Menopause and weight gain... ; (

jdmeak

any suggestions for a fit 50 + tennis player/runner about how to lose those 8 nasty menopause pounds? I've lowered carbs and keep calories to 1200 . i am at a loss.. advice??

My suggestion would be to focus more on reducing sugar and processed foods but keeping the complex carbs - there are hidden sugars in a lot of foods. 1200 calories sounds a bit low for someone who is very active and your body may think it's starving therefore holding onto the fat as much as possible. Maybe changing up your workout routine to "shock your body" as Cathe would say?!

I agree with Justine. I'm 45 and have only been doing heavy weights for the last year. The results are remarkable. I've always been an "aerobic junkie" and resisted weights, but since I've tried them I can definitely see my "younger body" emerging. It does take time to see changes, but you start to feel them pretty quickly. I am absolutely in love with feeling strong.

any suggestions for a fit 50 + tennis player/runner about how to lose those 8 nasty menopause pounds? I've lowered carbs and keep calories to 1200 . i am at a loss.. advice??
Congratulations on reaching this milestone in your life! It is the end of a few things and the beginning of of as many things as you dare to let your mind/body take you! The previous posters have given you some great advice; I bet if you mix up your fitness routine a bit and focus on QUALITY (rather than quantity) foods you'll feel much better. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress!

Just saw this on the forum...thought it would be of interest:
Hi Everyone! I hope your New Year is off to a good start. I will admit that I put on four unwanted pounds so I am working hard to show them “Who’s Boss”! Last year at this time I went on a Mega Energy program designed by Nourishing Guru nutritionists Jane Schwartz and Stephanie Goodman. In case you haven’t heard me mention them to you before, they are the nutritionists who successfully helped me battle my issues with inflammation last year. This year they are releasing a new improved Mega Energy Program that I am going to go on again. While reducing inflammation is key for me, there are so many other incredible benefits to this new and improved Mega Energy Program that I’m excited about. If you’re interested in hearing more about the Mega Energy Program there is a free phone call that you can listen in on this coming Tuesday (link below).

As you know I am all about clean wholesome foods and no nonsense exercise when it comes to good health. No gimmicks, no short cuts etc. If I find something that works for me I always want to share it with you. So again, if you want to know more about it just click on the link. https://nourishinggurus.leadpages.net/5steptoenergy/

Hi! Hope you don't mind if I jump on here too ;) I am 51 and fighting that gain too. Keeping my diet clean helps, but I know I'm too low on the calories. I need to up them gradually and heavy weights would help that too. I need to lose fat and increase strength.

Which rotation/program would you recommend the most for heavy lifting? The STS program? I've been doing RWH since I got it in December. I like it a lot. There are some things in the plyo moves that I have to modify. Otherwise I keep up pretty well. Since I"m new to Cathe videos, any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi! Hope you don't mind if I jump on here too ;) I am 51 and fighting that gain too. Keeping my diet clean helps, but I know I'm too low on the calories. I need to up them gradually and heavy weights would help that too. I need to lose fat and increase strength.

Which rotation/program would you recommend the most for heavy lifting? The STS program? I've been doing RWH since I got it in December. I like it a lot. There are some things in the plyo moves that I have to modify. Otherwise I keep up pretty well. Since I"m new to Cathe videos, any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!
I would be interested in some advice in this area too...this last year with perimenopause has wreaked havoc with my body composition.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.