New Here!!

Cleosmom

Cathlete
There is still hope. - Arwen LOTR

Hello all. I just registered! I am currently doing The FIRM and Tae Bo and Pilates and have become facinated by Cathe's workouts (thanks to FitTv). I am really interested in Cathe's weight workouts. I have always been intimidated by step workouts. I am afraid of tripping and falling!!!

Any advice you can give me will be greatly appreciated! I am happy to meet you all!

Sharon

Welcome Sharon!! I did the Firm for years, still have the tapes although after Cathe the new Firms seemed so easy. I have done step for about 13 years. It does take some getting used to. My normal cardio is running, although currently I am injured so Cathe's tapes have really helped. She has a great selection of weight tapes. Are you just beginning with weights? I think Maximun Intensity Strength was about her 1st total weight workout, but she had added many more. I have alot if the advanced strength workouts which I love. I am sure more people will post and help you out, a great forum for learning...:)...Carole

Hi Sharon, welcome to the forum. Cathe's step workouts can be pretty tricky but they're doable. Just allow yourself time to learn them. If you've never done step before, you may want to check out her much earlier videos for the simpler choreography. Since you're doing Tae Bo, you might like Kick, Punch and Crunch. I think this is Cathe's best kickboxing workout yet. Not too much high-impact hi/lo moves incorporated into the workout. Mostly punching and kicking, just the way I like it.:) I do like Billy Blanks, although I wish he'd give more form pointers.

Carole mentioned MIS, so I'll add the PS series (my all-time favorite), the Pyramids, and Slow & Heavy. For endurance, the ones I like are Power Hour, Leaner Legs, CTX-Upper Body Split, and Muscular Endurance. I believe you'll be happy with whatever you end up choosing. I have workouts that I don't use so much or haven't used at all, but I don't regret having them. In time they'll prove their worth.:)

Pinky

Thanks Carole & Pinky!! I am really anxious to try Cathe's workouts. The first step I tried was Denise Austin! I had such a hard time following her that I was leary to try others. Then I bought a Redbook step tape that was 20 min. and really easy to follow. I loved that tape!! I have since done the step segments in the FIRM and once I learn them I enjoy them. But I still have moments of clumsiness!! I have realized that I truly love weights! I really feel powerful but not in a masculine way, if that makes sense.

I am going to check into your suggested workouts. Who knows, maybe I'll eventually own ALL of Cathe's workouts!!!

Sharon:)

I think owning all of Cathe is a very good move...:)...I do have to ask though...how in the world could you stand Austin's voice?? ;( , somehow I couldn't take it and Cathe's voice is cute...just like her...:)..Pinky gave you some GREAT suggestions so good luck...:)...Carole

There is still hope. - Arwen LOTR

:p When I started exercising, Denise was pretty much all I could find at my local LITTLE Wal-Mart! I didn't know any better!!! But then I discovered the FIRM through reading Shape magazine and they ran those full page ads to order the tapes. I was fascinated but never ordered. Then I found them in TimeLife! I had ordered the video series North And South, so I received catalogs occasionally. I ordered the Firm series through them. I now own ALL of the FIRM workouts. I will admit that thanks to Denise and her Hit The Spot series, I began exercising. And thanks to that, I discovered a whole world of workouts!!!

Sharon:D

Hi Sharon! Just wanted to say WELCOME and YES, it is only a matter of time and you will want every Cathe tape made. As a beginner stepper, I would suggest The Wedding tape and also MegaStepBlast. They are great beginner tapes. They make take a few tries and rewinds to get them down but once you do, you will love them. As far as workouts go, I think MIS is an excellent starter tape using less weight then Cathe til you figure out what is appropriate for you. Actually, ANY Cathe strength tape is fine just as long as you modify where needed. The PS Series is an excellent starter set too. There are so many choices and there is not one I have been disappointed with. Just go for it, have FUN and let us know how you are doing. Again, WELCOME!!!!
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Also...the Wedding tape has a beginner muscle conditioning (weight) workout that is about an hour long included so you get step and weights all in one tape.
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Hi Debbie and Bobbi!! I have previewed the Wedding tape on this site (Cathe's previews are superior to Collage's, as I've got a REAL good idea what the workout is like!!!). I think I will like that one. I am really interested in the PS series and the Slow & Heavy series right now. I am going to preview MegaStepBlast now.

Thanks for the suggestions and for making me feel very welcome!!!

Sharon:+

I am doing heavy training right now and Slow and Heavy is my favorite. It is so hard and soooo slow but it's 8 8 count reps and they do come to an end so I have survived going heavier and heavier! My second favorite s the wonder pyramid workouts which start you at your lowest weight and take you up and back down. Next on my list comes PS and it too is fabulous. Whatever you chose, I think you will like them, they are all pure, unadulterated heavy workouts! Welcome to the wonderful world of Cathe. Be prepared to become addicted! We all have! :)
Bobbi "Chick's rule!" http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/chicken.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.