make up question

aloxx

Cathlete
Hi there,
I have a question about make up and hope that I'll get some good advice here. A few months ago I started using the new mineral make-up from Loreal (foundation and powder finisher). Anyway, lately (over the past 6 weeks or so) I've noticed that my skin has been breaking out some - typically I get one or two of those annoying pimples that just gets large and sits on your face taking forever to go away. I didn't really think about it being the make-up causing the problem because I've dealt with this type of thing on and off for ages, but my skin has been pretty good for the last several years with minimal breakouts.

Anyway, after reading something last night, I'm thinking that maybe it is the make-up causing the problem. So I'm wondering, does anyone know of good foundation, etc for acne prone skin? I'd like something with good (medium) coverage that stays on and looks smooth. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Alicia

I have acne prone skin and have had good luck with Larium (sp?? something like that do a google search for mineral make up and I am sure you will be able to find it). It does not have the things in it that many of the mineral make-up brands do that cause you to break out.

>I have acne prone skin and have had good luck with Larium
>(sp?? something like that do a google search for mineral make
>up and I am sure you will be able to find it). It does not
>have the things in it that many of the mineral make-up brands
>do that cause you to break out.

Do you mean Larenim ?("mineral" spelled backwards) I like their stuff (cruelty free, and they have some good vegan brushes as well). They offer good-size samples at a good price (for example, their eyeshadow samples are $3.95, and they say they are good for 5 uses, but I find they last much longer).

Yeah that would be the name I was looking for. Their make up lasts a long time and does not cause me to break out like a lot of make-up brands do. Thanks

Thank you! I think I'll try grab some neutrogena, as well as order some samples from larenim. I just threw away all the mineral make-up I bought and I'm starting from scratch again with all my make-up. Hopefully new make-up will alleviate the problem!

Thanks again for the suggestions. I appreciate it!

Alicia

I love Mary Kay skin care and their new mineral powder foundation. you can layer on whatever coverage you want from light to heavier. It's awesome and very lightweight.

I use Bare Escentuals and love it. I put my BE on a friend who does not wear makeup and she said she could feel it. She purchased some Mary Kay and said she can not feel it at all and it has great coverage.

Apparently, LaurEss is also good. I've ordered some samples from them. It has very few ingredients (don't know if that's the right word to use for make-up!) and so is less likely to cause irritation compared to some of the other mineral foundations.

Emma

Thank you for the responses. This helps a lot! I ordered some samples from the everyday minerals make up line. Has anyone tried that? I thought that I couldn't go wrong with the free samples.

Thanks!

I use BE also but I wanted to say that you may want to make sure to clean your brushes every so often. I bought the BE brand brush cleaner and it works great!!

>Thank you for the responses. This helps a lot! I ordered
>some samples from the everyday minerals make up line. Has
>anyone tried that? I thought that I couldn't go wrong with
>the free samples.
>
>Thanks!

I use everyday minerals. It's a bit of a pain to find your color or color combination but they will let you order as many free sample kits as you want to figure it out. I like this line a lot and have a lot of their makeup and colors. Once you find your combo and order a kit (which I think is an awesome value) the stuff will last you forever. I like that they have different formulations. I used the intensive. I'm 38 and still have oily skin...bleh.
Angela

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.