new Tracie Long efforts announced

obrn

Cathlete
If you've never tried Tracie Long's workouts, I'm recommending them. They are completely different from Cathe in every way, but still wonderful. When I want to feel 'worked out' without feeling 'wrung out', these fit the bill. The new workouts will be filmed in October.
This was posted on Tracie's forum yesterday:
OK ladies, here's what I can tell you. There will be four videos and below are the leads, cast, type of video and length. We don't have any titles yet or in depth descriptions for you, those will come later. You will recognize all of the leads and some of the cast members from previous videos, while some of the cast are new faces. All of us are instructors and personal trainers at V, which is also where we will be filming all of the videos. All four videos will be released on DVD (no dvd-r!!!) and sold by Tracie Long Training. Also, we have an absolutely incredible producer that has received two Emmy's for her work with ABC sports! Jeanne Anne Copleston and Tracie Long Mathewes will be the primary choreographers.

Video A- 60 Minutes, Interval Style Workout
Tracie Long Mathewes-Lead
Linda Marie Hamill-Cast
Bonnie Geer-Cast

Video B- 45 Minutes, Stability and Strength with Weights and Stability Ball (No Cardio)
Susan Harris-Lead
Ann Richardson-Cast
Lauren Donahue-Cast

Video C- 60 Minutes, Interval Style Workout
Jen Carmen Wells-Lead
Cindy Thorpe-Cast
Lindsay Griffith-Cast

Video D- 45 Minutes, Medicine Ball and Balance Training Intervals
Tracie Long Mathewes-Lead
Stephanie Lasek-Cast
Sherri Grady-Cast

That's all for now. I will update you as we get more into rehearsals in the next two weeks. I hope ya'll are as excited about this new project as we are!

This seems interesting!! When will the videos actually be released? I will wait for reviews of them before buying them though.

Thanks OBRN! (I'm guessing you're an obstetrics nurse? Happy job (mostly), I would think! :))

I have Tracie's Functional Fitness series and I must confess that I hardly ever use it because I'm such a Cathe monogamist -- it doesn't feel like a workout day with Cathe. :) But I really do like Tracie's work, and these videos sound like they should end up being a well-rounded mini-series. It'll be interesting to see what the final contents are!

http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/sport/sport-smiley-003.gif Kathy S. http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/sport/sport-smiley-001.gif

These sound great! I love Tracie's focus on functional fitness, and like to do a FF week after every 3-4 weeks of more traditional strength tranining. It seems to help me lift stronger when I get back to the more traditional stuff.

I'm also glad these will be on regular DVD's!

What I love about Tracie's work outs is that they are AREN'T anything like Cathe's. The entire focus is completely different and I find myself engaged physically and mentally in a different way. I find I like doing a week's worth at a time, like Kathryn, to shake things up. Life would be dull without variety!
Valerie

Does she sell her stuff on collage? I'd like to preview some of these workouts. Sounds like a good balance with Cathe.

Jen and Susan are my two favorite Firm instructors. I'll have to keep an eye on these! Thanks for the heads up.

No previews on the website of the ones already on the market. Hopefully, she'll put up previews of the new ones when they get that far along in production.
These work outs have a 'love it or hate it' factor. Many people have found them too easy, boring etc. Relatively easy to find on the swaps.
Valerie
:)
ps: yes, I do work in OB. A great job, almost all the time. When it's sad, it's the worst.

I figure they've got to be like the segments I have of her on the Firm. I have one where she's doing legwork on the floor, putting a weight on the inside of your knee and then doing inner thighs.
She wears a big belt in those Firm ones that drives me bannanas. Belts are uncomfortable when you're not working out, why would you wear one while working out?!? :+

>I figure they've got to be like the segments I have of her on
>the Firm. I have one where she's doing legwork on the floor,
>putting a weight on the inside of your knee and then doing
>inner thighs.

TLP's are quite different from Firm workouts.
I have that lower body workout as well. A very effective floor workout, IMO.

>> Many people have found them too easy, boring etc.

I find that a lot of functional fitness workouts can seem "too easy" at first (especially when compared with heavy weight training). But it seems that when you do the workouts more, they get more challenging. Maybe something to do with less superficial muscles finally becoming engaged.

OMG I had completely missed her name!!!! I love Jen Carmen!!!! She was my idol before Cathe. :D I'm going to the V site now to see if I can see a photo.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.