need guidance adjusting my bike plz

MAYNARDSMOM

Cathlete
I finally got my indoor bike so I will be all set for CycleMax & its *even* put together! ;) I could use some guidance on the settings for it plz. Height of seat & handle bars as well as moving the seat forward/back. I had my road bike adjusted at a bike shop but apparently didn't pay attention :rolleyes:.

Thanks all

There are alot of resources online for specifics on spin bike seat adjustments. But, my basics- your seat should generally be at about hip height. I usually bend my knee up so that my leg is at a 90 degree angle level with my hips and align the seat with my leg. Then hop on. Bring one pedal to the bottom of the stroke. Your leg should have full extension but there should be a soft bend in the knee- no locklout. Then bring both pedals to the middle of the rotation so that they are level. The front leg should be at a 90 degree angle. As for the handlebars- they really just get adjusted according to comfort and preference. You should be able to reach them without stretching and you should be able to keep a light hold (never have to grip tightly to the bars). Having them higher is a little easier and more comfortable for new riders. After you get comfortable with the bike you may chose to lower them a bit.

Hope all my rambling helps a little! happy spinning ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.