Need input on these workouts please...

Cupcake

Cathlete
Hi
I'm looking at Shock Cardio Step Moves and the other Athletic one and the Circuit workout in that series. Are they intermediate sort of ish? How come they have no pre mixes?
What are your thoughts on the Basic Step and Body Fusion?
Also eyeing the DVD with Step Works...I have always liked the look of that one but never got it.
Currently enjoying the High Step DVD ( the beginner one ) and ICE Bootcamp and LIS.
I'm not exactly sure yet what my preferences are but I do like Rhythmic Step, IMAX 2, and 4DS and ICE. Not a fan of Step Blast, Cardio and Weights or that Kung Fu fighting one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Step Moves and Athletic Step are intermediate-low advanced. Athletic Step is the most intense of the 2, IMO, but definitely not at Imax Intensity level. They are steady state, with the exception of a small blast section at the end of Athletic Step. SM is dancey choreo, AS is more drill-like. There are no premixes most likely because both workouts are on the shorter side...44 and 47 minutes, respectively.

The Shock Cardio Circuit Blast workout is fun and you might like it since you enjoy the High Step DVD, but it is DEFINITELY a step up from the beginner version. You will be challenged for sure.

Don't have Basic Step or Body Fusion.

I like the Cardio Hits DVD w/Step Works, but I truthfully do not reach for it very much. It is retro, which isn't necessarily bad, but I like the newer stuff better. So, yeah I like it but I don't do it often.

Thanks so much! The Cardio Hits... When u say retro ... Is it the time when they would repeat something over and over again? Like lunges off the step or over the step multiple times?
I suppose if I want three from that set it would make more sense to buy the series. I remember someone recommending Travel Fit too.

I do like the High Step beginner. It gets the job done without too much difficulty. I found it burned more calories than straight up cardio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk。。。没事,不打就走不掉吧

Last edited:
When u say retro

By retro, I mean mostly that it is an older production. She also seems to spend more time on introducing the moves than she does in more recent years. I still like all 3 workouts and don't think the choreography is too tricky or dancey. Definitely not like Party Rockin Step 1. Choreography shouldn't be a problem for you if you like Rhythmic Step. Also, these are higher impact workouts if that matters to you.

I like Travel Fit as well. I did this workout a lot when I was pregnant. It's a good, basic circuit workout. Moves fast, not boring. I don't care for the MMA Fusion workout that comes in the set. That is one workout that I will never, ever do. Too much drop to the ground, roll on your back, then jump up, kinds of moves. Then also note that the HiiTs are tough, and Cardio Core Circuit is really really really tough. I DO like the HiiTs and CCC, they are just hard, so it just depends on how much intensity you want.

I just got these on the Daily Deal and STS Total Body and used the Save 15 :)

So these arrived this week and I need to rave about Circuit Blast! Thank you for those who reviewed and recommended these! I never got them before because i thought they had no premixes. I only bought the Hiit ones.
I tried Travel Fit already and liked it. Definitely a good addition to the beginner collection that I've been enjoying.
Today I tried Circuit Blast and was thinking I better quit after the warm up...lol
But I kept at it. Modified, paused here and there. But I finished it! Time flew! I guess I do like the Circuits! Although with all my breaks they turn into intervals :) I just love how the high impact stuff was short so if I tried it I can finish it. Plus it moved along without too much repeating stuff. Good for ADD. It was FUN!
When I have more time I will attempt Step Moves :)

Tackled Step Moves this morning and I was putting it off because I was sort of scared. I always had trouble with 4DS low intensity step's last segment. No matter how many times I previewed it, couldn't get it. So I was really wary of this one.
But this was actually enjoyable! I still need to practice the last part but I got the routine down :) I think my blood sugar was just running low by the time the last combo came around. The up and back triples around got me dizzy but I knew what my feet should do. ( kind of [emoji4] ) But it sure is fun! I'm enjoying this series a lot!

Oh funny you should mention that workout. I just did it this morning! I was trying to decide whether to do one of the Les Mills Combat workouts or a Cathe Beginner Step but decided on that one because I figured the step portion would be basic plus I get some light weight work.
I'm really happy to have noticed how much steadier I have gotten on the lunge and kicks, running man,leg presses and core work with just working out roughly 3x/week ( I struggle to get 3 in ) But it's amazing to see improvements like that in such a short time.
I enjoy this workout a lot. I do have to try to cross train though because the legs do get fried with too much step workouts.
I know for Step moves I need to be caffeinated and alert.
For ICE Bootcamp and Circuit Blast I need to have had Carbs.
For High Step Circuit a smoothie will get me through it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.