Need to save carpeting in workout room

Murphymax

Cathlete
Hello, everyone, I have been working out in the same spare bedroom for years and the carpet is really worn. I am not in a position to replace the carpet and I wanted to know if anyone has any suggestions on something they use over top of their carpeting to save the carpet that is also workout friendly?

Thank you!

I use another piece of carpet! I was lucky in that I had a HUGE remnant leftover and just put it on top.

At my other house, I was able to stuff more padding underneath the then-current carpet. I remember I peeled back a side of carpet, stuffed more padding underneath and was able to "smash" the carpet back into place around the perimeter of the room.

I use another piece of carpet! I was lucky in that I had a HUGE remnant leftover and just put it on top.

At my other house, I was able to stuff more padding underneath the then-current carpet. I remember I peeled back a side of carpet, stuffed more padding underneath and was able to "smash" the carpet back into place around the perimeter of the room.
Gobias, thank you so much for the reply. I thought about purchasing an area rug; if the remnant worked I think the area rug would as well. Thank you again for the reply!

I recommend an area rug.

Home Depot sell a liner to put under the area rug (if it slides) but we found a pretty :ETA INexpensive area rug that is heavy at Big Lots. Other discount stores have similar.
We found one that worked well for my mother in law in a heavily trafficked area.

Last edited:
I recommend an area rug.

Home Depot sell a liner to put under the area rug (if it slides) but we found a pretty expensive area rug that is heavy at Big Lots. Other discount stores have similar.
We found one that worked well for my mother in law in a heavily trafficked area.
Thank you, Lady Vol Fan!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.

Back