mat workout questions/request

bethj

Cathlete
Cathe, what is "parallel mat conditioning"? Also please don't make a lot of the exercises be kneeling on all 4's as a lot of us have patella-femoral issues and can't do the kneeling stuff. thanks!
Beth

Until Cathe comes to answer your question, I understand it to be parallel to the floor/mat, so basically lying work. Probably along the lines of side lying pilates series, back conditioning on the stomach, floor work with a band like in Gym Styles ..that sort of thing.
: )

Until Cathe comes to answer your question, I understand it to be parallel to the floor/mat, so basically lying work. Probably along the lines of side lying pilates series, back conditioning on the stomach, floor work with a band like in Gym Styles ..that sort of thing.
: )
If its just good old traditional floor work I know exactly what that is. I thought "parallel mat" implied some new type of exercise! With 2 mats side by side or something...

Hi Beth,
Parallel mat training refers to exercises in which the body is parallel to the mat. This will include a variety of exercises including some lying face down, some lying face up and some on the hands and knees.

:):):)
I can just imagine feeling the burn in places I think it can possibly *not* occur:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Bring it on Cathe:), somehow you always trigger my curiosity:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.