)
Yes the downloads are chaptered. I learned about software, called Handbrake, here, and I make simple premixes with it. If I wanted all the premixes, I'd buy DVD's but I find I only use two maybe, so I can handle that. There is a thread "Where is the Workout Blender for Download Users" that has the information on the software. mandarinfish is the member who provided the info. I have added the stretches to bonus workouts and simple stuff. I haven't needed other software, just the one that lets me isolate chapters. On the thumb drive, they just run in alphebetical order, so I just put them in a folder in the order I want them to run. I don't need other software for that. It's also good for making workout sheets.

Way back in the day and I mean way back…..when they had that online blender for
downloads purchased, I was in to getting some downloads for that purpose…and I
remember the downloads were chaptered, I put a lot of them on iPods back then
and you were able to choose any chapter you wanted. I still have a lot of the little
blender workouts that I did that way on some thumb drives…..that blender was hit
or miss….

Yes the downloads are chaptered. I learned about software, called Handbrake, here, and I make simple premixes with it. If I wanted all the premixes, I'd buy DVD's but I find I only use two maybe, so I can handle that. There is a thread "Where is the Workout Blender for Download Users" that has the information on the software. mandarinfish is the member who provided the info. I have added the stretches to bonus workouts and simple stuff. I haven't needed other software, just the one that lets me isolate chapters. On the thumb drive, they just run in alphebetical order, so I just put them in a folder in the order I want them to run. I don't need other software for that. It's also good for making workout sheets.
Thanks for sharing! I located the thread you were referencing- helpful! I may order both this time around to experiment (& if it's too frustrating or time consuming I'll have the dvds for backup.) :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.