Low Impact Series Project Update - 8-29-11

If you read the update on Tuesday in our newsletter it was very clear on where we are and what still needs to be done on this project. I'm not sure why you stated in your posts that the Newsletter didn't contain anything new or that the last update was Aug 29th? These are simply not true or accurate statements. Our last update was just three days ago.

As we have stated previously the duplicator will not give us a production date until they have received all of the masters from us. This has not happened yet and we will not be able to give you a date until they do. As we stated previously the shipping date was only an estimated date and not a guarantee.

There are hundreds of variables that go into making a production of this scale and making accurate predictions on shipping dates is very difficult at best. Once the duplicator has all of the masters from us and has told when to expect delivery we will share that information with everyone. But until that happens we're not going to speculate on a shipping date.

I think the reason people said that the link was for Aug. 29th is because when I hit the link that you posted in this thread - it takes us to the Aug. 29th entree. And when I hit the button about Low Impact Series update in the newsletter it also takes me to the Aug. 29th entree.

So perhaps just changing the link so that it takes people to the Sept. 6th blog entree would help.

Last edited:
I think I see the confusion. All of our updates are posted to the same Blog Page.. The August 29th date is the date the page was first created and does not reflect updates made to the page. This way you know that all you have to do is go to Cathe Friedrich - Low Impact Series Project Update to get the latest update. The first paragraph is always the same, but the update that follows the first paragraph is changed each week or whenever we have additional important information to share.

We also answer questions everyday concerning this project, so we do try to keep everyone informed as best we can. If you have a question all you have to do is ask us - we even answer on weekends. But we can't answer questions we don't know the answer to. Duplication can take several days or several weeks, it just depends on how busy the plant is once they receive all of our masters from us. We do have some pull and pressure we can apply to the duplicator because of the size of our order, but we can not know what this will mean time wise until we have delivered all of the masters to them.

Last edited:
Ah, thanks!

And thanks for all of your hard work - I am looking forward to the workouts, I know it takes a lot of time to get the final product done and am more than willing to wait!

This is a HIGHLY anticipated series! I understand everyone's excitement to have them in hand. I, too, am trying to wait patiently, so I appreciate the updates.

The excellent quality and available premixes of all Cathe's productions is well worth the patience. Thanks for all of your hard work!! ;)

Oh! ...we know everyone is anxious to receive their DVDs and we too are not only anxious to finish this project, but also interested to share this series with everyone and to read your reviews and comments.

As a business we have huge economic incentives for finishing this series ASAP, but we also can't rush our work as mistakes can be costly and cause even further delays. A lot of us have been working on this project seven days a week for months and finishing the Low Impact Series is our total focus right now.

Each DVD project is different that we do and unfortunately they don't follow well defined time lines. You have to be almost perfect in the DVD authoring process as there are hundreds of mistakes that you can easily make even on a simple DVD that will result in a product recall. Our DVDs are anything but simple and contain some of the most complex chapter menus and Premixes in our industry. This means we're really not authoring 10 DVDs, we're doing 50!

We're now in the final phase of this project and it really won't be too much longer before we have the new DVDs in stock and can begin shipping, but we can't work any harder or faster than we currently are.

Please don't rush!

SNM, thank you so much for all the hard work and dedication that has gone into producing this highly anticipated series. I know we all want them now but I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that I would much rather wait a few weeks and have a quality product than have a rushed-through mistaken-ridden botched up disaster! (Not that that's likely to happen but you get my drift.) It really irks me when I get my hands on an eagerly awaited new workout dvd (not a Cathe of course) and find it full of errors that could have easily picked up in the editing process - it's just sloppy and unprofessional. SNM, I know you won't let us down but all you Cathe fans out there please stop hassling these poor people and let them get on with their job! :)

SNM, thank you so much for all the hard work and dedication that has gone into producing this highly anticipated series. I know we all want them now but I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that I would much rather wait a few weeks and have a quality product than have a rushed-through mistaken-ridden botched up disaster! (Not that that's likely to happen but you get my drift.) It really irks me when I get my hands on an eagerly awaited new workout dvd (not a Cathe of course) and find it full of errors that could have easily picked up in the editing process - it's just sloppy and unprofessional. SNM, I know you won't let us down but all you Cathe fans out there please stop hassling these poor people and let them get on with their job! :)

You aren't alone in thinking the way you do. I don't get it either, or why anyone can't understand that its not intended to be delayed. I want the quality that Cathe puts out, and if you are that impatient over a few days or one week (even at a discount price) then just wait until the series is out, pay full price and rock on.

I too am eagerly awaiting this series, but I am more than willing to wait until the team believes that it is the best product that they can produce.

It will be well worth the wait.

Thank you for keeping us updated and informed !!!

I understand that estimated dates are just that...estimates! I am glad that you are so careful about making sure the final result is excellent. And I am willing to wait while all the many aspects of production are finished. I am thankful for the Cathe workouts, which are of superior quality.

In the overall scheme of things, a few weeks or even months in either direction are to be expected and are of less consequence to us, the buyers, than to you, the producers. I know that you are working furiously and want this to be completed probably more than many of us.

I wish you the best as you finish up this labor of love.

I agree with everyone. As badly as I want these new DVDs, the quality of Cathe's videos makes them well worth the wait!!!! :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.