Low Impact Workout DVDs

CarlaVeg

Cathlete
Hello all!!! I hope you are doing great ;)

Can you suggest low impact DVD's? I'm having some issues with my knees right now... I hurt them doing TJ Cardio Party 3 on carpet and they've been hurting for the past 3 days... I'm icing my knees and I also using knee braces when working out, and that's helping.... tomorrow I'm gonna get a bottle of vegetarian Glucosamine to see if that also helps...

Is Cathe's Low Impact Circuit knee/joint friendly? what other DVDs can I do?

TIA,

Carla :)

Carla, If you want suggestions for non-Cathe DVD's, you might want to repost this in the 'Open Discussion" section, which is where Cathe likes us to keep questions and comments about 'other' workouts. ;-)

The new LIC workout of Cathe's might work for you. It never hurts my knees, even when they're sore. Also, ride a bike?

Thank you all for your suggestions... I'm very new to Cathe's workouts and I'm addicted so I hate to stop for a few days to wait until my knees feel better....
yesterday I did the first part of body max 2 with modifications... and loved the workout.... I wanted to jump like they were but I couldnt.... today I did the floor part of butts and guts.... no lunges.... my knees are still sore.... tomorrow i will get the glucosamine to see if that helps....

tomorrow i want to do body max again... i loved it.... i think drill max will be to high impact for tomorrow.... or i just may do upper body.... i'm frustated 'cause i want to do to all her workouts and i haven't even tried a couple that i got a few days ago.... last night i ordered LIC....

I will get a bike... next weekend, but i won't ride it until the spring....

I am rather new to Cathe, so I am no expert. But I think Low Max and LIC are good low impact choices. Kick Max has a low impact premix. Maybe Kick Punch and Crunch does. I haven't checked that one out fully yet, as I just got the Body Blast series. Hope this helps. Her workouts are so good and fun. I hope you are feeling better.

Sandra

It really depends on what kind of knee pain you are having. Low Max kills my knees because of the squatting down. I don't have a knee injury, but I have had knee pain for years that was exacerbated from step workouts, squatting down and stepping up onto the step is what hurts mine. What really helps me is to do Cathe's workouts without the step, it really bummed me out at first, but I soon came to the conclusion that it was better than not doing them at all which is what I was having to do. This might not pertain to you, like I said it depends on what activities hurt your knee. Be careful not to injure it further. Hope you feel better soon.

I like LIC and Lowmax, but I wonder if kick boxing might be better for your knees right now. I prefer LIC because of the weight segments, but both are fun. I especially like the step only premix on LowMax. I'd keep my step lower too. I've only been using 4 inches lately.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.