My Insanity Modification Challenge!!

pjlippert

Cathlete
So, I dearly miss doing Insanity, but it is just brutal on my joints. So, I have embarked upon a mission to modify the entire Insanity program to low/lower impact. I did Plyo Cardio today and found it pretty easy to modify the jumping. I'm using extra power with my arms and squating deeper and a bit faster at times to make up for the bone-jarring impact.

It worked my body beautifully and I don't feel stiff as I do when I work it full on high-impact.

I will keep you all posted as to how I feel tomorrow! :cool::eek:

Tomorrow is Cardio Power & Resistance. I'm going to take 90 vs. 60 days to do it so I can get comfortable with the modifications. I took my before pix today and can't wait to take my after in 90 day!

If anybody has any ideas as to how you would modify, I would love to hear them!

Thanks!
Pam

I don't remember the moves very well in this workout, as it was ages ago when I did it, but I do remember there are a lot of standing mountain climbers. You could do those on the floor with the sliding discs to modify those.

I don't remember the moves very well in this workout, as it was ages ago when I did it, but I do remember there are a lot of standing mountain climbers. You could do those on the floor with the sliding discs to modify those.

Ooo- I didn't think of the sliding disks! What an awesome suggestion! Thank you!

If you can refresh my memory on what some of the moves are, then maybe I'll have some other ideas...

Oh, there are those side jump things where you are in a plank position and then you jump your legs from in and out from side to side. Those could also be modified on the discs. You can do those tuck in movements that are in slide and glide. Do you know those? You pull your knees in and then you push your legs back, and then you come back in again in a pike, and then you repeat that sequence. That could replace those jump ins...you're still in a plank, and you're still moving your legs in and out which works your lower abs.

Eva

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.